You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
howardxu_23

legendary/unique upgrades becomes research buru only

should we move legendary/unique mods to research buru?  

583 members have voted

1. 1. should we move legendary/unique mods to research buru?

• yes
    • no
    • don't care
    • bacon

198 comments in this topic

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,034 battles

image.png.4d52b6be3cf8e3baa6e0b9aebb3c7c86.png

according to this, they are going to move all legendary upgrades to the amory, accessible to research buru only(aka get 5 t10s, then reset some of them and regrind them to get the tokens)

also probably change some of their stats

I defiantly saying a massive NO to this for obvious reasons

also added a poll, even though I know WG doesn't care. But make enough noise and they may rethink it

edit: clan mate on discord found this on reddit one year ago:

B8xBpKi.png

• Cool 13
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,641 posts
24,346 battles

not surprised.... but, as 4 me, the can scrap the whole RB in an instant! only thing it's good for atm to me is wasting those useless pts for sig flags. i would like to see no addition to it at all and want it get scrapped!

2 cts

really.... on arrival of those upgrades i already been pi**ed on having to grind on kind of all t10's i already did own and had up to hundreds of battles on again. no headstart, while imho it would've been appropiate to give em to players who already fulfilled the requirements like 3 times b4....

and now they not only want me to regrind the ship, but the whole line(s)?!?!

bollocks!!! :Smile-angry:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,660 posts
6,387 battles

Erm. Well, this is a pile of poo.

While most of the legendary upgrades are a bit cack, there are a few that I would like to get still. But I'm never going to be arsed to regrind a line, I don't have that kind of time to play.

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
962 posts
8,688 battles
1 minute ago, Uglesett said:

But I'm never going to be arsed to regrind a line, I don't have that kind of time to play.

But that's the whole idea. Now people will need to buy them. Another greedy scheme... It seems the end is near....

• Cool 9
  • Funny 3

Players
5,979 posts
11,653 battles
27 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

image.thumb.png.fe5ae14e5cf2f35ca54321927a5316a1.png

according to this, they are going to move all legendary upgrades to the amory, accessible to research buru only(aka get 5 t10s, then reset some of them and regrind them to get the tokens)

I defiantly saying a massive NO to this for obvious reasons

also added a poll, even though I know WG doesn't care. But make enough noise and they may rethink it

Have they gone mad?!?!??!?

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,034 battles
Just now, NothingButTheRain said:

Have they gone mad?!?!??!?

*looks at PR fiasco

at this point it’s WG’s “normal”

• Cool 2

Players
5,979 posts
11,653 battles
9 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

*looks at PR fiasco

at this point it’s WG’s “normal”

I am looking at the NTC.

Now we got the PR disaster.

And now their idea is THIS?!?!?!?!?

Is this for real???

I am seriously pissed off right now! I wanted to stay because I like my clanmembers so much, but if this keeps up, it will not be worth the commitment for me anymore, this game already eats so much time and effort as it is. Who the hell keeps coming up with outrageous ideas like these?????

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,034 battles
1 minute ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I am looking at the NTC.

And now their idea if THIS?!?!?!?!?

I am seriously pissed off right now! I wanted to stay because I like my clanmembers so much, but if this keeps up, it will not be worth the commitment for me anymore, this game already eats so much time and effort as it is. Who the hell keeps coming up with outrageous ideas like these?????

Having total monopoly over the genere is one big factor: means that they don’t need to worry about making it good because there isn’t any good similar alternatives.

• Cool 2

Players
5,979 posts
11,653 battles
8 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

Having total monopoly over the genere is one big factor: means that they don’t need to worry about making it good because there isn’t any good similar alternatives.

Possibly. But having a total monopoly did not stop me from abandoning WoT and there's plenty of ex-WoT players playing WoWS now, but apparently they don't care or something.

I think I am going to seriously reconsider some things. I don't feel like I understand this game anymore.

• Cool 4

[GOON]
Beta Tester
111 posts
4,010 battles

What a horrible [edited]decision.

"Here's your tier 10, now have fun grinding it all over again a couple of times to get that upgrade!"

Did someone buy you all machine guns so you can shoot yourself in the foot easier and more constantly?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,291 posts
24,441 battles

The only one that is maybe useful and I don t have is the LM for Yamato. 

Players
5,979 posts
11,653 battles
7 minutes ago, 22cm said:

The only one that is maybe useful and I don t have is the LM for Yamato. 

They are also gonna change the stats on the LM, not just how you can get them.

• Cool 2

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles
9 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

They are also gonna change the stats on the LM, not just how you can get them.

Really?

