Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nexio_

I'm really struggling with the Fuso, need advice

28 comments in this topic

[ATEEZ]
Players
34 posts
953 battles

I absolutely adored the Kongo. Decent speed for a BB, accurate and punchy guns and looks sexy. But now, I regret selling it in order to afford the Fuso. I really can't do a huge impact with the Fuso compared to Kongo. To me, it has American BB level speed, and whole lot of inaccurate guns that fly all over the place. I remember aiming at a broadside Pyotr and firing off several full salvos at it, but only getting measly couple pens and mostly overpens. I'd chalk it up to me aiming poorly, but everything seemed alright. Heck, I even have a hard time hitting citadels in this thing, while in the Kongo I once hit even 4 citadels. Any advice for the Fuso?

[XTREM]
Players
1,806 posts
14,064 battles

It's slower than Kongo but still faster than the US Dreadnoughts. Your guns are the same, but reload faster and turn faster too IIRC, not to mention you get more of them for a much heavier broadside. You also have better protection overall. 

As for accuracy, I recall having a different experience... I really couldn't complain, I thought it was fine. idk.

But, as always, you might have bad luck and your shells end up being ineffectual in what might otherwise have been a perfect shot. 

I don't really know of any special tips when it comes to Fuso, but it's true she is lacking in manoeuvrability compared to Kongo. Just keep it in mind when playing, because you'll have a harder time escaping from trouble if you make a mistake or overextend for instance. Kongo is a bit more forgiving in this regard relatively speaking thanks to her speed. 

But well, I haven't played Fuso in quite some time. Maybe others can be more useful. 

• Cool 1

Players
160 posts
3,696 battles

I'm using Aiming system mod 1+ stock fire control system on mine for better accuracy. 21km for a tier VI BB is overkill, and i'm not such a good shot. The stock range is plenty enough for me to work with. Got the dispersion down to 207m. Still feels extremely inaccurate at near max range. But which BB isn't? The amount of guns should help that if you throw enough poopoo at the wall, some of it will eventually stick.

Players
1,072 posts
9,621 battles
1 hour ago, Nexio_ said:

I absolutely adored the Kongo. Decent speed for a BB, accurate and punchy guns and looks sexy. But now, I regret selling it in order to afford the Fuso. I really can't do a huge impact with the Fuso compared to Kongo. To me, it has American BB level speed, and whole lot of inaccurate guns that fly all over the place. I remember aiming at a broadside Pyotr and firing off several full salvos at it, but only getting measly couple pens and mostly overpens. I'd chalk it up to me aiming poorly, but everything seemed alright. Heck, I even have a hard time hitting citadels in this thing, while in the Kongo I once hit even 4 citadels. Any advice for the Fuso?

Fuso is definitely the shot gun amongst its peers. You have twelve pellets though, I never had any problems with it . It can be a bit frustrating at times but it is easily one of my favourite battleships. You just shouldn't be mislead by the range, under 15km is where it starts to shine.

• Cool 1

[ATEEZ]
Players
34 posts
953 battles
53 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

It's slower than Kongo but still faster than the US Dreadnoughts. Your guns are the same, but reload faster and turn faster too IIRC, not to mention you get more of them for a much heavier broadside. You also have better protection overall. 

As for accuracy, I recall having a different experience... I really couldn't complain, I thought it was fine. idk.

But, as always, you might have bad luck and your shells end up being ineffectual in what might otherwise have been a perfect shot. 

I don't really know of any special tips when it comes to Fuso, but it's true she is lacking in manoeuvrability compared to Kongo. Just keep it in mind when playing, because you'll have a harder time escaping from trouble if you make a mistake or overextend for instance. Kongo is a bit more forgiving in this regard relatively speaking thanks to her speed. 

But well, I haven't played Fuso in quite some time. Maybe others can be more useful. 

Well, I just got my first ever Kraken with the Fuso. Who could've thought? ;p

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

Are you sure about better accuracy with stock fire control? Pretty sure it only changes the firing range. Dispersion value is measured at max range, so goes up as the range increases.

As for the fuso, its definitely slower than the Kongo, but the number of shells you can fire down range means it can delete cruisers with 1 salvo which is fun. Its still faster than the Americans.

Fuso also sets you up well for things the nagato and amagi. Both feel a bit cumbersome when moving about and broadside gets punished hard.

Players
6,610 posts
10,805 battles
7 minutes ago, Commander_Ericson said:

Are you sure about better accuracy with stock fire control? Pretty sure it only changes the firing range. Dispersion value is measured at max range, so goes up as the range increases. 

