You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DrMechano

Worst Tier 9 BB

Worst tier 9 BB  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the Worst tier 9 Battleship?

• Izumo
    • Musashi
    • Fredrich der Grosse
    • Iowa
    • Georgia
    • Alsace
    • Jean Bart
    • Lion
    • Sovetsky Soyez

32 comments in this topic

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles

Title says it all place your votes. For me, personally, it's the Lion. With the raised citadel changes she is nowhere near as tanky as the Freddy since her 32mm all round means she eats 460mm pens from all sides and gets burned down by HE incredibly quickly but has the same wonky dispersion and even slower velocity guns.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,123 posts
20,109 battles

Gave up playing Izumo after just 3 battles. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with her and any hits I did get was an overpen no matter the angle.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,660 posts
10,193 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

Hey, Missouri is missing!

Reveal hidden contents

:Smile_trollface:

Reee incorrect spreadshieet...

For a good reason :Smile-_tongue:

As for question itself, I'd rate Lion my most boring experience. Izumo is the only one I haven't played.

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,906 posts
12,200 battles

voted musashi ti increase the quality of the thread

[WGP2L]
Players
1,145 posts
10,067 battles
10 minutes ago, ForgotPants said:

I'm about to reach Iowa soon, is it any good?

Spoiler

Unbenannt.thumb.png.8bce47d0e4dab03bb782f22497a6c339.png

I don't play her 85 battles, because she is bad. Other then as the North Carolina you can hit targets and deal damage :Smile_great:

Players
8 posts
1,886 battles
7 minutes ago, Elypse201 said:
  Hide contents

Unbenannt.thumb.png.8bce47d0e4dab03bb782f22497a6c339.png

I don't play her 85 battles, because she is bad. Other then as the North Carolina you can hit targets and deal damage :Smile_great:

Tier 9 is really the weirdest tier for tech tree ships isnt it?

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,020 posts
10,859 battles

Take Lion out of that vote..

She doesn't even worth to be mentioned here..

Izumo looks like a spacebattleshipyamato! next to her!!

Turd!!!

[WGP2L]
Players
1,145 posts
10,067 battles
1 minute ago, ForgotPants said:

Tier 9 is really the weirdest tier for tech tree ships isnt it?

Unbenannt.thumb.png.30aaf989fba80c8994e61876bfae9b9b.png

You have some garbage in T9 like: Neptune, FdG, Izumo. But also very good ships like: Jutland, Fletcher, Musashi, Black

It is like every tier you have differences and i believe every nation has at least this one ship that is completly garbage and everyone can't wait to play it and experience fun and engaging gameplay.
In the last patches T9 just became more and more favorable from the MM Changes.

Players
2,982 posts
16,949 battles

Alsace or Izumo, having a hard time deciding. Alsace guns can really troll you by missing all 12 shells at 5 km range. Izumo just overpens everything no matter the angle.

Players
1,837 posts
15,456 battles

I liked the Izumo even pre-buff, the guns were always pretty strong on it, so I never had the hatred for it most community seemed to have.

Normally, I would have voted for FdG for the flaming turd award here, but I never played her after the buffs (short of knocking off a snowflake in coop, but that doesn't count), nor do I have any interest to ever touch her again.

So that leaves the Lion. Damn, I hated that inconsistent turd. Conq brings far more to the table than an extra turret, it's way more accurate. I can forgive a lot if the guns work - and with Lion, they just didn't for me, so it gets my vote for the flaming turd award. FdG may just be better than Lion after all the buffs.

As for actually good ships in the tier, my favorite has to be the Jean Bart. I always seem to have fun in it, I love the mobile flanker playstyle, and when you learn when to use that booster she's incredibily potent. Objectively it may not be the strongest in tier, but if not she's damn close in my opinion, and definitely the one I have the most fun with. Don't have the Georgia yet, so maybe I'd enjoy that thanks to her great mobility, which I do enjoy in a bb.

Players
2,599 posts
13,018 battles

I didn't like anyone of them particularly, though I can say freddy got more hate than she deserves.

