Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ho_teL

Damage Control party vs Heal party

5 comments in this topic

[D4MES]
Players
292 posts
16,662 battles

I was wondering which you should use more. I know it depends on the moment. Like don't use any of them if you have one or two fires.

But I tend to use the heal party when I'm lit with three flames or got two and am reaching below 30% health. Is this a miss use of heal party or not? I tend to reserve my DC for potential torps that just seem to hit me when I'm already set ablaze and disabled guns/torpedo launchers. 

[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

DCP:

- 1 fire basicly never, unless i know i will be safe for the next 1~1,5 mins or when im low HP. Sometimes early game you might get an unlucky longrange fire from a BB slinging HE, i often DCP those. Or if i can/have to get undetected if i extinguish that 1 fire, then ill do it too.

- 2 fire almost guaranteed except i play something like Nelson with monster heal

- 3 Fire every time

- 4 fires dont exist for me :Smile_trollface:

- Flooding 99% right away, unless there is a high chance to get more floods/fires before i get to cover.

- Main turrets almost never, unless i need to get the shot of

- Torps, can happen if unlucky secondary hit disables them while you want to launch ~~

- Engine/Rudder: Everytime if i dont have last stand. With LS depends on situation, but often too.

Heal:

Everytime i get enough value out of it. Or if im weak and i cant heal more due to taking torps/citadels, then ill just use it aswell.

Talking mostly BBs here.

Russian BBs are special case because of their limited amount of DCPs. ill use them in a way, that i wont run out of heals but still have DCPs left. I might let fires burn till i use 2-3 heals, after that ill also DCP 1 fire.

• Cool 4

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,441 posts
23,343 battles

I like to wait with the heal until I'm about to get hit to get the most of it. Try to have one of the two ready at all times. If you burn down often it's most likely due to bad positioning / over-extending.

Watch your replays, the minimap in particular and try to figure out what you could have done better. Were you too close to too many enemies? Were you in a cross-fire? Did you have an escape ready (island or far enough to go dark after dcp)? Did you try to push when it was impossible / too early?

[JRM]
Players
8,614 posts

Well IDK if i have some really set of rules for myself here, but in general:

DCP

1 fire - basically only if I went in cover in the meanwhile, are very low on HP or I am disengaging and I am still visible to enemy only because of burning

2 fires - same as with 1 fire on ships with heal, on others I DCP them ASAP

3 fires - always if available at that time

Floods - I use it ASAP unless under focus (hate the slowdown) sometimes I will llet them run out though ie if there is big chance to get lit or flooded again (ie focused by cv)

Engines & rudder - only if I am in a hurry to get away from my position

Guns - basically never unless I really really want to fire at someone ASAP

Heal - I use it when HP get in red every time, sometimes in lower yellow or after big fires and floods, sometimes I use it way before that if I know I will be entering an unfavorable position soon (after the cooldown time of the consumable runs out) and want all the HP i can get

Sometimes i use them differently as well for whatever a reason though...

• Cool 1

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles

They are two different consumables with different rules.

On anything with a heal, don't use DCP on single fires unless that fire will kill you. If in a DD or cruiser, you sometimes want to fix a fire when retreating so you can go dark sooner. There's exceptions to every rule. Sometimes you can just guarantee that when you go dark nobody will be able to shoot you for a while - it's rare, but when you are absolutely sure there's no reason to let even a single fire burn, but that's the exception rather than a rule. It's hard to generalize, as you should optimally use it depending on the situation. Example, say a CV gets a flooding on my BB - I might not fix it immediately if he can still do another drop (or two) or there's a nearby DD that probably torped me too and I can't guarantee I won't take one. Otherwise I'd probably just fix a flood immediately.

With a heal, I often don't use it if not in imminent danger of being killed off to make use of AR-enabled DPM bonus. It's usage also depends greatly on the ship type you're in - a superheal should optimally be used differently than a normal one (you wait until you're really low, as long as it isn't citadel damage, then print yourself a new ship).

Sign in to follow this