You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Bulletin 0.9.0

155 comments in this topic

Players
172 posts

So the PR fiasco wasnt enough and now you want to gate the Legendary upgrades behind the "oh so beloved" RB ... whats the matter? people arent spending money for FXP?

<Insert expletive here> this.

• Cool 24

[R3B3L]
Players
833 posts
27,890 battles

Two weeks ago i requested (and got) my ARP-ships back to snitch several thousand snowflake-coal from them - and now they even get improved income - nice:Smile_great:

The early-access-thing is here to stay, hm? Ok, we get used to it. I look forward to new cruisers from the island :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
2,022 posts
7,718 battles

The ability to get camo benefits without having to look at them is fantastic.

Kobayashi camo's will never offend my eyes again.

• Cool 5

[TTT]
Players
2,056 posts
20,307 battles

The biggest problem the community and CCs had with the NTC were the absurdly strong upgrades for ships you could get for a lot of grinding or just paying for free XP a.k.a. pay to win. You scrap that and introduce the RB with ships as rewards. Now you want to introduce (strong) upgrades for ships via RB. Edit*

If you ever make it possible to buy upgrades for cash I'm out. You might as well introduce premium ammo while you are at it, these two are the same.

• Cool 19

Players
3 posts
442 battles

no ... just NO with the legendaries to the research bureau: "you want to make your T10 better? time to regrind the ship you just bought" ... How is that rewarding? I'd rather have harder missions that don't expire than having to reset a ship line, the RB is complete garbage anyway.

• Cool 7

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,296 posts
13,870 battles
51 minutes ago, WWDragon said:

So the PR fiasco wasnt enough and now you want to gate the Legendary upgrades behind the "oh so beloved" RB ... whats the matter? people arent spending money for FXP?

<Insert expletive here> this.

We already talked about this potential move when we announced the reworked Research Bureau about what other content we might offer through this feature - you still have 3 months to finish the upgrades if you want to get them through the mission chains.

37 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

The biggest problem the community and CCs had with the NTC were the absurdly strong upgrades for ships you could get for a lot of grinding or just paying for free XP a.k.a. pay to win. You scrap that and introduce the RB with ships as rewards. Now you want to introduce (strong) upgrades for ships via RB. Edit*

If you ever make it possible to buy upgrades for cash I'm out. You might as well introduce premium ammo while you are at it, these two are the same.

Please tune it down a bit and adhere to the forum rules. There is a significant difference between giving flat out bonuses as the original design and upgrades that offer trade-offs - and for both current missions and future RB presence you need to grind a lot - yes you can use freeXP if you think it's worth it.

38 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

The ability to get camo benefits without having to look at them is fantastic.

Kobayashi camo's will never offend my eyes again.

Great to hear that you like it - it's something we added due to popular demand but it took a while :Smile_honoring:

Greetings, Crysantos

• Funny 1
  • Bad 32
  • Angry 6

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,016 posts
22,015 battles

They still haven't fixed the PR fiasco and they're throwing away new stuff that noone has asked for....

• Cool 11

Players
4,002 posts
3,353 battles
7 minutes ago, GrossadmiralThrawn said:

Why do i get the Feeling that the "new and improved" Legendary Modules will all  be straight Upgrades rather than currently, where we have some of them being trade Offs?

Oh yeah, becuase that was the original NTC Idea... now you just hide it underneath a few layers of dirt. Masking it with the already established legendary modules while instead of them being simply "added passive buffs" they are modules with said buffs...

though to be fair, bringin the Legendary Modules in line with each other in Terms of usefulness could be a nice idea. Despite not having unlocked any of them (Tier X ain't my favourite) some simply seem to be much more useful (or if not much more useful, then AS Useful with less drawbacks) then others.

• Cool 4

[WTFNO]
Players
550 posts
9,245 battles

Freaking research bureau for unique upgrades...

You guys could not even wait for your current mess to settle down before lighting the new fire.

Impressive

• Cool 24
  • Bad 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,172 battles

WOW, just WOW.

So you will lock the legendary updated behind the Research Bureau that everyone hates?

How on earth was that considered as a good idea!??

What happened to the ones who are in the middle of getting the legendary upgrade for a T10 ship? They will lose all progress done in the last months or longer?

Do you realize that all updates you make is to take more and more money from players, not to make the game better or improve players' experience!??

:etc_swear:

• Cool 8

[VENOM]
Players
154 posts
4,124 battles

Like, this bulletin would be perfect, but you managed to make it bad with the last paragraph on legendary upgrades to RB...you haven't made enough bad decisions, just keep going on... 

