Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
invicta2012

Getting your first Tier X ship for Coal

11 comments in this topic

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles

Yes and No. 

Yes  - because unless you are familiar with T10 matches - it can be a bit of a jump up. See the number of Salems who YOLO in and get themselves killed in 30s flat...*

No - If I had to use a Coal T10 and nothing but - the Smolensk or Thunderer are probably quite high up on the 'user-friendly' list. 

I wouldn't regard top-tier play as anything special - just the almost mandatory HE/Smoke spam, the ever-present 'dodge the CV' mini-game and the usual braindead camping 'who can hug the rock the closest' mentality. Kind of like most other tiers in WOWS - only you'd hope people would've learned by now....

They haven't.

EDIT TO ADD - *Making a mistake in T10 is usually resulting in things going very wrong very quickly due to the firepower available plus all the radar/gimmickry such as reload boosters, etc.

• Cool 4

[-TPF-]
Players
4,464 posts
18,486 battles
3 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

if u can keep wr above 50 ...

Excuse me while I stifle a giggle or two. Are you only allowed to play Tier X if you have a 50% WR? I think someone is telling porkies....

[-TPF-]
Players
4,464 posts
18,486 battles
7 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

No - If I had to use a Coal T10 and nothing but - the Smolensk or Thunderer are probably quite high up on the 'user-friendly' list. 

This is the thing, you see. I already have a Musashi and a Jean Bart and this has rather removed my enthusiasm for grinding ship lines. They are already more fun than anything other BB in the Tech Tree at Tier IX (and several of the Tier X ships, too) - all anyone seems to be about in those Tiers is grumble, so why grind? 

I hear Thunderer is very good - better than Conqueror - and I worry it might have the same impact. 

11 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Yes  - because unless you are familiar with T10 matches - it can be a bit of a jump up. See the number of Salems who YOLO in and get themselves killed in 30s flat...

I'm not taking a cruiser into Tier X. What would be the point? If I want to zoom about the place and blow things up I can use JB or Georgia (another possibility), and they don't explode when a Yamato looks at them (most of the time).  Smolensk looks viable but it's pure troll and bound to be nerfed.... don't really want to spend 6 month's worth of coal collecting effort on that!

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,693 posts
20,960 battles
22 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Excuse me while I stifle a giggle or two. Are you only allowed to play Tier X if you have a 50% WR? I think someone is telling porkies....

(Sadly) No, but it's unlikely you're gonna have an enjoyable time there if you like to win or stay alive for more than a couple of mins. Higher tiers are more unforgiving than lower tiers.

Though tbh I am a bit amazed that you still don't have a T10 yet with almost 11,5k battles played.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

You need to get used to any ship with specific mechanics any way. Might as well be straight up T9 or T10.

I thought i gotten the hang of Azuma quite well only to find out the almost exact same Yoshino is a different beast. It's torpedos make a lot of difference when other SuperCruisers decide they want to duel you. Or kill BB that are busy fighting something else.

T10 Smolensk or T9 Friesland can produce laughable extreme damage high scores ( even for me while the average of all my ships is T7 ) but are very situational.

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
275 posts
11,333 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

(Sadly) No, but it's unlikely you're gonna have an enjoyable time there if you like to win or stay alive for more than a couple of mins. Higher tiers are more unforgiving than lower tiers.

Though tbh I am a bit amazed that you still don't have a T10 yet with almost 11,5k battles played.

That's why i don't think he does care about winning. Those people just like pumping stupid number of battles without willingness to learn anything. No matter what he picks he will suck anyway.

[ANV]
Players
556 posts
4,821 battles
43 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Is this a bad thing? 

Nope not necessarily 

Beta Tester
1,959 posts
18,710 battles
Vor 8 Minuten, invicta2012 sagte:

This is the thing, you see. I already have a Musashi and a Jean Bart and this has rather removed my enthusiasm for grinding ship lines. They are already more fun than anything other BB in the Tech Tree at Tier IX (and several of the Tier X ships, too) - all anyone seems to be about in those Tiers is grumble, so why grind? 

I hear Thunderer is very good - better than Conqueror - and I worry it might have the same impact. 

I'm not taking a cruiser into Tier X. What would be the point? If I want to zoom about the place and blow things up I can use JB or Georgia (another possibility), and they don't explode when a Yamato looks at them (most of the time).  Smolensk looks viable but it's pure troll and bound to be nerfed.... don't really want to spend 6 month's worth of coal collecting effort on that!

You grind in order to learn how to play the game. It has a lot of depth. Your current stats suggest that you play relatively poorly.

Of course you don't have to care about this and just play for fun in the high tiers. If I may add: this kind of attitude has driven me away from high tier battles and back to mid tiers. At least there I know that half of the players barely know what to do in this game. It is my mistake that I expect high tier games to be high skill games. Silly me.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,464 posts
18,486 battles
5 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

It turned out that Ships for Resources category has all the fun and historic ones. Musashi and Jean Bart vs the SMS Napkin and HMS Doodle. 

4 minutes ago, _Robertas_ said:

That's why i don't think he does care about winning. Those people just like pumping stupid number of battles without willingness to learn anything. No matter what he picks he will suck anyway.

I am perfectly well aware of my limitations as a player, ta v much. As I mentioned I already have a Musashi and a Jean Bart, which I have never played in either Random or Ranked, as it wouldn't be fun for me or for the people I play with. I also have very little patience with high tier Gameplay in any of the numerous games I like. It's always so worked out. But I  do have the resources to spend, so I am wondering about how to spend them wisely.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this