You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

0.8.11.1, Ranked Sprint: Tier VIII Duels

141 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
6,629 battles
2 hours ago, pipa2016_steel said:

Hello!

A short statement….never saw a game with so many cheats. How come a dd doesn´t torp? or takes 20 secs to reload? and a charles martell reaches 45 knots? About the rewards someone was complaining, well thats the WG idea of their gifts to their costumers. We get what we deserve, a crappy game from a crappy "company" with crappy clientes, myself included.Cant wish a Happy New Year, it wont be if we keep playing this game...

There are no cheats here. Have you ever heard of torpedo reload buster? You can have it for example on kagero (instead of smoke) and your reload time is 8 sec then... Just saying. 

• Cool 1

[SRW]
Players
1,941 posts
7,960 battles

I'm either incredibly bad or incredibly unlucky.

With Amalfi, I faced BBs most of the time and I couldn't do crap about them. Even when I hit them with multiple torps, hit them with SAP in the meantime I still don't take even half HP of a ship like Tirpitz, Bismark or any other T8 BB. Then out of desperation I ram but it's not a draw because they still survive the ramming.

Then I tried CV (even though I hate them and don't have the slightest clue how to play them) and it was a total disaster. When faced a GZ, she destroyed me with secondaries more than all of my torps or anything else I'd use. Then I faced Benson and thought I will win with I've no freakin' idea what her concealment is but by the looks of it, it was like less than 3km or something. There was absolutely no way I could do anything. Whenever I spot her, it's already too late to drop so I have to make a circle but while doing that, she becomes undetected again. 

Total disaster and TBH I wasn't pissed at the game so much in while now.

I don't blame WG for this [edited] idea, I blame myself for wasting my time on it.

[BGNAV]
Players
14 posts
6,842 battles

The game mode is fun and the battles goes fast one after another. Ze Germans own this season since all of them are brawling ships, as well as Atago. It is quite sad to face a CV however in anything other than another CV :) 

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
105 posts
2,107 battles

2 Many Tirpitzes in my oppinion. I met one that didn't want to use torps though. The mode is fun, but the sheer number of Tirpitzes is annoying when you are playing a bismarck. BTW seems to me that Lenin is a better brawler than bismarck... It is great for learning angling ships though, so all in all it's not bad. Also it seems it is heavily weighted so you get the same class as your ship even if it is random to some extent. 

• Cool 1

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Players
61 posts
17,494 battles

I thought it was fun, I played most of my games in the Massachusetts, i didn't face a CV once. I only lost when I stupidly allowed myself to get torped by a Tirpitz. If I came up against  Destroyer or a cruiser, they didn't stand much of a chance.

It was fun, a nice change of pace, but obviously flawed.

Players
1,459 posts
13,714 battles

So I've played a few in an Enteprise, which illustrates the fail that is the CV rework well. I lost one to a smoked up edin in the cap (on points), as I was dumb enough to not go for AP bombers roght from the start. The next time I encountered one I fixed that mistake.

Anything without smoke doesn't really have a chance. I had an Irian that basicaly just parked and said "ok you win" when he saw he was facing an Enterprise.

WG, adding to the list of things you never should have done, allowing CV's in this mode. There is no other ship class that can survive being the focus of a CV. Not sure what's the point of this 1v1 season with CV allowed...

Players
143 posts
10,726 battles
5 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

For every CV unicum there are 10 cloud catchers, therefore CVs are balans. /s

CVisbalans.thumb.png.c093f53c1955143a441adaaa4c21944f.png

Graff Zzzz is Only CV that is worthy that ranked , even when you dodge some planes , when in range of secondaries , you are screwed.

[FISHR]
[FISHR]
Players
16 posts
5,833 battles

This Ranked is great, so you can no longer blame teammates or other things. Just the pure PVP mode i like that.

But on the other hand it is great you can grind the directives, and than i find out that it is only possible for the XP grind and not for the secondary missions or sinking ships.

Not able to complete the missions/directives in a single gamemode makes me crazy, why? Wargaming why? 

This makes me verry sad and angry that everything is behind a pay/grindwall.

Also the rewards are very very very crap, its more like a slap in the face like: "here some more crap, HAHA, stupid player".

