You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Chiv

My first week on EU

94 comments in this topic

[BOATY]
Players
1,372 posts
16,829 battles

So it has been 7 days since I joined the EU server from NA. It has been a rather interesting experience to say the least.

fd701dd949cfe7192a6cb3f69502bf31.png

Normally I would have played more however the whole PR event has sapped a great amount  of joy I use to get playing this game. That not withstanding I have noticed some rather interesting difference in the time I have been playing as well as some similarities. All in all i have found it to be a rather enjoyable environment

• Cool 4

Players
481 posts
13,188 battles
17 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

So it has been 7 days since I joined the EU server from NA. It has been a rather interesting experience to say the least.

fd701dd949cfe7192a6cb3f69502bf31.png

Normally I would have played more however the whole PR event has sapped a great amount  of joy I use to get playing this game. That not withstanding I have noticed some rather interesting difference in the time I have been playing as well as some similarities. All in all i have found it to be a rather enjoyable environment

Would you care to elaborate on the differences, i.e. contrast and compare.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
1,372 posts
16,829 battles
2 minutes ago, Todger_Fairmile said:

Would you care to elaborate on the differences, i.e. contrast and compare.

Yeah I can but it will make people mad.

Lets start with Cruisers as I am a cruiser main and love the fact that they can transition to different styles rather nicely.

1. Too often since being here I have seen Cruisers focus on BBs ignoring other cruisers and or dds.This happens on NA too so no biggie there
  2. Eu cruisers tend to panic turn when they are being targeted and give up bow facing to turn away exposing broadside. Here is a tip wait for the bb to fire then make your turn to run away. You will generally take less damage.
  3. WAY TOO EAGER TO RUSH FORWARD TO USE TORPS. Guys unless you are IJN their is no call for this.
  4. You do not have to use your aft guns all the time.
  5. To often I have seen cruisers not even bothering to turn, speed up, slow down anything.
  6. Terrain is a god send learn to use it.
  7. Ships with HE also have AP and should use it more on broadside targets,  including BBS.
  8. NOT NEARLY ENOUGH FOCUS ON DD's
  9. AA is a buddy system kinda things always stick close to others in cv matches, wont stop them 100% but it will punish them enough to force the cv to look else where.

Now BB's

1. We know you have a range of 20+ but you would do better playing a little closer then max range.
  2. FOCUS CRUISERS
  3. You know when you are shooting a BB and your shells are shattering on the turret, TRY going HE a salvo and have ap que'd for the next salvo.
  4. STOP EXPOSING YOUR BROADSIDE TO USE YOUR BACK GUNS.
  5. f3 is your friend use it to direct fire on a target that is actively dodging your shots. 1v1 active dodging is great. 3v1 less so.
  6. The weakest point of any battleship are the magazines under the turrets Aim more there and less center mass.
  7. AA is a buddy system kinda thing always stick close to others. 4km to 2 others would be ideal.

DD's

1. When there is no cv you really need to spot enemy dds so your cruisers can punish them.
  2. If you are a USN,KM,RU,RN,RM, or ijn gunboat line, You have no excuse to not shoot at enemy dds.
  3. Caps are cool an all, your suicide is not. always make sure there is support 5 km or less from you.
  4. When dealing with cvs don't be overly predictable and smoke up if you have to.

CV's

1. I thought the lack of DD focus on NA was bad but EU feels even worse in terms of ignoring dds to focus on damage farming BBs. DAMAGE FARMING A BB does not ensure victory. Killing DDs will do more for it.
  2. 3 or more ships together sharing aa can destroy 7 torp bombers.

TLDR: bbs and cas need to show less broadside, need to have a greater focus on dd hunting, and cvs need to be more on the ball.

• Cool 15

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,257 posts
21,998 battles
27 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

Oh, don't worry about that, we're all well aware of how... "special" the EU playerbase is.

Also hi there. :Smile_trollface: :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 9

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
28,512 battles
30 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

And all along I though NA was the EZ mode server ;)

That is the RU server. 

Players
5,255 posts
8 minutes ago, 22cm said:

That is the RU server. 

