You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Newman

Dear Mods, kindly stop locking topics for no reason.

16 comments in this topic

Players
1,841 posts
15,458 battles

I mean, this did really need a lock, for example?

So, we can't even have a thread that jokes around with what we could do with the money that'd be needed for the PR grind? Locking it will improve the situation how exactly? I've noticed you guys being pretty trigger happy with these locks, ofc not all are unwarranted, but some are just getting silly. Nobody was being abusive or rude, people were letting out steam in a fairly peaceful and non insulting way, joking around and relaxing, so could you kindly cut the absolutely unnecessary lock fiesta out? It's getting pretty annoying. Unless, of course, feedback on moderation practices is also "not constructive" and warrants a lock in and of itself? I guess we'll find out, won't we..

• Cool 9
  • Angry 1

Players
103 posts
4,616 battles
6 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

I mean, this did really need a lock, for example?

So, we can't even have a thread that jokes around with what we could do with the money that'd be needed for the PR grind? Locking it will improve the situation how exactly? I've noticed you guys being pretty trigger happy with these locks, ofc not all are unwarranted, but some are just getting silly. Nobody was being abusive or rude, people were letting out steam in a fairly peaceful and non insulting way, joking around and relaxing, so could you kindly cut the absolutely unnecessary lock fiesta out? It's getting pretty annoying. Unless, of course, feedback on moderation practices is also "not constructive" and warrants a lock in and of itself? I guess we'll find out, won't we..

noticed that

censorship?

Guess that's why many have to  resort.to reddit ?

• Cool 1

Players
1,841 posts
15,458 battles
2 minutes ago, SamuraiShakaViking said:

noticed that

censorship?

Guess that's why many have to  resort.to reddit ?

I mean, I'm sure they'd say they're just "reducing the clutter" and "locking non constructive topics", but especially following the PR disaster that is the.. well, PR.. nobody will see it as anything but censorship. This isn't doing any favors to WG, a company that has a lot of work ahead if they want to restore their credibility. Just my opinion.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,022 posts
6,837 battles

In before The Lock

Mods don't like having their decisions discussed so this thread will get locked soon.

• Cool 1

Players
1,841 posts
15,458 battles
2 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

In before The Lock

Mods don't like having their decisions discussed so this thread will get locked soon.

We'll see. If they do that, they're just proving my point, really.

Alpha Tester
3,022 posts
11,809 battles

I suspect they're policing the forums a little more than normal to try limit the stink about the PR fiasco? Guess the best way for them to get rid of a problem is to remove those who are protesting that there is a problem or remove the ability to protest....if a trees falls in a forest and noone is there to see it fall, does it make a sound? blah blah

[-IAN-]
Players
2,022 posts
6,837 battles

I should have said - Its a forum rule not to discuss Mod decisions which is why this'll be locked, for "rule breaking" :Smile_facepalm:

[GWR]
Players
492 posts
8,707 battles

i had a post edited because i used a name of a guy called [edited] Lord, yeah that guy who was instrumental in the development of America's Top Gun program and was a Fleet Air Arm pilot....i didn't know whether to laugh or cry

Edit so it automatically stops the word [edited] but his name wasn't Richard.......brilliant

• Funny 1

Alpha Tester
3,022 posts
11,809 battles
Just now, Imuya_Umi said:

Discussing moderation is against the forum rules.

You agreed to uphold them and now you are violating them.

13 posts and 109 battles and not at all suspicious

6,235 posts
10,704 battles
8 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Exactly this:

Do not discuss moderation and sanctions

• Read our Forum Rules to understand why your post was moderated

So this is why this thread gets a lock.

However: We understand that there's lots to discuss about the PR. Heck, I myself am pretty active in a few topics about it in both sections that I roam in. I'll get back together with my fellow mods and discuss how a bit more leeway on PR threads could be maintained without a) breaking the rules and b) without annoying those users that don't want to be bothered with too much of the same stuff (as it was back in 0.8.0 when CV rework hit and after one or two weeks people complained about too many CV topics).

@Captain_Newman If you think I misunderstood your intentions OR want anything more to add, I can offer you to contact me via PN and I try to forward that as well into our mod discussion!

And in case you have general questions about the rules, please feel free to contact Tanatoy.

Thread closed.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Angry 1