Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

RB unique upgrades word of warning.

7 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
2,609 posts
6,381 battles

Now wargaming wants to change unique upgrades to only be available in the research bureau, now at first glance, i didnt have anything against that, but based on the way wargaming has been behaving recently with monetization and shitty buisness practises, im worried.

Remember the original idea of the research bureau? It was to sell ship buffs for super-grinds. Well, selling unique upgrades through the research bureau sounds like exactly that, but with extra steps, specifically after this sentence: "We’re going to revamp the existing upgrades".

Right now unique upgrades are supposed to be side grades(even though some are not), so there are essentially two meanings that "revamp" can have:

1. Rebalance the legendary upgrades so all of them are sidegrades
  2. Rebalance the legendary upgrades so all of them are straight buffs

Given wargamings shitty behaviour recently and their original wish to monetize the RB with ship buffs, i certainly know which of the two options i find more likely...

• Cool 2

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,262 posts
7,031 battles

So basically NTC is back, but the special bonuses are now the legendary upgrades ...

Why would we all be mad about it ? WG is now recycling its old bad ideas to make us forget its other bad ideas ...

• Cool 2

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

Another way of WG being sneaky and "a bit" SCAMMY.

Remember when they said NTC/RB can be ignored? Yeah, I did ignore it.

But I was still able to do the legendary upgrades.

Now they are locking it behind a huge wall which is beyond reach for over 90% of the playerbase.

What's next? Locking more things behind walls of RB or something else?

It's hard to believe WG shoots themselves in the knee. Continuously.

They definitely need a wake-up call and I'm afraid that can be only one of 2 things... either people start boycotting them and stop financially support them or they get serious lawsuit that will question their illegal actions...

• Cool 2

Players
5,979 posts
11,650 battles
26 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

So basically NTC is back, but the special bonuses are now the legendary upgrades ...

Why would we all be mad about it ? WG is now recycling its old bad ideas to make us forget its other bad ideas ...

Not just mad. In my case also disappointed and confused.

I tried the regrind thing and it's just not for me. It doesn't feel like I'm accomplishing anything, I'm merely regaining something that I had before anyway. It feels like a waste or something, not at all that pleasurable. And now the legendary modules which I now barely have the time to grind anymore are gonna get locked behind an NTC wall too???

I don't want this BS, I want to play a game with warships!!!!!!! What the hell are they thinking!??!?!?! Just leave it as is and focus on new actual content instead of trying to push a stupid idea!

Players
5,979 posts
11,650 battles
20 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Another way of WG being sneaky and "a bit" SCAMMY.

Remember when they said NTC/RB can be ignored? Yeah, I did ignore it.

But I was still able to do the legendary upgrades.

Now they are locking it behind a huge wall which is beyond reach for over 90% of the playerbase.

What's next? Locking more things behind walls of RB or something else?

It's hard to believe WG shoots themselves in the knee. Continuously.

They definitely need a wake-up call and I'm afraid that can be only one of 2 things... either people start boycotting them and stop financially support them or they get serious lawsuit that will question their illegal actions...

I tried the regrinding and to me it's inherently unfun. If a game is not fun then what's the purpose of a game?

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,808 posts
17,154 battles

The question is what happens to the current missions you might already be half way in? I have like 20+ legendary upgrade missions open and completion status is somewhere in between 10% and 85%. Will players lose their progress once the upgrades move to the RB?

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,267 posts
8,683 battles

Hello,

Locking this thread too, we don't need more than one. Please use the thread below to discuss and express your disappointent.

Regards,

Minia