You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Christmas in the Navy

28 comments in this topic

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,143 posts
28,464 battles

It would have been nice to see Xmas images from the rest of the worlds Navies too. but thx for sharing.

[HOO]
Beta Tester
682 posts
6,242 battles
59 minutes ago, pfcremus said:

you are 6 days late, you dumb crap

Better 6 days late than a lifetime of insolence.

• Cool 2

[P-W-C]
Players
6,581 posts
31,160 battles
1 hour ago, pfcremus said:

Well it's Russian company so they don't celebrate Christmas on 24th... For them Christmas is on 6th of January.

• Cool 3

Players
2,623 posts
51 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

Well it's Russian company so they don't celebrate Christmas on 24th... For them Christmas is on 6th of January.

They used to lag centuries behind the west, now they've narrowed it down to only about 14 days. Good show! :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 5

[WTXIT]
Players
7 posts
17,146 battles
52 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

But then it is totaly wrong!!
Did you see how tirred the sailers on first picture looked. Is like us trying to make those damn directives. And knowing your progress just leave to even more impossible ones.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[AJX]
Beta Tester
45 posts
20,391 battles

My father's Cousin Wilfred served as a Royal Marine on Royal Navy ships between 1930 to 1940 before becoming a Royal Marine Commando.

Here are the locations of his Christmases on Royal Navy Ships away from UK home ports. 

1935 HMS Dragon (D Class Cruiser) at sea heading to South America - He crossed the line for the first time on the 29th at position 37o 53’ West. 

1936 HMS Dragon at the Naval base in Bermuda 

1938 HMS Ajax (Leander Class Cruiser) at Puerto Montt in Chile 

1939 HMS Ajax recovering from leg wounds in Port Stanley in The Falkland Islands ( A rare sunny day)

In 1943 Wilfred now a Sergeant in 40 Commando spends Christmas in 94th General Hospital in Algiers, Algeria after being evacuated injured, mentally and physically, from Italy after surviving 3 or possibly 4 beach assaults. 

• Cool 6

Players
143 posts
10,726 battles
2 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

So I think they should made that post on Russian site , people in civilized countries celebrated xmass 24.12...

• Bad 2

Players
143 posts
10,726 battles
21 minutes ago, Admiral_Bing said:

My father's Cousin Wilfred served as a Royal Marine on Royal Navy ships between 1930 to 1940 before becoming a Royal Marine Commando.

Here are the locations of his Christmases on Royal Navy Ships away from UK home ports. 

1935 HMS Dragon (D Class Cruiser) at sea heading to South America - He crossed the line for the first time on the 29th at position 37o 53’ West. 

1936 HMS Dragon at the Naval base in Bermuda 

1938 HMS Ajax (Leander Class Cruiser) at Puerto Montt in Chile 

1939 HMS Ajax recovering from leg wounds in Port Stanley in The Falkland Islands ( A rare sunny day)

In 1943 Wilfred now a Sergeant in 40 Commando spends Christmas in 94th General Hospital in Algiers, Algeria after being evacuated injured, mentally and physically, from Italy after surviving 3 or possibly 4 beach assaults. 

HMS Dragon have served in Polish navy as ORP Drogon 1943-44 , and got scuttled assisting in Operation Overlord , later replaced by other D class cruiser HMS Conrad/ORP Conrad , those was 2 of 3 cruisers ever served in Polish navy .(first was ORP Baltyk)   

• Cool 2

[SPWAR]
[SPWAR]
Players
123 posts
2,321 battles
34 minutes ago, Wicket_Boomber said:

So I think they should made that post on Russian site , people in civilized countries celebrated xmass 24.12...

in many civilized countries they don't celebrate Christmas and in others they haven't 2020...

maybe u think civilized world the Christian countries...

Players
143 posts
10,726 battles
5 hours ago, Agis_D said:

in many civilized countries they don't celebrate Christmas and in others they haven't 2020...

maybe u think civilized world the Christian countries...

All countries have 2020 even muslim ones , otherwise they could not made any business , face it world is ruled by Christian celebrations , with civilizied countries dont celebrate Christmass ? Japan ? , North Korea ? they celebrate that time in their way , you will feel chritmas spirit living in Tokyo or bigger Japanise city (I have spended christmas 2009 in Yokohama ,and I had no problem to buy chritmas tree , and I have been on Christmas mass in Secred heart Cathedral) , so please name civilizied countries that dont celebrate Christmass !

(BTW coutries that dont respect human right are NOT civilized!)   

• Cool 1

[SPWAR]
[SPWAR]
Players
123 posts
2,321 battles
10 hours ago, Wicket_Boomber said:

All countries have 2020 even muslim ones , otherwise they could not made any business , face it world is ruled by Christian celebrations , with civilizied countries dont celebrate Christmass ? Japan ? , North Korea ? they celebrate that time in their way , you will feel chritmas spirit living in Tokyo or bigger Japanise city (I have spended christmas 2009 in Yokohama ,and I had no problem to buy chritmas tree , and I have been on Christmas mass in Secred heart Cathedral) , so please name civilizied countries that dont celebrate Christmass !

