Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
D7v

Teir IX vs X coal/steel ships for credits. Which is better ?

22 comments in this topic

[-ITU-]
Players
537 posts
8,126 battles

So far I own none of them I am planning to get either a tier ix or tier x ship with the coal I am gathering. The prices seem so close to each other. Tier X ships are stronger but I don't have premium account always so I might consider getting a tier IX if they earn more credits. I realized that tier IX coal ships have premium gold symbol whereas teir X ships don't. Does this mean tier IXs earn more ? I am getting either tier IX jeanbart or X tuhnderer.

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles

IX premium ships have a 'baked in' credit multiplier - so technically earn more credits. 

X premiums are similar to a normal Tier X with permanent camo on - so they can make money and usually do fairly consistently. They just don't make quite so much as a IX premium.

Note that not all IXs are equal - it'll be harder to earn lots of cash with a Friesland than a Jean Bart for example - simply due to the amount of damage a BB can do compared to an all-gun DD. I'd personally go for the Jean Bart if that takes your fancy - Georgia is another fun option.

• Cool 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

Coal ships do not seem noticably more powerful then tech tree ships either. Steel ships however.....you can only hope they are poorly operated.

I did see a lot of poorly operated steel ships in Fourteenth Season Ranked....noticed that because i am very aware of their potential power. Made me wonder since these are much harder to obtain and practially need you to play clan battles and such.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,688 posts
20,957 battles

Frankly? Pick a ship you'd enjoy playing. Any premium ship makes a good amount of credits over time, forcing yourself to play a ship you hate just to earn credits on the other hand gets old quickly.

• Cool 12

Players
10,314 posts
12,044 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Frankly? Pick a ship you'd enjoy playing. Any premium ship makes a good amount of credits over time, forcing yourself to play a ship you hate just to earn credits on the other hand gets old quickly.

This.

Look for gameplay you'd want, not "x ship can gain bit more credits"

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,620 posts
6,068 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

A ship you do well in also helps (note the two are not neccessarily mutually exclusive)

[R3B3L]
Players
1,216 posts
31,898 battles

Barev!

6 hours ago, D7v said:

I am getting either tier IX jeanbart or X tuhnderer.

Your most played ships are cruisers and you do well in them. Are you planning to get a BB just for the sake of income?

In my experience, the thing that is most fun works best.

Over time I earned more credits with Salem than with Missouri (best money-printer in-game).

Simply because i prefer the cruiser-gameplay over BBs, so the Missouri rots in port.

But anyway you decide, both BBs you mentioned are good ships and are recommended.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
7,905 posts
40,290 battles

T10 coal/steel isn't premium , it earns as much as regular T10 with 5k dubloon camo. 

T9 are considered premiums and the best earning premiums. 

[THESO]
Players
7,905 posts
40,290 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Though he'll do way more credits playing the Azuma over Yoshino (almost same gameplay) or in Missouri vs Ohio. 

[SV]
Players
1,315 posts
15,598 battles

best money maker i have is my graff zeppeline with that cammo that we who bought here before she was removed again got. easy 800k without flags !

[SV]
Players
1,315 posts
15,598 battles
Just now, MacArthur92 said:

Though he'll do way more credits playing the Azuma over Yoshino (almost same gameplay) or in Missouri vs Ohio. 

you should compare georgia to ohio since they are almost the exakt same playstyle (exakt same guns no ?) exept 1 turret less on georgia

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,973 posts
13,454 battles
22 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

it seems its easier to earn money in my enterprise than my massa choo

thats a very useful comment on the OPs question

Players
449 posts
1 hour ago, kfa said:

thats a very useful comment on the OPs question

well it wasnt really on OPs question,i just threw the info out there. Carriers seem to earn more cash

[-ITU-]
Players
537 posts
8,126 battles
13 hours ago, VIadoCro said:

Barev!

Your most played ships are cruisers and you do well in them. Are you planning to get a BB just for the sake of income?

Barev bro thanks for the advise how do you know that I play better with cruisers ? Where did you get that info ? I am considering Azuma and Yoshino too instead of BBs. I was surprised by this info.

19 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

This is a great advise thanks. Probably in the end I will be playing that ship more and earning more creds.

[THESO]
Players
7,905 posts
40,290 battles
14 hours ago, albin322 said:

you should compare georgia to ohio since they are almost the exakt same playstyle (exakt same guns no ?) exept 1 turret less on georgia

Yeah. 

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

Problem is ofc what does not work for others may work for you, so general advice may not apply.

You must indentify what a ship has and what modules and captain skills will strenghten that. And then adapt your play to fit these strenghts.

If players state a ship is "crap" just play it the way they want that class to play, and ofcourse it then it fails when not designed ( by WG ) to play  that way.

I am strggeling with ( the to be OP considered ) Belfast just because of that.....i just can't get used to it not having torpedo's ( using the Edinburgh and Fiji too )  and press 3 match after match in hairy situations....to discover i dont have them and lose that fight.....

• Cool 1

[-ITU-]
Players
537 posts
8,126 battles
1 minute ago, Beastofwar said:

Problem is ofc what does not work for others may work for you, so general advice may not apply.

You must indentify what a ship has and what modules and captain skills will strenghten that. And then adapt your play to fit these strenghts.

If players state a ship is "crap" just play it the way they want that class to play, and ofcourse it then it fails when not designed ( by WG ) to play  that way.

I agree. My favorite battleship used to be Gneisenau. People called that ship crap that time I think I was performing pretty decent with it. On the contrary it was very good for me and I cant imagine how good it is now after buff.

• Cool 1

Players
1,176 posts
24,508 battles

Smolensk, Stalingrad, Jean Bart are the ones I frequently use for credits. They are fun to play, have good credit earning and cheap maintenance. You can use a doubloon skin on a t9-10 ship for similar results of that is what you like, but it will not have the 50% cheaper repair.

[-TCP-]
Players
234 posts
7,058 battles

Georgia is a damned fine ship, you can play a long range with secondary fit. Not many barrels but they are damage dealers. I'm happy to take it to T10 matches.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,213 posts
9,841 battles
9 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

and ofcourse it then it fails when not designed ( by WG ) to play  that way.

You think WG thinks/knows how ships are supposed to be played? It rather feels, they dont have a clear clue what a ship can/cant do based upon the stats they give them.

Look at Ohio and Thunderer. Both of them were in testing the same time. First, Ohio was much stronger than Thunderer, because it had better dispersion and reload. Then they switched both around, and now Thunderer is better because it has more consistent dispersion. And why did that happen in the first place? They used Georgia for Ohio balancing, and Conqueror for Thunderer balancing. Conqueror with 457s was bad, but they just made a copy of that ship and called it thunderer.

The 2nd factor is powercreep over time. While Conqueror was released a while ago, Georgia is not that old. Back when Conqueror was released, we didnt have as many ships we have now (also most of them werent as "unabalanced").

So 2 options:

- They have no idea what they are doing

- They do have an idea and they do it deliberatly for certain reasons.

Looks the same way, but outcome might be different for WG.

Another example are CVs: I dont think they have had any clue (they migh have now) what kinda impact CVs can have if played to the absolute maximum. Only because you design/make a game, doesnt mean you are actually good enough to play it to the maximum. They might be on a level, where they cant properly dodge flak, so it seems more balanced to them.