And I thought RU was more of a ... chaotic mode ... especially during the winter... :)

Anyways ... I always felt NA has one vital edge over EU and SAE.... communication in English.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
28,512 battles
51 minutes ago, The_Chiv said:

Maybe the fact that on NA they all speak the same language makes possible a more coordinated gameplay.

On the other hand, the timing is really bad, right now everyone playes worse then bots, trying to grind the Puerto Rico ungrindable grind, so no more playing for the win, but for those crazy directives.

Right now, I m using a combo of Coop and Ranked to grind those directives, so I would prefer to Rank out in the last available hour if possible. :Smile_facepalm:

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
28,512 battles
9 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Anyways ... I always felt NA has one vital edge over EU and SAE.... communication in English.

You have no idea how important it is for the nubs' learning process to know when and why you are cursing them. :Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 5

Players
2,796 posts
11,390 battles
26 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

And all along I though NA was the EZ mode server ;)

24 minutes ago, 22cm said:

That is the RU server. 

What about SEA server :Smile_trollface:

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
28,512 battles
7 minutes ago, pra3y said:

What about SEA server :Smile_trollface:

Not enough vodka there. 

• Funny 3

Players
5,175 posts
21,512 battles

Yes we are a special breed but we also live in special times (grindy times). Yesterday I noticed our Moskva shooting a bow in BB with HE. Which is fine. Except 300 m to the right of that BB sat a Smolensk broadside, at 12 km. Our Moskva kept shooting HE at that BB. Guess he had a set fire task or something. Guess who died first. :cap_old:

• Funny 2

[IDDQD]
Players
777 posts
16,095 battles

don't wanna burst your bubble OP, but your weekly/monthly stats are expected to be better than your all time average. People are logically getting better the longer/more they play, especially when their all time average is... well average?

50 games also hardly are enough to come and compare the quality of regional playerbase, EU is much bigger than US, that means more potatoes and also more unicums.

If your last few monthly on US was 52%, well, it wont be 62% on EU - if you haven't drastically altered the gameplay (divisions, playing only your top boat etc). You will find out region does not have much to do with it.

edit: already finding out i guess?

image.png.64324f599d47ad9100c95f4624067f28.png

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[SKIDZ]
Players
986 posts

Been here a week and knows everything 

Alot of players are doing tasks/missions so normal standard of low quality gameplay is even lower lol

• Cool 2

Players
2,875 posts
21,249 battles

It's  both refreshing and worrying to see confirmation of my own observations that too many players these days ignore the importance of spotting and focus fire on DDs, instead preferring too damage farm BBs.

• Cool 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
28 minutes ago, Imuya_Umi said:

All your tips and observations are of great value.

He has come from afar to bestow us gifts of wisdom, a wise man indeed. I mean c'mon guys why did nobody else think of these things? 

• Cool 1

Players
3,240 posts
19,504 battles

Thanks for the great contrast and compare! 

Also maybe a bad time to change over because of the PC ruckus and patch warriors. That said...My Benham enjoys the environment :cap_haloween: 

Players
2,147 posts
16,474 battles
5 hours ago, The_Chiv said:

Lets start with Cruisers as I am a cruiser main and love the fact that they can transition to different styles rather nicely.

1. Too often since being here I have seen Cruisers focus on BBs ignoring other cruisers and or dds.This happens on NA too so no biggie there
  2. Eu cruisers tend to panic turn when they are being targeted and give up bow facing to turn away exposing broadside. Here is a tip wait for the bb to fire then make your turn to run away. You will generally take less damage.
  3. WAY TOO EAGER TO RUSH FORWARD TO USE TORPS. Guys unless you are IJN their is no call for this.
  4. You do not have to use your aft guns all the time.
  5. To often I have seen cruisers not even bothering to turn, speed up, slow down anything.
  6. Terrain is a god send learn to use it.
  7. Ships with HE also have AP and should use it more on broadside targets,  including BBS.
  8. NOT NEARLY ENOUGH FOCUS ON DD's
  9. AA is a buddy system kinda things always stick close to others in cv matches, wont stop them 100% but it will punish them enough to force the cv to look else where.

