Sign in to follow this  
jieyaw

Which BB to go for?

8 comments in this topic

[W-C]
Players
29 posts
2,340 battles

I'm a cruiser main. I love them and I have the Des Moines. I am grinding Cleveland and Nürnberg as well. However, I really want to get into a BB line. THere have been too many games where as a cruiser, all I can do is kite away and farm a little whilst my BBs are sniping from the back, ignoring the caps. I have amassed around 270k Free XP. I have grinded to the Lion and the Kongo, but I am fed up of the dispersion. I also have a Bismarck from a Cat crate a while ago, but I sold that immediately as I was short on credits.

Which option is best for me?

A) Free XP Seattle (horrible turret angles based on reviews) to get Worcester

B) Free XP Lion (hate dispersion) to get Conqueror

C) Start playing Bismarck and Free XP Friedrich der Große (horrible dispersion) to get Großer Kürfurst. If so, Secondary or tank build?

D) Anything else you can think of

Thanks in advance for replies. 

Players
222 posts
12,144 battles

I tend to save my freexp for the free xp ships, got the Friesland and the Alaska so far, both are fun to play and different from other ships in the game. Might be worth thinking about. Especially if you like the american heavy cruiser AP, as the Alaska hits broadsides hard at close to medium ranges.

Takes some time to save up, but both are worth it.

I've just ground through the Seattle. It's big, slow, slow to accelerate, slow stop and you basically have to sit broadside to fire all the guns. Even fully upgraded it feels like a downgrade to the Cleveland. I've just unlocked the Worcester and not had chance to play it yet, hoping its more like a Cleveland, but with more daka.

At the moment, the Russian bb's are meant to be a strong line. Only up to T5 myself, so can't comment really.

[N0RSE]
Players
181 posts
14,746 battles

It sounds like what you really need is US battleships. Save your free exp for upgrading the modules on new ships you research. And don't free exp past a ship, unless you really hate it. 

US battleships have good dispersion, and can fit most roles. Excellent aa too. I can imagine you will struggle with tier 7 Colorado if you hate slow ships, but it's still a very good battleship with great range.

[OCTO]
Players
398 posts
18,571 battles

RU BB's. Tier 6 and above. Done. If you don't show your side and fight at 12KM or less, god tier.

Players
5,979 posts
11,657 battles
17 hours ago, jieyaw said:

I'm a cruiser main. I love them and I have the Des Moines. I am grinding Cleveland and Nürnberg as well. However, I really want to get into a BB line. THere have been too many games where as a cruiser, all I can do is kite away and farm a little whilst my BBs are sniping from the back, ignoring the caps. I have amassed around 270k Free XP. I have grinded to the Lion and the Kongo, but I am fed up of the dispersion. I also have a Bismarck from a Cat crate a while ago, but I sold that immediately as I was short on credits.

C) Start playing Bismarck and Free XP Friedrich der Große (horrible dispersion) to get Großer Kürfurst. If so, Secondary or tank build?

Wooster also has bad turret angles btw, just saying.

Conq dispersion is equally bad compared to Lion, but Conq has a 4th turret which helps alleviate the dispersion problems the Lion has.

It's a shame you can't really use Lion's good conceilment anymore to get in close and blap em in the face like you could before the citadel nerf. That's how I ended up grinding the Lion, back when it was one of the best tier 9 BBs in the game (according to stats at least :Smile-_tongue:)

I used FXP to finish the horrible Bismarck grind I was having at the time and decided to completely FXP FdG as well. GK I use for seocndary missions in coop.

[ZPT]
Players
197 posts
On 12/17/2019 at 9:26 PM, jieyaw said:

Better save your free XP.

Both battleships beyound Bismarck are terrible and not worth the time and effort!

Go for the Conqueror!

[D-I-A]
Players
158 posts
4,477 battles

My personal favourites, great ships that together gives you many different playstyles depending on your mood. As a bonus they are beautiful non paper ships :)

FXP 

Alaska (Super Heavy Cruiser but oh my god i love this ship, and as a CA player this is what you must have)

COAL

Jean Bart (unique & entertaining playstyle)

XP

Iowa (but do not sell the New Mexico & NC as you grind the Iowa because they are good too)

Bismarck (with full secondary modules & cpt build PM, DCF, AR, BFT, AFT, FP, MFCSA)

PREMIUM

Scharnhorst (keep the Gneisenau as you grind for Bismarck if you cannot get a hold of the Scharnhorst)

[DEFR]
[DEFR]
Players
1,270 posts
On 12/21/2019 at 4:46 PM, Jean_Bart said:

Both battleships beyound Bismarck are terrible and not worth the time and effort!

Yeah, I have the T10 German BB and the Brit Conq at T10. Hands down the Conq is a better ship to play... unless you love secondary guns, then go German BB.

The German BB is the harder of the two to play at T10. Terrible concealment compared to Conq, also huge, which means it gets focused on. Doesn't help most people view German BB's as being the best ships to fire HE shells at. And if you go full secondary spec on the German BB, which is the only worthwhile reason to play it. Then you basically have no fire prevention making matters worse.

If you want a BB at T10 for secondary guns, I would go with the Repub instead. At least that can shoot 26k with main guns to stay out trouble better and still has 11k on secondary guns like the German T10 BB. It may not have the same pen with them on the French BB, but they are still pretty good for starting fires using them from 11k. The German T10 BB lacks shooting range with 21k on main guns playing at T10 and why it's such an HE magnet. Bad concealment, shortish range main guns, huge target. Not a good combo

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this