(BTW coutries that dont respect human right are NOT civilized!)   

I have never be outside of Europe (and I wish to be), but I know the Asia countries, who use lunar calendar, has new year at February. Ofc in those countries none stop u to celebrate Christmas. But it was new to me that there is Christmas spirit in Yokohama. Pls tell me if it is there because is a port, or the market in Tokyo, for example, follow the decoration of Europe and America? Like in many countries in Europe accept Halloween?

I know that in Istanbul they decorate for new year (but less those Erdogan days).

Players
143 posts
10,726 battles
6 hours ago, Agis_D said:

I have never be outside of Europe (and I wish to be), but I know the Asia countries, who use lunar calendar, has new year at February. Ofc in those countries none stop u to celebrate Christmas. But it was new to me that there is Christmas spirit in Yokohama. Pls tell me if it is there because is a port, or the market in Tokyo, for example, follow the decoration of Europe and America? Like in many countries in Europe accept Halloween?

I know that in Istanbul they decorate for new year (but less those Erdogan days).

In japan is like "Christmas popculture" , there are "few" Japanise Christians , but I saw people are Shinto or Buddhists but there are large number that buy christmas tree , eat dinner 24.12 watch Home alone movie  and give gifts . And about lunar calendar , word is - World Trade-  and you cant trade if you cant know exacly when "stuff" will be shipped or payment recived , so EVERY couty in the world in some way use Christian "calendar" in international trade.   

• Cool 1

[-SS1-]
Players
23 posts
13,480 battles
23 hours ago, Wicket_Boomber said:

Realy i live in Europe also but we dont celebrate Cristmass on 24 December but on 6,7,8 January so you practicly saying that countrys who dont celebrate 24 arent civilized? Nice way to go discriminator

Players
143 posts
10,726 battles
11 minutes ago, srbski_vuk said:

Realy i live in Europe also but we dont celebrate Cristmass on 24 December but on 6,7,8 January so you practicly saying that countrys who dont celebrate 24 arent civilized? Nice way to go discriminator

You have written that , if you feel inferior that is not my fault .

(BTW , I can write why I am right , but politics dont belong in that side , if you want to know my opinion , ask me in personal massage)

[-SS1-]
Players
23 posts
13,480 battles
Just now, Wicket_Boomber said:

You have written that , if you feel inferior that is not my fault .

(BTW , I can write why I am right , but politics dont belong in that side , if you want to know my opinion , ask me in personal massage)

You just avoiding question so you can look smart i didnt talk about politics its your imagination for that and you should think first before writhing somenthing stupid.

Players
143 posts
10,726 battles
3 hours ago, srbski_vuk said:

You just avoiding question so you can look smart i didnt talk about politics its your imagination for that and you should think first before writhing somenthing stupid.

Well you writed a loot of stupid things in your post , because if you was smart , you would know that you can banned for poitics in posts , and to answer on your post I need to go "political" , therefore is smart writting private massages , if you are smart you will continue that conversation off that post...

• Cool 1

[SRW]
Players
1,879 posts
7,895 battles

@Wicket_Boomber you started insulting and talking BS so I'd strongly suggest you to stop. 

You're the one who talked about politics, religion and other stuff which is prohibited and deserve a warning/ban.

I won't go into details because they don't belong on these forums, just think twice before posting next time.

Cheers.

• Cool 2

Players
143 posts
10,726 battles
10 hours ago, Palubarac said:

@Wicket_Boomber you started insulting and talking BS so I'd strongly suggest you to stop. 

You're the one who talked about politics, religion and other stuff which is prohibited and deserve a warning/ban.

I won't go into details because they don't belong on these forums, just think twice before posting next time.

Cheers.

WG post "Christams in Navy" is about Christmass and that is religion , so what you have writen is not smart...

[SRW]
Players
1,879 posts
7,895 battles
4 minutes ago, Wicket_Boomber said:

WG post "Christams in Navy" is about Christmass and that is religion , so what you have writen is not smart...

Seems like it's useless and a waste of time discussing anything with you. I gave you an advise - take it or ignore it. Bye.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ROPS]
Players
83 posts
6,160 battles
On 12/31/2019 at 6:20 PM, Wicket_Boomber said:

"dumb crap" ... can you explane what you had on your mind ?

i wanted to say sh.it, but it got changed

[-MCD-]
Players
34 posts
6,960 battles
On 12/31/2019 at 2:10 PM, pfcremus said:

:cap_haloween:

Greatest reply of the year!!! 

Congrats, mate! 

[-MCD-]
Players
34 posts
6,960 battles
On 12/31/2019 at 5:20 PM, Wicket_Boomber said:

"dumb crap" ... can you explane what you had on your mind ?

It doesn't matter, mate! He just expressed his feelings after seeing the news.