Please Wargaming fix your stupidnes, this will drive the players crazy, havent you learnd from the past?

But yeah, Wargaming what does it matter anyway, they can't or will not listen to players.

That will make the game dead, its that simple.

thanks

• Cool 3

[USS-M]
Players
4 posts
30,047 battles

I personally, what I see worse, is that based on premium ships they are making historic ships increasingly insignificant, and I frankly started playing in 2016 for Yamato, Gneisenau, Bismarck, and instead those ships are now surpassed by premium, which have the ability to skid on curves and ABS brakes.

• Cool 1

[LUSOS]
[LUSOS]
Players
208 posts
15,195 battles
On 12/27/2019 at 12:55 PM, Killroy67 said:

If it is WG that is letting you have a nice holliday THEN YOU SHOULD SEEK HELP 

If you kiss my [edited]as well as you kiss WG's, I'll save a lot of toilet paper.

[BO0BS]
Players
2 posts
5,726 battles

Played all Morning

- Some Eddi (killed a CV with it BTW :Smile_great:) and some Tirpitz B  :Smile_hiding:

- Love the 1:1

- Love The differnce in playstyles needed for the different oponents

- Love that I am the only one to blame when a game is lost

[LUSOS]
[LUSOS]
Players
208 posts
15,195 battles
On 12/26/2019 at 6:57 PM, L8viathan said:

Too much complaining and mimimimi here. You are forgetting the fact that this type of rank mode is for fun only. Nothing competitive here. It is the opposite of regular ranked seasons. Free flags&coal. If you think it is not fun, don’t play it. I just don’t get the whining...

I agree with you, I had a lot of fun in this game:

image.thumb.png.57d0e5d86584496f34dce7e80018a7a9.png

Its a lot of fun when i dont even get to see my opponent. What's the point of having no chances to win?

I dodged, i killed 25 planes - I even did more dmg to planes than the dmg i received. But its a lot of fun, yes, when you have the lottery of knowing you wont win because there's nothing one can do but expect the opponent is a total noob.

638450698_SemTtulo.thumb.png.4f5e028d28ad42c66acd08b792865f8b.png

• Cool 1

Players
2,652 posts
14 minutes ago, Dan_VP said:

I met a lot of french DD's while GZ. They like to suffer, I think.

Maybe MM thinks Gorizia is an oversized DD.:Smile_hiding:

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
938 posts
20,235 battles

I liked this sprint, the rewards could have been better though.  Helped me finish missions for the PR grind.

Players
343 posts
26,474 battles
2 hours ago, powerverde said:

Its a lot of fun when i dont even get to see my opponent. What's the point of having no chances to win?

I dodged, i killed 25 planes - I even did more dmg to planes than the dmg i received. But its a lot of fun, yes, when you have the lottery of knowing you wont win because there's nothing one can do but expect the opponent is a total noob.

Okay, then don’t play this mode of ranked if you think it is not fun. Why all the drama and whining?

• Cool 3

[KWM]
Players
55 posts

Really enjoyable, no-one to blame if you lose, players generally polite, but re-enforces how much CVs don't belong in this game. Interesting dynamic with DD v BB, DD v CL, BB v CL etc, but anything v CV is so one-sided it's ridiculous.

[U-W]
Players
180 posts
7,681 battles
On 12/25/2019 at 2:00 PM, The_EURL_Guy said:

A new Ranked Sprint with Tier VIII ships in a one-on-one format. Join the race for credits, signals, and Coal!

Read it on the portal

WOW what a master piece WG this sprint. And your Mission Maker for this sprint realy does work great. I just had to fight a Tripitz with a Cleveland. WOWS does know how to make a nice battle. Its did take some time but WG and the update did pay off in the end. A tirpitz against a Cleveland cruiser. A DD would have had no change with her torpedo's but the cleveland with her big guns sure does.

Wake up 

[U-W]
Players
180 posts
7,681 battles
5 hours ago, powerverde said:

I AGREE LET OTHERS TELL YOU WHAT YOU NEED TO SEE AS FUN. DONT DARE TO GIVE YOUR OPINION THATS NOT FUN FOR THE A.. KISSERS

• Cool 1