• Cool 6

[SCRUB]
Players
3,888 posts
12 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

We already talked about this potential move when we announced the reworked Research Bureau about what other content we might offer through this feature - you still have 3 months to finish the upgrades if you want to get them through the mission chains.

Please tune it down a bit and adhere to the forum rules. There is a significant difference between giving flat out bonuses as the original design and upgrades that offer trade-offs - and for both current missions and future RB presence you need to grind a lot - yes you can use freeXP if you think it's worth it.

Great to hear that you like it - it's something we added due to popular demand but it took a while :Smile_honoring:

Greetings, Crysantos

Apparently you guys forgot already that we don't want upgrades that give apparent edge over others in game hidden behind your "research bureau".

You agreed (and so did community) that Reward Ships are good enough rewards for HC players that regrind.... but modules/upgrades .... well .... that is another story.

Do not act surprised when you guys are gonna be handling another revolt  :)

• Cool 24

Players
172 posts
8 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Sure, I have ... about 200k FXP so unless I dump Gold for the 1m XP that is spread around my Premiums ... no, I dont because my option is spend about 40k gold to unlock a single tier T10 and THEN I have said 3 months (not really because back to back events/directives) to get that single upgrade.

Research Bureau seems to me to be designed entirely about making people spend money for FXP, I guess with this "move" its not working well now is it? All you people are doing is devaluing the T10 ships because why bother? As far I and most players are concerned the Research Bureau is a non-entity and by doing this I am far less inclined to bother with T10 ships at all since all they do is another wallet attempt.

• Cool 3

Players
4,002 posts
3,353 battles
1 minute ago, WWDragon said:

Research Bureau seems to me to be designed entirely about making people spend money for FXP,

It is... many Players have "too much" FXP saved up (or are saving up for potential other FXP Prems on Tier IX, like me), so WG is thinking "hmm those Folks should fork over dubloons to convert their saved up XP into FX... but they aren't doing it... we Need to bleed their FXP stocks dry!"

• Cool 1

Players
805 posts
11,163 battles

My current plan on further WoWs development: Finish lines, then slowly but steadily get the legendary upgrades.

My plan after march 2020: Finish lines, then just drop by from time to time if there's something worth my time.

Thx very much, that's more precious time for other games. :Smile_great:

• Cool 4

[POI--]
Players
1,136 posts
9,153 battles

from reddit:

Spoiler

Unbenannt.thumb.png.87cf6608e5037d4d1bb8064e1fd0a976.png

but thb. guys come on. Why should the community want a feature back that was already hated it does not make any sense...

[KAKE]
Players
2,468 posts
5,752 battles
30 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Or, you know, you could just leave the existing missions as they are, and make the research bureau an alternative option.

As I said in the thread in the development forum, what is it with the developers seemingly doing everything they can to make the game frustrating and irritating for the more casual players, while simultaneously trying their level best to burn out the enthusiasts? What on earth is this supposed to accomplish? Even the most hardcore players are probably going to get bored of regrinding again and again, while making things inaccessible to the more casual players is just going to make them feel unwelcome and stop playing.

I'm not going to reset lines, because I don't have that kind of time to play. All this is accomplishing is making players like me feel less and less welcome, and face it, you need the casual players as well to keep the servers populated. Alienating a large proportion of the player base just to wring a bit more out of the small hardcore fanbase is not going to do the game any good neither in terms of longevity nor financially.

• Cool 15

[TTT]
Players
2,056 posts
20,307 battles
36 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

There is a significant difference between giving flat out bonuses as the original design and upgrades that offer trade-offs - and for both current missions and future RB presence you need to grind a lot - yes you can use freeXP if you think it's worth it.

How is Yamato, Zao, Moskva, DM etc. legendary a trade-off? How is YY upgrade a trade-off? It's trash. You have to grind a lot less for these missions than for the RB and you have to grind the actual ship the mod is for and not some tier 6.

Well, if the last part is true I won't have to worry about that and you about me so it's a win-win I guess.

Players
4,002 posts
3,353 battles
4 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

How is Yamato, Zao, Moskva, DM etc. legendary a trade-off? How is YY upgrade a trade-off? It's trash. You have to grind a lot less for these missions than for the RB and you have to grind the actual ship the mod is for and not some tier 6.

Well, if the last part is true I won't have to worry about that and you about me so it's a win-win I guess.

also: Who knows what they will put in there in the future? For now it's just the "old" Legendary Upgrades. Maybe future Legendary Upgrades (maybe they'll also add additional Upgrades to ships that already have them) won't be a trade-off or anything. Or they will synergize with the old Upgrades to Level out the drawbacks and/or buff them so much it ain't funny anymore.