Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Armorin

I got a medal!

22 comments in this topic

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,671 battles

My first chat ban, and not an automated one either! :Smile_medal:

Of course, I'm wondering how I managed to get it, so I've sent in a support ticket requesting that they enlighten me behind the reason so I can avoid such behaviour in the future.

On another note, it seems like you can still type in clan chat or PM other clan members now.

2019-12-18.png

• Cool 7

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,671 battles

Just an automated response and closing of the ticket. I'm really wondering what triggered this @Crysantos. Please PM me.

Hello Armorin,

Thank you for contacting Player Support.

Due to inappropriate behaviour in chat, a sanction has been applied to your World of Warships account.

We at Wargaming aim to provide our players with a pleasant and undisturbed game experience. Therefore, insults, personal attacks, abuse, or harassment are not tolerated on any level.

The sanction was applied by our semi-automated system that reviews the chat behaviour of every player in battle and actively searches for inappropriate wording in violation of the World of Warships Game Rules.

To ensure with absolute certainty that the system does not catch innocent players, it is under constant review and monitoring. It is due to this that the applied sanction cannot be cleared.

We will review your report in the next few days but please understand that no further answer from the Player Support Team will be given in reply to this ticket.

This is an automated answer. If this answer has not addressed your question, then please create a new ticket and ensure that you submit your question to the correct department.

This ticket will now be closed.

Best regards,

• Funny 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,671 battles

In this case, my karma hasn't even dropped. I can only assume someone took a joke the wrong way, maybe when I joked someone had got the PR for free! Will probably never know. I can suck it up since I can still chat to clan mates and I rarely chat in battle anyway.

• Cool 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,671 battles
1 minute ago, lossi_2018 said:

All I can say is welcome to the club :) May yr karma reach new lows or even zero :Smile_honoring:

Usually, ranked battles is a good way to balance karma, but as a ship collector I have a lot of snowflakes to knock off.

Players
2,938 posts
1 minute ago, Armorin said:

Usually, ranked battles is a good way to balance karma, but as a ship collector I have a lot of snowflakes to knock off.

I have reached ten when playing operations and some ranked. But playing CVs lately promptly brought me down to arctic temperatures again :)

that and my ranting of course haha :Smile_teethhappy:

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,671 battles

I think after reflecting on my behaviour, I have made a New Years resolution to make sure that any chat ban is well and truly deserved. :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[GWR]
Players
492 posts
8,725 battles
3 hours ago, lossi_2018 said:

All I can say is welcome to the club :) May yr karma reach new lows or even zero :Smile_honoring:

mine even went to 7 at one point, couple of good games and a joke soon saw the end of that

• Cool 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,671 battles

Just remembered. There was a Pan-Asian cruiser under super test. I described it as having a French exhaust, with a Jap backside. I wonder if that was it? :cap_fainting:

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
274 posts
11,129 battles

As far more experienced chat ban user (2x 15 days bans in the last month) i can say even 3,5, 12 or "insert any number" can be given by semi-automatic system - which picks up "forbidden" words from your in game chat and converts it into ban. No joke. 

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,671 battles
14 hours ago, _Robertas_ said:

As far more experienced chat ban user (2x 15 days bans in the last month) i can say even 3,5, 12 or "insert any number" can be given by semi-automatic system - which picks up "forbidden" words from your in game chat and converts it into ban. No joke. 

In this case it's hard to think of any 'forbidden' words I may have used. It's possible that I deserved the ban through foot in mouth disease, but I'm really stumped on that one. Perhaps a semi-automatic monkey clicked apply ban against the wrong person. But there shall be no trial or appeal for those who get sent to the gulag! :etc_red_button:

Players
2,986 posts
16,967 battles
49 minutes ago, Armorin said:

In this case it's hard to think of any 'forbidden' words I may have used. It's possible that I deserved the ban through foot in mouth disease, but I'm really stumped on that one. Perhaps a semi-automatic monkey clicked apply ban against the wrong person. But there shall be no trial or appeal for those who get sent to the gulag! :etc_red_button:

Game rule has a clause about using "words to evade the chatban system" so clearly you are en experienced dissident in disguise if no forbidden words were acutally found.

