Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi1960

Co-Op play!

3 comments in this topic

[WAR]
Players
428 posts

So, in their wisdom to screw over players even more, the added 1 player to the Co-Op battles... most of the time, they add a BOT player as there are no humans...

Surely, you'd add a player if you had too many wanting to play, BUT... this is actually a sneaky way for WoWs to screw us over YET AGAIN....

I'm tired of the game ending when there are still one or two enemy ships left alive ... ESPECIALLY when I have one in my sights and one more hit would kill it.... sure, Co-Op doesn't pay much BUT it pays LESS now because the points are spread over more players... and when the bots on our team constantly ram the enemy... then that is unfair... its basically THEFT as far as I am concerned, you're charging me game money to resupply the ship but the costs barely cover that now...

WoWs really is determined to kill the game.

Because of my Terminal Lung Cancer, I only play Co-Op because I don't like the crap in Random or Ranked from the other team... I just want to have fun... Bots do not abuse you.... they are BETTER than many humans in that respect.

Asking WoWs to fix it is a waste of time.... I know that.... but its just another nail in the games coffin. The REAL killer will be subs, roll on 2020 and finish killing the game, WoWs.

• Cool 1

Players
77 posts
612 battles

First of all, sorry to hear about your health condition. I sincerely wish you all the best.

Coming back to the issue you seem to have with filling out Co-Op teams with bots and scoring in general: there are fairly simply rules laid out both for MM and calculating score, and the game simply follows them. You can refer the wiki to find exact explanation.

From my experience - and I've played an overwhelming majority of my fames in Co-Op, having been deemed "unfit" for Random by some of the saltier "old boots" out there - there's usually simply not enough targets for everyone in Co-Op. There's almost always a few "old salties" in the MM who can reliably devastate a ship sailing straight forward in a few salvos at most... and that's just what they do: they charge in, guns blazing, and blast half the bots into oblivion in short order. When you consult the rules on scoring, you'll see that losing a ship means a point loss for the team. Losing so many ships in quick succession creates such a "points leak" for the bot team that they quickly hit zero, and that's when the game ends in the human team's victory.

My advice: be aggressive. Charge right in with the rest of the team. The best matches for me points-wise were the ones where I stayed in the thick of the battle without making stupid errors in the meantime (like pulling a Notser, sailing right into a bot's torp volley or showing broadside to a well positioned BBot). There's usually more than enough opportunities to deal damage if you are in a target-rich environment, and even if you happen to suffer a kill-steal or two, you're sure to come back to port with hefty amounts of damage dealt and damage tanked - which are two statistics netting you the most BXP and Credits in the end. XP or credit boosting signals can help maximize your gains, too.

Regarding the MM... usually it doesn't need to drop bots into a human team, unless there are simply not enough players active in Co-Op (which is really rare these days with current PR directive grind) or all available players stubbornly refuse to play different ship classes (say, everyone wants to field CA, and MM needs at least one or two DDs in the mix). Once I was in a Co-Op where every ship except me was a bot... but that was just once. Usually, there's an all human lineup for me, occassionally I see one or two odd bots in. Bottom line: bots in the human lineup do happen sometimes, but this is an exception, not the rule.

Players
1,004 posts
14,548 battles

I like co-op when there are no other human players. It makes you re-adjust your playstyle mentality from 'damage race' where victory is certain, to cautious and calculated damage dealing  to avoid getting steam-rolled while keeping some of your allies alive.

The mercy rule is a bit of a challenge, where the red team runs out of points too quickly, especially a three cap domination game where they can't gain any points. In Standard and four cap games they are at least gaining some points and you might be able to destroy seven out of nine.

I've been trying to get some plane kills for the 300 kills part of Directive 2, and had some games in my Smolensk that did have CVs but were over in four minutes before I got halfway across the map. Currently on 22/300 :)