Now BB's

1. We know you have a range of 20+ but you would do better playing a little closer then max range.
  2. FOCUS CRUISERS
  3. You know when you are shooting a BB and your shells are shattering on the turret, TRY going HE a salvo and have ap que'd for the next salvo.
  4. STOP EXPOSING YOUR BROADSIDE TO USE YOUR BACK GUNS.
  5. f3 is your friend use it to direct fire on a target that is actively dodging your shots. 1v1 active dodging is great. 3v1 less so.
  6. The weakest point of any battleship are the magazines under the turrets Aim more there and less center mass.
  7. AA is a buddy system kinda thing always stick close to others. 4km to 2 others would be ideal.

DD's

1. When there is no cv you really need to spot enemy dds so your cruisers can punish them.
  2. If you are a USN,KM,RU,RN,RM, or ijn gunboat line, You have no excuse to not shoot at enemy dds.
  3. Caps are cool an all, your suicide is not. always make sure there is support 5 km or less from you.
  4. When dealing with cvs don't be overly predictable and smoke up if you have to.

CV's

1. I thought the lack of DD focus on NA was bad but EU feels even worse in terms of ignoring dds to focus on damage farming BBs. DAMAGE FARMING A BB does not ensure victory. Killing DDs will do more for it.
  2. 3 or more ships together sharing aa can destroy 7 torp bombers.

TLDR: bbs and cas need to show less broadside, need to have a greater focus on dd hunting, and cvs need to be more on the ball.

Yup, the player base is guilty of pretty much all of the above. Out of curiosity, would you say the NA community is better or worse on any of these points?

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
3,151 posts
26,372 battles
2 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

Yup, the player base is guilty of pretty much all of the above. Out of curiosity, would you say the NA community is better or worse on any of these points?

That was gonna be my question too, but you got there first... :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
1,372 posts
16,829 battles
1 hour ago, RAYvenMP said:

don't wanna burst your bubble OP, but your weekly/monthly stats are expected to be better than your all time average. People are logically getting better the longer/more they play, especially when their all time average is... well average?

50 games also hardly are enough to come and compare the quality of regional playerbase, EU is much bigger than US, that means more potatoes and also more unicums.

If your last few monthly on US was 52%, well, it wont be 62% on EU - if you haven't drastically altered the gameplay (divisions, playing only your top boat etc). You will find out region does not have much to do with it.

edit: already finding out i guess?

image.png.64324f599d47ad9100c95f4624067f28.png

You are right and generally, my weekly is about 55% on NA here better. Oh you thought I don't know how an average works? As for why its not tanking is because im sitting farming fires for these stupid directives.

[BOATY]
Players
1,372 posts
16,829 battles
10 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

DDs being either bad is a constant all over.

I would say NA bbs are more bow tank reliant though thanks to the russian zipo that has changed a bit.

[BOATY]
Players
1,372 posts
16,829 battles
20 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

PR damage and fire missions dont really help on that matter 

You get it.

[BOATY]
Players
1,372 posts
16,829 battles
54 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

It's  both refreshing and worrying to see confirmation of my own observations that too many players these days ignore the importance of spotting and focus fire on DDs, instead preferring too damage farm BBs.

Everyone always fears the cv but do cvs cap? Do cvs provide a constant spotting? No, they don't.

DDs are a two-sided problem. They have no hard counter like they are for a bb. You can say cruiser but without a consumable, that keeps getting nerfed do to tears or spotting by another ship a cruiser is not a counter. On the flip side of this, the biggest threat to a dd is another dd and most dd players cant knife fight for <Profanity>. This is not really their fault really as the game actively encourages them to avoid other DDS like the plague.

As for why people don't focus them down more often, that is sadly simple. EGO. Killing a dd is like 20k damage and most feel that the effort isn't worth it, completely ignoring that xp and credits are based on a % scale and not a total damage scheme and thus hurting dds pays better.

Personally I love hunting dds, just wish I had more help while I do it.

• Cool 2