Alphavodka semiAI simply identified you as such and metered out the punishment for attempted evasion.

/someone who got his 2 first chatbans (after playing for 3 years) last ranked without using forbidden words.

• Funny 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

Maybe it's something like the WoT situation where more than one person has now been banned for using the word 'oxymoron'. That was in general chat, and the same mod banning people, and unfortunately it's now used to bait people in chat, but the first instance was a genuine use of the word, so you've got to hope mods have reached a reasonable level of education or similar instances could happen.

• Cool 1

[TU]
Players
468 posts
10,277 battles
17 hours ago, Armorin said:

Just remembered. There was a Pan-Asian cruiser under super test. I described it as having a French exhaust, with a Jap backside. I wonder if that was it? :cap_fainting:

Nothing wrong with that.

• Cool 2

[TU]
Players
468 posts
10,277 battles
18 minutes ago, 250swb said:

'oxymoron'

I use the word MORON all the time in chat and never had a ban in 4 years.

On the other hand my Karma is most of the time at 0.

But who cares about that.

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
1 hour ago, Scipio_Africanus1829 said:

I use the word MORON all the time in chat and never had a ban in 4 years.

On the other hand my Karma is most of the time at 0.

But who cares about that.

The point though is that the mod was banning a player because an uninsulting word 'oxymoron' had by chance the word 'moron' in its spelling. And to be honest if you think calling fellow players morons is legitimate I'm disappointed you weren't banned for it.

• Cool 2

[TU]
Players
468 posts
10,277 battles
1 hour ago, 250swb said:

And to be honest if you think calling fellow players morons is legitimate I'm disappointed you weren't banned for it.

Today I was in a battle and a team mate ran into me.

My reaction. Come out of binocular view now and again it helps to avoid that sort of thing.

His reaction. Fired a full broadside at me and removed half me health 2min into the game.

I called him a Moron, not legitimate would have been to use my torps and sink the little s**t.

If you use your weapons against a team mate you are a MORON.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,671 battles

Thanks for all the support guys.

I think anybody that knows my posts, will agree that I am against any form of self-justification for bad behaviour online.

However, I am human, so I know I might overstep the mark. My humour can be quite dark and misunderstood.

It was only once I got the ban, that I thought about saying, [edited] you radar ship, why don't you use your [edited] radar, you [edited] [edited].

Where [edited[ can be your word of choice to get around the self-auto-attamed bypass filter (R).

It is interesting to note, that people like me who have never had a ban before, have found themselves with bans. Is this working as intended? @Sub_Octavian

[BAD-A]
Players
641 posts
9,164 battles
24 minutes ago, Armorin said:

Thanks for all the support guys.

I think anybody that knows my posts, will agree that I am against any form of self-justification for bad behaviour online.

However, I am human, so I know I might overstep the mark. My humour can be quite dark and misunderstood.

It was only once I got the ban, that I thought about saying, [edited] you radar ship, why don't you use your [edited] radar, you [edited] [edited].

Where [edited[ can be your word of choice to get around the self-auto-attamed bypass filter (R).

It is interesting to note, that people like me who have never had a ban before, have found themselves with bans. Is this working as intended? @Sub_Octavian

Yes it is - you need to pay 59,000 dubloons to get your chat ban revoked...

• Funny 2

[TU]
Players
468 posts
10,277 battles
8 minutes ago, CallmeMessi said:

What is karma

Its a [edited] and never forgets an address.

Click on your in game name in the port you will see a number in the top right hand corner.

It might be zero, and that's no bad thing. What is it for that we shall never know.

8 minutes ago, CallmeMessi said:

what is a chat ban

Its when you have to go to the bad boys corner.

You cannot use the in battle chat for a given number of days. Like if you team kill you go pink for a given number of battles.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this