You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Season’s Greetings from the World of Warships Team

36 comments in this topic

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,143 posts
28,464 battles

A Happy & Prosperous 2020 to everyone. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
741 posts
10,655 battles

Captains!

Another year has come and gone, and the World of Warships fleet has swelled and is sailing strong! As we do every December, we’d like to take a moment to wish you—our players—a happy holiday season in the company of your loved ones, and to thank you for the countless action-packed battles we’ve fought together throughout the outgoing year. Without you to command history’s mightiest warships, our game would merely be a calm sea dotted with tranquil islands!

2019 saw us take to the skies from British aircraft carriers, set new water speed records aboard French destroyers, fight off fuel-hungry bandits in the grim world of the Post Apocalypse, and welcome a new nation—Europe—to the Tech Tree, amongst other things! We hope that you’ve enjoyed every moment of it as we have, and hope to meet you again in 2020, either on—or beneath—the high seas!

No, annus horribilis.

I quit between March and June, and what I've seen since isn't filling the optimism bar.

CV rework a disaster

SAP a disaster

Soviet Battleships a disaster

PR a disaster

This time last year I was enjoying the game, even with the PEF grind, and the game felt balanced. Now it feels that the game is being torn apart by idiotic marketing decisions, and adding submarines is going to effectively kill the game I used to love.

We also have British Heavy Cruisers coming soon, and I should be excited for this, but again that has already been poisoned by having ships at the wrong natural tiers, ignoring famous ships, and too many fantasy ships.

I hope 2020 turns out well, I really do.

• Cool 2

[SPWAR]
[SPWAR]
Players
123 posts
2,321 battles

health and wealth!!!!

• Cool 1

[SPWAR]
[SPWAR]
Players
123 posts
2,321 battles
1 minute ago, DanSilverwing said:

No, annus horribilis.

I quit between March and June, and what I've seen since isn't filling the optimism bar.

CV rework a disaster

SAP a disaster

Soviet Battleships a disaster

PR a disaster

This time last year I was enjoying the game, even with the PEF grind, and the game felt balanced. Now it feels that the game is being torn apart by idiotic marketing decisions, and adding submarines is going to effectively kill the game I used to love.

We also have British Heavy Cruisers coming soon, and I should be excited for this, but again that has already been poisoned by having ships at the wrong natural tiers, ignoring famous ships, and too many fantasy ships.

don't be very optimist...

• Cool 1

Players
36 posts
4,632 battles

I sincerely wish you lovely guys at WG that you understand the "less is more" rule. You can actually turn huge profits if you give up the high-margin scheme and open up easier completion options for higher tiers for players who are with you for YEARS and yet still didn't have the time to get even t.IX ships. You can always add some specialized / unique t.XI-XII ships for a rare treat but if you remember the way Diablo II went... well... you could relatively easy grind and trade top-tier items, and have a blast running around with an enigmatic ham[edited]in in a couple of weeks. In WoWS it takes months, so you're faaaar ahead the profitability curve. 

And some ideas:

+ torpedo/shell duds

+ high waves with their effect on aiming and torp depth

+ mines / minelayers / minesweepers

+ limited ammunition magazines in ranked

+ better damage visualisations (check out historical photos)

+ limited kamikaze option as a consumable replacing fighter planes for japanese carriers

+ more random and realistic ramming damage 

+ "What shall we do with the drunken sailor" mode

-- "write-a-stanza" community contest for 100-200 new stanzas of the shantie to be recorded a'capella and played randomly in the game during the mode (your sound tech guys will know how to loop them)

-- one player vs the rest demolition derby

-- one player has a 1 mil HP fast unarmed boat and runs away from the rest, being blown up into smithereens, dropping loot; the one player has to reach home (port). 

-- all other players receive full damage from friendly ramming

-- an a'capella shantie plays in the background in a pattern: ([random stanza]+[chorus])*200

• Funny 2

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,648 posts
7,763 battles

Yup...."jinglyjoy" gives you 1 shipbuilding container and 3 small santa containers

• Funny 2

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
252 posts
5,893 battles

Individually, happy new year and best wishes for 2020 to all the team.

Collectively though, you guys need to think things through a bit more...

- CV rework

- idiotic Russian BB line

- Italian cruiser waste of internet

- appalling PR and comms from certain employees/affiliates

- Puerto Rico paywall dressed up as 'achievable directives'

- server issues

And compounding that, the death by a thousand cuts like Exeter nerf to make it fit at Tier V, British BB Citadel nerf that affects the whole line, German BB accuracy buff that doesn't affect the whole line, entirely illogical premium ship releases (Poltava that nobody's bought... VU for a line that will never exist... but Illustrious remains unavailable... etc)

• Cool 1

[HOO]
3,240 posts
10 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Yup...."jinglyjoy" gives you 1 shipbuilding container and 3 small santa containers

On the Asian server, they give 3 Mega-containers... server-harmonisation gone again?

Players
625 posts
2,129 battles

Truly a Wargaming message to say 'Happy New Year' and remind us of submarines in the same breath.

Beta Tester
16 posts
5,536 battles

Just like to say thank you for the past year and the work you all do at WOW, wishing you all a merry Christmas and a prosperous new year ATB SNAFU.......

• Cool 1

Players
36 posts
4,632 battles

One more idea... For people consistently wronged by the RNG gods... you really could check who never gets rewards and send a guaranteed Jinx Container their way with something they never get...

Like for example I never got anything... ANYTHING from this X-mas containers. Apart from the fact that now I'm sitting on a sheytload of +commanderXP signals. Oooooh well, I got the huge premium early December but it just turned out that I couldn't play almost the whole time...

[W-C]
2,648 posts
7,763 battles
47 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

On the Asian server, they give 3 Mega-containers... server-harmonisation gone again?

Wait really? Figures

Players
68 posts
185 battles
3 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Wait really? Figures

52 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

EU server is their CASH MILKING SERVICE, never expect good freebies, always going to be lowest of the low, the least they can give away.....Ghengis Khan is credited with saying "you can kill a goat only once but milk it many times"...….We are the goats, just waiting to be milked. In the end Free is Free and not gonna complain much about that, but I keep my expectations real real low with WG and that way disappointment is kept to a minimum.

• Cool 1

Players
2,623 posts
1 hour ago, DanSilverwing said:

That's what people said at New Year 1917 too!

Happy New Year!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SRW]
Players
1,879 posts
7,895 battles

Please keep Boyarski away from cameras and microphones, he is better kept hidden from public.

Happy New Year!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1