This is indeed the case and the reason, why after increasing the range, it displays a higher maximum dispersion. Its the same when you install the Artillery plotting room on US BBs.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,283 posts
9,089 battles
2 hours ago, Nexio_ said:

and whole lot of inaccurate guns that fly all over the place.

2 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

Fuso has much worse Sigma (1,5 ) compared to Kongo (1,8)

Sigma makes the shells go closer towards the center of your dispersion elipse. Thats why, it might feel less accurate, even tho it has more guns.

You will experience the same going from Nagato (2,0) to Amagi (1,8) while getting 2 more barrels. Nagato is really accurate imo, but Amagi feels shitty in comparision.

Players
10,094 posts
11,861 battles
1 hour ago, Dampfboot said:

Fuso is definitely the shot gun amongst its peers. You have twelve pellets though, I never had any problems with it . It can be a bit frustrating at times but it is easily one of my favourite battleships. You just shouldn't be mislead by the range, under 15km is where it starts to shine.

Of all tier 6 shotguns, Fuso is most reliable in battle I'd say. New Mexico suffers from usual flaws of standard battleships of Freedom variety, that is 20kts speed and being highly vulnerable to HE as well 380mm and bigger AP. Normandie, while packs unheard of 30kts of top speed with actually good handling, have absolutely atrocious firing arcs and AP performance leaves something to be desired when it comes to making holes in BB grade armor, same when it comes to withstanding punishment.

Fuso have workable 24kts, one of the best protected all around armor layouts, stopping most HE and overmatching AP, manageable firing arcs, the best reload and IJN dispersion, which still makes her the most consistent shotgun, also 21km range should green team do their best to protect A1 corner:cap_book:

[ATEEZ]
Players
34 posts
953 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Fuso has much worse Sigma (1,5 ) compared to Kongo (1,8)

Sigma makes the shells go closer towards the center of your dispersion elipse. Thats why, it might feel less accurate, even tho it has more guns.

You will experience the same going from Nagato (2,0) to Amagi (1,8) while getting 2 more barrels. Nagato is really accurate imo, but Amagi feels shitty in comparision.

Ah, so this means I should look forward to the Nagato, yeah? I heard it's been really powercrept, though. :/

Players
10,094 posts
11,861 battles
5 minutes ago, Nexio_ said:

Ah, so this means I should look forward to the Nagato, yeah? I heard it's been really powercrept, though. :/

Nagato is precise slug compared to Fuso buckshot. Which also means if your aim is off, RNGesus is less likely to guide shells for you.

And all tier 7 BBs are powercrept by SinOP, if you remove that example of glorious engineering tier 7 BBs are in roughly good spot in terms of balance except Colorado due to usual standard battleship suspects. On other hand, almost all tier 7 BBs suffer massively when uptiered due to glorious overmatch mechanics and "armor progression".

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,283 posts
9,089 battles
2 minutes ago, Nexio_ said:

Well, the guns are still great ofc. The biggest downside is the thin armor of Nagato all around. But some others suffer from bad armor aswell on T7 (Colorado, KGV, DOY). You dont want to go too close against a ship which can overmatch you (basicly every highertier, most T7s and few T6s even), so stay at range and keep moving so you can dodge incoming fire. Due to its accuracy, Nagato is good at dealing with Cruisers. After that, advancing is also easier, since Nagato is also pretty vulnerable to HE spam.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,641 posts
24,325 battles
2 hours ago, Nexio_ said:

she's a beast, my waifu, she is! ! but a diva as well... can take u out for some, pm me.

this my overall stats on her

6 Fusō   Fusō 6 Japan  439  64.01%  1 946    63 863   1.48   1.47 Details

[SHAFT]
Players
10,283 posts
9,089 battles
4 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

she's a beast, my waifu, she is! ! but a diva as well... can take u out for some, pm me.

this my overall stats on her

6 Fusō   Fusō 6 Japan  439  64.01%  1 946    63 863   1.48   1.47 Details

Wanna play mine for me? so we can see, if its me or my teammates being :etc_swear::Smile_smile:

image.thumb.png.56c2bdf2843ef3b9c794f44142bb862d.png

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,641 posts
24,325 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Wanna play mine for me? so we can see, if its me or my teammates being :etc_swear::Smile_smile:

image.thumb.png.56c2bdf2843ef3b9c794f44142bb862d.png

:Smile_veryhappy:.... my only 7 kills match ever yet i had on the fuso... it was a loss rofl...

as said, she's a diva. but one that can take on another fuso and a nagato, just f.e., and kite em both to death.

indeed, if ever asked to just keep one ship ingame, she's my answer :Smile_great:

btw: samplesize 23, gitgud n00b :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,660 posts
10,193 battles
12 minutes ago, Nexio_ said:

Look forward yes, but as a long term goal. I.e. no need to rush, as game doesn't get suddenly better by reaching higher tiers. Instead the battles will go better when you take time to learn the basics (of game overall and individual ships), and advance with small enough steps, which in return increases the overall enjoyment you get out of the game.