It doesn't matter anyway, cause since then the matchmaking has changed to help the turds in their shiny premiums, and now all these masterraces can sh1t over tier sevens all day long.

[HOTEL]
Players
52 posts
3,032 battles

People bashing the FdG look at the FdG like an upscaled Bismarck and wonder why Tier VIII secondary meme builds don't work on Tier IX.

FdG has 406mm pipes, four front, four back. She got turtleback, she got manly chest armor. Go overmatch some cruisers and brawl cocky BBs. Go with a survival build. Play smart, and pick your moment to roll out. Secondary builds are just as wise as W+M1 in German BBs. You don't want to yolo into enemies, you want to carefully consider your approach, chew into a flank and advance, taking out enemy cruisers with your stellar, overmatching AP, and hose down bow-in BBs with HE and (eventually) secondaries. The click and forward way of playing with a non-survival build makes the FdG such a shitty experience. She's Tier IX. Can't bring Tier VIII tactics.

[JRM]
Players
6,770 posts

Prob the Izumo, she is so pointless...

If you want to play T9 IJN BB Musashi is way better in everything and every other case of judging by stats one if the other ships is better then she is in it...

Want fires? - Lion

Want shotgun? - Alsace

Want sniper? - Iowa

Want brawler? - FDG or Soyuz

Want flanker? - Georgia, JB

Whats Izumo good for again? Thats righ - nothing... Only a ship you need to go through to get to Yamato...

• Cool 2

Players
130 posts
15,583 battles
2 saat önce, ForgotPants dedi:

I'm about to reach Iowa soon, is it any good?

Iowa great ship

Highest top speed

Very accurate, hard hitting guns

Tanky

Decent rudder shift time 

Good concealment

Planekiller

• Cool 1

[AMOK]
Players
1,965 posts
8,654 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, El2aZeR sagte:

Gave up playing Izumo after just 3 battles.

Patient you must be young padawan...:Smile_Default:

[AMOK]
Players
1,965 posts
8,654 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, nambr9 sagte:

And here stand I, the one about to embark into Lion / Izumo grid :S

Have no interest in Lion and stopped the line at Monarch but Izumo isn't that bad. It just takes some games to get used to the guns. Because they hit hard and sometimes to hard (op). But for me it was like getting used to Amagi guns. First games i hated them but then it was love :Smile_Default: Armor and accuracy are quite good on Izumo and manoeverability is ok. I would say at least give it a try for more than 20 games :Smile_smile:.

Regarding worst T9 BB, i would have said FdG before buff but only because i didn't play Lion i guess :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,165 posts
8,094 battles
7 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Gave up playing Izumo after just 3 battles. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with her and any hits I did get was an overpen no matter the angle.

Well, they recently buffed it... but they nerfed Lion so I'm happy I have already passed that one!

Players
7,164 posts
245 battles

Lion is easily the worst out of them all, too big with non-existant armour and highly inconsistent guns, plus the superheal is useless if or when you get citadelled so reduces its overall effectiveness in general.

i would rather the british bb line be similar to thunderer but i guess that would make too much sense.

• Cool 1

[URBAN]
Players
18 posts
3,778 battles

Well as I don't have the german bb or the soviet one and if I were to base it on the ships I have played I would have to say Lion is the worst.

As for the Izumu I only had 20 battles in her before I unlocked the Yamato, but I got a 70% winrate so she wasn't bad for me.

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles

Interesting, looks like the FdG is, so far, only just beating out the Lion in votes. I can understand peoples dislike of the Izumo in that it is much closer to the Yamato playstyle AND that third turret is basically non-existent what with it's terrible firing angles and the fact it rotates backwards meaning unlike the Nelson or Lenin, you have a hard time getting it on target without showing too much broadside.

[HF_30]
Beta Tester
8 posts
4,202 battles

My vote goes to FdG, its just too easy to wear down 🤔🤔  A bit better after i started using the 420mm guns, but.. 

I also hated the Izumo but i can only vote once, and not touched it since i got yammy ages past. 

Edit* For some odd reason it doesent state ive ever played the izumo, weird crap right there 😂😂

• Funny 1