Ubarad

Midway

8 comments in this topic

[OCTO]
Players
72 posts
4,953 battles

What's the catch with the Midway?  The rocket planes and DBs seem identical to the Lexington and don't do any more damage and the TBs are just abysmal with their long arm time and slow speed.  I feel like a Lexington can do exactly the same thing in a tier 10 match.  Also, I am losing huge money every loss and gaining like 2-30k with every win using standard credit flag and -10% repair flag and premium time.  i.e. A 90k damage steamroll loss nets me like -50k credits, what's the catch?  No other ship does that.  

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,201 posts
9,975 battles

This is coming from a Midway noob at the moment:

- Rocket planes with TiTs fire more rockets per run so the damage is greater.

- DBs do more damage, have more HP and have much better HE pen.

- Torpedo bombers do slightly less damage per torp, but you throw out more of them and again your planes are tankier. Can't check the armtime right now but I don't remember it being bad. Also all your planes are slightly faster.

The money loss, well that is tier 10 in a nutshell for you. Unless you do large amounts of damage or kills/spotting and everything you will loose money. Premium account can keep you afloat a but if you don't perform well (and make you break even when doing average) but without premium you need above average results constantly to break even at tier 10.

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
72 posts
4,953 battles

I get what you are saying, I exaggerate, but the planes are like a 0.5 tier upgrade over Lexington.  It's like Enterprise level.  i.e.  I just had a 1k exp win and received -47k credits with flags.  Conversely on my Graf Zepplin I can perform the same and make 200-300k or I can play any of my tier 10s like Haragumo or Replublique and make 300-400k credits with a 1k exp win. 

[LEEUW]
Players
45 posts
5,555 battles

Tier for tier, Lexington is better than Midway.

But Midway is a very powerful aircraft carrier. Her torps and bombs are really underrated with insane alpha damage and great DOT potential.

Regarding credits income, if you don't have the permacamo and no premium time you'll probably lose money. Add either of those and you'll probably break even (in my experience) add both and you'll consistently make money.

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
72 posts
4,953 battles
On 1/3/2020 at 1:54 PM, _NLForces_ said:

Tier for tier, Lexington is better than Midway.

But Midway is a very powerful aircraft carrier. Her torps and bombs are really underrated with insane alpha damage and great DOT potential.

Regarding credits income, if you don't have the permacamo and no premium time you'll probably lose money. Add either of those and you'll probably break even (in my experience) add both and you'll consistently make money.

This was EXACTLY the issue.  A normal performance win would net -50k credits before the perma-camo.  After the perma camo I was making +200k on a normal win.  Clearly there's something wrong in that code.  -10-20% repair costs is not 250,000 credits.   

Players
10,334 posts
12,044 battles
On 1/7/2020 at 11:32 PM, Ubarad said:

This was EXACTLY the issue.  A normal performance win would net -50k credits before the perma-camo.  After the perma camo I was making +200k on a normal win.  Clearly there's something wrong in that code.  -10-20% repair costs is not 250,000 credits.   

Premium camo gives also +20% extra credits on top of halving maintenance.

And performance wise, 0.8.7 buffed T8 carriers and (relatively) nerfed T10 ones, making progression almost questionable. But then Midway got buff for TB, making long aiming time kinda worth it

Players
3,538 posts

People have reacted in horror when I have said the Midway in my eyes is not that good, and the thing that gets me is the torpedo spread, if they could bring that in a bit it would be ok, if there is any tier 10 CV i prefer it is the Audacious, since they canned the Hakuru 4 torp launch, I canned the ship, tricky ship to get on with the Midway.

Just my humble opinion ofc