You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Takethatyoubeast

Ok, this is getting dull.....

22 comments in this topic

Players
118 posts
3,800 battles

3rd game in a row where I am top XP earner, 3rd game in a row where I was lowest tier 

Game prior to this, had 5 ships one side of the map behind an island camping, and the other half the other side of map behind island 

If you don't want to play the game, please don't play the game. I don't want you to YOLO but Tier IX ships sitting at the back is getting really dull 

Come on, join the fun 

Dull.JPG

• Cool 8
  • Funny 2

Players
114 posts
170 battles

If you are bottom tier you get base exp bonuses for damaging higher tier ships. It's not unusual to reach a high position on the exp board because of that.

Losses happen. Your next games will get better.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
27,259 posts
14,525 battles
5 minutes ago, Imuya_Umi said:

If you are bottom tier you get base exp bonuses for damaging higher tier ships. It's not unusual to reach a high position on the exp board because of that.

That is true. But higher Tiers ships still get more base XP than lower Tier ships.

• Cool 2

Players
118 posts
3,800 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

That is true. But higher Tiers ships still get more base XP than lower Tier ships.

Also, too many games are filled with campers now. That's not why I want to play the game. I've already cut the time down which is a shame as it is a great game but if top tier ships just sit back and snipe then it makes the game less fun 

• Cool 2

Players
1,773 posts
18,925 battles

Sadly its something we all see all too often, yes there is a line that if you cross it is suicidal insanity but there is also measured aggression something that is sorely lacking. 

WG has sometimes made half hearted efforts to encourage aggressive gameplay but its never been a major priority for them, and I doubt you could ever really change a lot of players thinking in this regard.

Sadly in the game just as in real life Buzz is correct when he says:

stupid people.jpg

Players
346 posts
8,599 battles

Today, I lost 10 out of 12 ranked games on my main, which cost me 2 stars.

You just can't win with 5+ Players on your team who average 42% win.

One GK hid behind an Island and lost at full HP after TKing me (shot at him once out of frustration).

BRB taking one cap and killing one enemy DD just to find half of my team gone and the other half camping at the map border.

Welcome to WoWs and its world class player base.

Players
1,809 posts
15,366 battles
2 minutes ago, Zerstoeroer said:

You just can't win with 5+ Players on your team who average 42% win.

One GK hid behind an Island and lost at full HP after TKing me (shot at him once out of frustration).

BRB taking one cap and killing one enemy DD just to find half of my team gone and the other half camping at the map border.

Welcome to WoWs and its world class player base.

ThEy JuSt PlAy FoR FuN

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,036 posts
11,131 battles

Its Counterstrike with ships. Hide behind rock or island, peek out, shoot, duck back into cover. Its all "they" know. Ingrained behaviour.

Players
3,428 posts
14,187 battles
1 hour ago, Takethatyoubeast said:

3rd game in a row where I am top XP earner, 3rd game in a row where I was lowest tier 

Game prior to this, had 5 ships one side of the map behind an island camping, and the other half the other side of map behind island 

If you don't want to play the game, please don't play the game. I don't want you to YOLO but Tier IX ships sitting at the back is getting really dull 

Come on, join the fun 

Dull.JPG

6C46003F-02F4-4957-9B9B-743F6A46F4AC.thumb.jpeg.5cb6b6f59ae5e47adc980d3fb3e9db2c.jpeg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
1,809 posts
15,366 battles

I normally find coop quite boring, but given the amount of ships I have I found grinding snowflakes in it was the fastest, most efficient method. One battle literally played out like a bad random one for the first three minutes. 3 dd's on my team, all dead in the first minute and a half. Imagine the fun of getting these guys on your team in randoms...

Players
118 posts
3,800 battles
2 hours ago, Captain_Newman said:

I normally find coop quite boring, but given the amount of ships I have I found grinding snowflakes in it was the fastest, most efficient method. One battle literally played out like a bad random one for the first three minutes. 3 dd's on my team, all dead in the first minute and a half. Imagine the fun of getting these guys on your team in randoms...

Wowzers.....

IMHO it is getting worse. I have over 6,000 battles on the EU and NA server and in no way do I claim to be any better than average but some of the game play is just so bad now it’s killing the game 

I’d rather have bots on my team 

• Cool 2

Players
648 posts

Bismarck games are from last night and the Chappy game is from just now.

Friendly Tirpitz B trailed me like a hyeena, ffs man you have an awesome pushing machine why are you hiding behind a light cruiser?

own team is worst enemy.jpg

Players
10,087 posts
11,852 battles
6 hours ago, TheBrut3 said:

Skill based matchmaking.... The dream!:cat_cool:

And eternal queue times because MM can't just make a battle out of three blokes

[-LA-]
Players
685 posts
5,118 battles
8 hours ago, Imuya_Umi said:

Thing is i think the odds are stacked against that . People do not play the way they do in a vacuum , those high tier back campers are not doing it withouot reason.

the game encourages and rewards the hide camp spam runaway meta.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,931 posts
20,580 battles
10 hours ago, Zerstoeroer said:

I needed exactly three battles to reach my goal in this ranked season - rank 15, for the flag.. - which astounded me lots. But I had the luck to get three non-potato teams in a row, doing what had to be done to win the battles... really weird...

And today in 6 random battles I managed to get five wins - with some help in two battles, due to getting sunk early - which astounded me also quite a bit.