Nagato can still carry her own weight just fine. Gunnery wise you get powerful, accurate large caliber guns, so it will be in a sense return to Kongou, or at least you need to learn away from Fusou's shotgunnery so to say. Others above have adressed other points, so won't repeat all of that.

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
1,448 posts
16,091 battles
9 Fusō   Fusō 6 Japan 226 61.5% 1 440 51 494 1.05 1.15 Details

I am a real turkey when it comes to battleships - I get bored too quickly and make mistakes but Fuso was great fun! Just keep angling!

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
1,448 posts
16,091 battles

Just had a look at hit ratio - 22% the lowest I have in battleships bar the New York! 

However whilst going through my stats, can anyone beat a main battery hit ratio of 30%   -  in the Mikasa!!

[ATEEZ]
Players
34 posts
953 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Well, the guns are still great ofc. The biggest downside is the thin armor of Nagato all around. But some others suffer from bad armor aswell on T7 (Colorado, KGV, DOY). You dont want to go too close against a ship which can overmatch you (basicly every highertier, most T7s and few T6s even), so stay at range and keep moving so you can dodge incoming fire. Due to its accuracy, Nagato is good at dealing with Cruisers. After that, advancing is also easier, since Nagato is also pretty vulnerable to HE spam.

52 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

Look forward yes, but as a long term goal. I.e. no need to rush, as game doesn't get suddenly better by reaching higher tiers. Instead the battles will go better when you take time to learn the basics (of game overall and individual ships), and advance with small enough steps, which in return increases the overall enjoyment you get out of the game.

Nagato can still carry her own weight just fine. Gunnery wise you get powerful, accurate large caliber guns, so it will be in a sense return to Kongou, or at least you need to learn away from Fusou's shotgunnery so to say. Others above have adressed other points, so won't repeat all of that.

Thank you so much for valuable advice. How are the ships past the Nagato? Amagi I heard is pretty amazing, and Izumo I heard is a pretty huge stinker. And Yamato is the god damn Yamato, I see :D

[SHAFT]
Players
10,283 posts
9,089 battles
53 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

btw: samplesize 23, gitgud n00b :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:

I only have 9 ships with more than 100 battles :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
10,283 posts
9,089 battles
Just now, Nexio_ said:

Thank you so much for valuable advice. How are the ships past the Nagato? Amagi I heard is pretty amazing, and Izumo I heard is a pretty huge stinker. And Yamato is the god damn Yamato, I see :D

I personaly dont like Amagi.

image.thumb.png.a052db0ce98f1d6e9942356bbc96b579.png

Damagewise its not a bad BB compared to my others.  But most of the time it felt underwhelming, which also cost me some games (imo). I could get the results - but at that point, it was too late. While NC gets the result earlier and it takes the win because of that.

I would need to grind Izumo, so cant tell anything about it. But i love Musashi, so Yamato can only be better :Smile_playing:

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,641 posts
24,325 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I only have 9 ships with more than 100 battles :Smile_hiding:

i see, in those terms u're kind of a marblehead sealclub junkie eh? :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_great:.... /stopping offT ;)

• Funny 1

Players
6,610 posts
10,805 battles
53 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

can anyone beat a main battery hit ratio of 30%   -  in the Mikasa!!

I can - and ppl say she isnt accurate :)

image.thumb.png.d17a24cb15e9625343ae45ec8cdcdc3d.png

Ofc there are also guys around, that manage this:

image.thumb.png.591143e3393ec4f943abb7313211a892.png

[UA-NF]
Players
368 posts
6,745 battles

If you liked Congo, then on tier 6 you probably gonna enjoy Normandie the most. Fuso plays nothing like the Congo. Congo is very good at kiting away and holding retreating flank, Normandie too. Fuso is much more stationary, if you overextend, you don't get a second chance like in Congo.

[TACHA]
Players
1,448 posts
16,091 battles
39 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I can - and ppl say she isnt accurate :)

image.thumb.png.d17a24cb15e9625343ae45ec8cdcdc3d.png

Ofc there are also guys around, that manage this:

image.thumb.png.591143e3393ec4f943abb7313211a892.png

You misunderstood - I meant a main battery hit ratio in a Mikasa - the ship quoted as being unable to hit a barn from the inside!

My Bismark hit rate is 31% and have 35% in a couple of others - but 30% in a Mikasa!! Now I seem to remember some of the shots hitting things I was not aiming at but I would have guessed 15%

Unfortunately win rate pretty similar to hit rate!! :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this