You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tanatoy

Unique upgrades

81 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff, Administrator, Community, WG Team
4,664 posts
3,945 battles

As the opening move towards changing Unique Upgrades as we promised, we'll update the way in which they are obtained. With the release of Update 0.9.2, Unique Upgrades will appear in the Armory's Research Bureau. The combat missions and challenges to get Unique Upgrades will change, too.

• Combat missions to get Unique Upgrades can be obtained until the release date of Update 0.9.1 (February 12-13, 2020)
  • Any missions already obtained will expire on the release date of Update 0.9.2 (March 11-12, 2020)

We’re going to revamp the existing upgrades and add new ones in future. Stay tuned for more news!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 42
  • Angry 9

Players
272 posts
16,829 battles

I would prefer to get more precise info ASAP, as I have several UU missions chains opened and will have to prioritize which ones to complete before the deadline.

[-I-N-]
Beta Tester
909 posts
14,543 battles

"We have a Puerto Rico crap storm at hand, and people were furious about the research bureau, back than called NTC; to include ship upgrades"
"I have an Idea - how about we make legendary modules available in research bureau, and cancel ongoing missions which have not be completed"

"genius"

This post contains sarcasm

for the love of god, don't start any further crap storms

• Cool 14

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,628 posts
20,492 battles

Oooh, NTC 2.0 through the back door. With an extra serving of customer unfriendliness with the time out.

Slow clap WG, you really know how to remind your customers you don't care.

• Cool 8

[ST-EU]
Players
156 posts
4,359 battles

No, just no...the current system is fine, why changing it and forcing us to go through the Reseach Bureau to get them, why?!

It's also counter intuitive, now a person could play another line and get an upgrade for a ship that he might haven't played at all...if you don't add restrictions.

And additionally, why put an expiration date on the already obtained missions?! 

• Cool 3

[SHAFT]
Players
10,364 posts
9,122 battles
26 minutes ago, Tanatoy said:

With the release of Update 0.9.2, Unique Upgrades will appear in the Armory's Research Bureau.

giphy.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,597 posts
13,969 battles

Please tell the people in charge to stop.

We did not want NTC the first time, you cannot just revamp unique upgrades into your NTC concept upgrades and add them as rewards for RB and think that we are too stupid to see past that.

Just fix the current lego mods and add new ones, stop trying to make people regrind lines over and over AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

• Cool 18

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,660 posts
10,193 battles

At best this could be just a simple transfer of LU's into RB, but at worst NTC boosts in different wrapping, hoping we can't see through the smoke and mirrors. Now we just wait for more info, to see if devs once more open the pandora's box.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and grab some popcorn :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 2

Players
4,003 posts
3,375 battles

Why do i get the Feeling that the "new and improved" Legendary Modules will all  be straight Upgrades rather than currently, where we have some of them being trade Offs?

Oh yeah, becuase that was the original NTC Idea... now you just hide it underneath a few layers of dirt. Masking it with the already established legendary modules while instead of them being simply "added passive buffs" they are modules with said buffs...

• Cool 9

[WGP2L]
Players
1,145 posts
10,067 battles

At this point i really can only answer those.....great ideas with memes nothing else what you can say about that.
Just rework the legendary modules and add new ones for the remaining T10 IS THIS SO HARD ?
But let's see we didn't had 2 Shitstorms at the same time for long i guess. You just will shot yourself in the knee with this ... again....
Can't wait for a more drastic decline of the playerbase, because of WG great ideas...to "improve" the game

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,597 posts
13,969 battles

I cant wait to add finishing my remaining lego mods before March to the list of things to grind right now.

image.thumb.png.9fa02d799b47d173cdfd31a858aa1e5d.png

• Cool 2

[KAKE]
Players
2,665 posts
6,400 battles

Stop breaking the game for people who don't have all the time in the world to play!

The current method of getting them works as it is. Fix the things that are broken, not the ones which aren't.

That said, how much are people willing to bet that this is just something they throw up for people to be outraged at so they deflect anger from the Puerto Rico event?

• Cool 21

[KAKE]
Players
2,665 posts
6,400 battles

That said, what is it with the developers seemingly doing everything they can to make the game frustrating and irritating for the more casual players, while simultaneously trying their level best to burn out the enthusiasts? What on earth is this supposed to accomplish? Even the most hardcore players are probably going to get bored of regrinding again and again, while making things inaccessible to the more casual players is just going to make them feel unwelcome and stop playing.

• Cool 7

Players
572 posts
21,704 battles

So the statement you made with their introduction, that these missions are not time limited, was also a lie...what a surprise.

• Cool 6

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

If you're really that hell-bent on breaking the game and the community: just unplug the servers. Saves you some CO² as well, Greta will be grateful.

• Cool 14

Players
5,979 posts
11,667 battles
1 hour ago, Tanatoy said:

As the opening move towards changing Unique Upgrades as we promised, we'll update the way in which they are obtained. With the release of Update 0.9.2, Unique Upgrades will appear in the Armory's Research Bureau. The combat missions and challenges to get Unique Upgrades will change, too.

• Combat missions to get Unique Upgrades can be obtained until the release date of Update 0.9.1 (February 12-13, 2020)
  • Any missions already obtained will expire on the release date of Update 0.9.2 (March 11-12, 2020)

We’re going to revamp the existing upgrades and add new ones in future. Stay tuned for more news!

Have you gone mad?!?!?

EDIT:

I just posted this

18 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Have they gone mad?!?!??!?

13 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I am looking at the NTC.

Now we got the PR disaster.

And now their idea is THIS?!?!?!?!?

Is this for real???

I am seriously pissed off right now! I wanted to stay because I like my clanmembers so much, but if this keeps up, it will not be worth the commitment for me anymore, this game already eats so much time and effort as it is. Who the hell keeps coming up with outrageous ideas like these?????

8 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Possibly. But having a total monopoly did not stop me from abandoning WoT and there's plenty of ex-WoT players playing WoWS now, but apparently they don't care or something.

I think I am going to seriously reconsider some things. I don't feel like I understand this game anymore.

Players
19 posts
13,190 battles

First, Research Bureau (NTC), then Puerto Rico event and now this. You really want your old players to quit playing dont you? Let me tell you this. I decided not to buy anything in the premium shop after seeing PR event. Now you made it even worse and made me want to quit game for good. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,645 posts
24,370 battles

ffs stop tryin to incentivify anyone to regrind whole lines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Edit* (language please), honestly!... f.e. make research points part of ship progression AFTER it got unlocked. but to hell with regrinding whole lines......... REALLY.....:etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear:

&%&($/($%E&"§$&($

• Cool 4

[GOON]
Beta Tester
111 posts
4,010 battles

Just be honest with me, guys: is this a bet? Are you making the dumbest possible decisions constantly on purpose? Or are you genuinely this far out of touch with your player base?

This is a horrible [edited]idea!

[PANEU]
Players
933 posts
2,214 battles
Vor 7 Minuten, soralapio sagte:

Just be honest with me, guys: is this a bet? Are you making the dumbest possible decisions constantly on purpose? Or are you genuinely this far out of touch with your player base?

This is a horrible [edited]idea!

I think they want to execute the game. Any last words? 

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles

Wargaming, if you do this you'll never have another euro from me and I'll never come back to the game again.

The 1st community outrage after the announcement of NTC was because it forced people to regrind lines to obtain combat advantages.

Now this with legendary upgrade? The core if the problem stays the same.

Do you think we're idiots with a fish-like memory?

You better go back and cancel that update.

• Cool 4