I mean that was the point behind the 1st community outrage after the announcement of the RB, forcing people to regrind to get combat advantages.

I hope the LM stay the same.

It's already unacceptable to move them in that state to the RB.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,268 posts
8,683 battles

Hello,

I'm really starting to wonder what is WG trying to achieve here? Who thought it was a good idea in general but also too announce it now whilst the whole community is pretty much on fire...

WG.jpg.d356bfac7ac98d9f9d733790f3cee5d7.jpg

This is pretty disappointing, I'd be fine with it if they leave the legendary upgrades as missions too for those that have them but... really, why?

Regards,

Minia

• Cool 4
  • Funny 7

[GURKA]
Players
5,321 posts
10,733 battles
41 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I am looking at the NTC.

And now their idea is THIS?!?!?!?!?

Is this for real???

I'm wondering, if they changed something in the management sector this year. So many "good" ideas in one year :D

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Players
2,932 posts

I thought I'd play during the holidays, but I don't even wanna open the game these days. Since I know me, I'm almost over this and I never thought I will give up on the game completely. It is sad :Smile_unsure:

Players
5,979 posts
11,653 battles

I posted this in another topic which got locked:

@albin322 wrote

wg wtf ????? 2 dumpsterfires in so short time............

My response

This is actually funny, but I can barely laugh anymore. I feel like I know this game less and less with the way things are going or something. NTC, PR disaster and now this??? I like playing one ship to accomplish something with it. There is no tier 11 ships so the LM were a nice reason to keep playing a ship and it gave a sense of accomplishment. But the NTC is just delete and re-do something you already had before.

To me this feels like going to work and at the end of the month I get my paycheck. And then I flush all my money down the toilet and I go to work for another month to get my money back again. Replace money with ships and this is how senseless this feels to me. Wth are they doingggg?!?!?!?

This is from another topic which got locked too.

@NoirLotus wrote

So basically NTC is back, but the special bonuses are now the legendary upgrades ...

Why would we all be mad about it ? WG is now recycling its old bad ideas to make us forget its other bad ideas ...

my response

Not just mad. In my case also disappointed and confused.

I tried the regrind thing and it's just not for me. It doesn't feel like I'm accomplishing anything, I'm merely regaining something that I had before anyway. It feels like a waste or something, not at all that pleasurable. And now the legendary modules which I now barely have the time to grind anymore are gonna get locked behind an NTC wall too???

I don't want this BS, I want to play a game with warships!!!!!!! What the hell are they thinking!??!?!?! Just leave it as is and focus on new actual content instead of trying to push a stupid idea!

@Palubarac wrote:

Another way of WG being sneaky and "a bit" SCAMMY.

Remember when they said NTC/RB can be ignored? Yeah, I did ignore it.

But I was still able to do the legendary upgrades.

Now they are locking it behind a huge wall which is beyond reach for over 90% of the playerbase.

What's next? Locking more things behind walls of RB or something else?

It's hard to believe WG shoots themselves in the knee. Continuously.

They definitely need a wake-up call and I'm afraid that can be only one of 2 things... either people start boycotting them and stop financially support them or they get serious lawsuit that will question their illegal actions...

my response

I tried the regrinding and to me it's inherently unfun. If a game is not fun then what's the purpose of a game?

have a nice day

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,019 posts
10,859 battles

I just hope that we won't be forced to regrind lines to get LMs,

I hope there will be a different set of missions, campaings, grinds etc to get them other than Research points.

I just hope, They are putting LMs into the RB, just because to make it more tidy in the port..

I just hope, they mean "we'll make them all similar on power, and make them all sidegrades to change the play style of the ship" when they say "REVAMP"

I just hope... thats all I got left.. hope..

• Cool 10

Players
5,979 posts
11,653 battles
11 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Really?

I mean that was the point behind the 1st community outrage after the announcement of the RB, forcing people to regrind to get combat advantages.

I hope the LM stay the same.

It's already unacceptable to move them in that state to the RB.

Yes. That's what I read.

I am mindblown. I don't want this. I just want to play WoWS (you know, an actual game about just the warships and the tactics involved with it and stuff) and get new ships because that's part of the reason why I play this game. And instead of actually playing the new and shiny tier 10 and expand THIS TIER 10! They want me to THROW IT OUT AGAIN and regrind it? Several times?!?!?! I mean wtf?!?!

Just no. Nope!

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
663 posts

Nonononono. We were told, we shouldn't bother about the deadline, because it would be expanded. And now there is a deadline?

Maybe unique modules for the premium Tier 10 vessels, who currently don't have them at all, but not for the general tech trees!

• Cool 6