WoWs S&N says I have a 61% winrate over the last 21 days / 136 random solo battles and even 71% in the last 7 days / 14 random solo battles... Rest was 100% winrate for shaking off snoflaked in CoOp...

So, OP, RNGesus giveth and RNGesus taketh... sometime you're the statue, sometimes you're the pigeon...

There will come better times...

some day...

maybe...

or not.

[-TCP-]
Players
219 posts
14 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I needed exactly three battles to reach my goal in this ranked season - rank 15, for the flag.. - which astounded me lots. But I had the luck to get three non-potato teams in a row, doing what had to be done to win the battles... really weird...

And today in 6 random battles I managed to get five wins - with some help in two battles, due to getting sunk early - which astounded me also quite a bit.

WoWs S&N says I have a 61% winrate over the last 21 days / 136 random solo battles and even 71% in the last 7 days / 14 random solo battles... Rest was 100% winrate for shaking off snoflaked in CoOp...

So, OP, RNGesus giveth and RNGesus taketh... sometime you're the statue, sometimes you're the pigeon...

There will come better times...

some day...

maybe...

or not.

What did you do differently in those winning matches? Did you play differently or look at mini-map? This is what I look for, when winning what was different from potatoing? Its helped me a lot these past few weeks.

Beta Tester
4,931 posts
20,580 battles
41 minutes ago, TruePhoenix said:

What did you do differently in those winning matches? Did you play differently or look at mini-map? This is what I look for, when winning what was different from potatoing? Its helped me a lot these past few weeks.

I wouldn't say I did anything different... just got lucky with the teams. Seems these times I got the better players and the potatoes ended up on the other side.

One or two of them battles were not slaughters though...

All in all I played rather average... I already had losing streaks where I had a lot better battles looking at damage done, ships sunk and PR - like OP ending up among the top 3 of the losing team, and still not able to keep the teammates from throwing away the game..

So for me winning or losing streaks are just because of pure luck...

[-TCP-]
Players
219 posts
23 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I wouldn't say I did anything different... just got lucky with the teams. Seems these times I got the better players and the potatoes ended up on the other side.

One or two of them battles were not slaughters though...

All in all I played rather average... I already had losing streaks where I had a lot better battles looking at damage done, ships sunk and PR - like OP ending up among the top 3 of the losing team, and still not able to keep the teammates from throwing away the game..

So for me winning or losing streaks are just because of pure luck...

There is a large element about who you end up with as to the result you get. Individuals do not make a team just because they are put together.

I'm a learning potato, I got it all wrong, WR 42% and dropping, couldn't get into the action without getting mullered and having to retreat, yoloing, bad positioning etc, good team or bad. I play random almost exclusively. 

First thing I did was stop offering broadside for a shot at the enemy,

Second, became aware that the team isn't a team, its a bunch with their own agendas.

Third, recognise those who play for others and those that don't.

Fourth - most important. I asked for help. I wasn't enjoying the game and it was getting worse. I couldn't change it no matter what I did.

Fifth - the response to my call for help. Outstanding. With their advice I started to change my game. I don't listen to the moaners in chat, I don't yolo / push, I don't try to save the day. I target and damage, I support others, I manoeuvre, I radar, I use acoustics. I think about my mods, signals and all that.  

I mini map watch

I angle

I pick my targets

I exploit the advantages of my ship

I don't offer broad side (mostly....)

I team up, even without any communication, with a player that knows what he/she is doing

I switch ammo as best I can

I adjust speed

I ignore trolls

I keep checking the mini map

I'm learning to blind fire

I do not obsess with stats

I feel no shame in kiting with HE

I'm learning when to push

I watch for advantages on the mini map

Some CC can cit at long range and cit BB's at under 10k. Know your ship.

Did I mention positioning and the mini map?

I've gone from 44 to 46% WR in 6 weeks. Still a potato but learning all the time. Does it always go well? No. Do I still have bad teams? Yes. Do I now do 60-80k dmg in a bad team whilst floating a CC, yes. Do I use my dmg control etc better, damn right I do. Has my dmg average climbed? Oh yeah.

Hope this helps. Check out "chronicles of potato" thread for the advice I received. 

Good luck.

PS check out igamer utube videos, they have excellent tips, including things like armour / HE / AP and angling and whole bunch of other stuff. Remember islands are for cover, not camping :-)

• Cool 2

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
On 12/17/2019 at 2:06 PM, Takethatyoubeast said:

Also, too many games are filled with campers now. That's not why I want to play the game. I've already cut the time down which is a shame as it is a great game but if top tier ships just sit back and snipe then it makes the game less fun 

I hate campers.... aka Snipers.... but the worst camper are the one that actively hide and avoid a fight.

Beta Tester
4,931 posts
20,580 battles
17 hours ago, TruePhoenix said:

Hope this helps. ...

Good luck.

PS check out igamer utube videos, they have excellent tips, including things like armour / HE / AP and angling and whole bunch of other stuff. Remember islands are for cover, not camping

Hmmm... 17k battles - solo - done after beta. Couple more done during beta...

55% solo winrate..

I don't expect any amount of tips or watching videos will help to make me a better player ^^

Especially as I don't bother about this game that much anymore. It's a nice way to spend time, usually, and good for raising my blood pressure at other times...