You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

Huanghe

37 comments in this topic

[L4GG]
Players
3,314 posts
10,929 battles

Yes, I know the following was made in co-op

Yes, I know that last BB could had killed me many times over.

Yes, I know this was just A game.

20191217_111848_PZSC506-Huang-he_42_Neighbors.wowsreplay

shot-19_12.17_11_37.17-0645.thumb.jpg.a292556a45927c39db2256338c82f856.jpg

568523933_huange1.thumb.jpg.dd89e6526ca8aca893c9bcbbff35aa8f.jpg1210595921_huange2.thumb.jpg.6b34a03b5f5045a843974a846e7f8fae.jpg

Î never liked Huang he

Practically no armour, pea shooters for guns, and overall meh.

But I was surprised how easy it was, even when I compare with other co-ops games I did with it.

The thing is...

Instead of unlocking a fremium ship I'm thinking of unlocking Leander and Fiji.

and all I know is that Huang He is a Leander with less a turret and with moving smoke.

which are other similarities and differences between them?

I already know if I ask for recommendations for a similar ship you will answer Perth. (another Leander with moving smoke)

please advice.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,293 posts
24,441 battles
25 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

Get Leander and Fiji, both are good.

I also liked Edinburgh, but many do not. 

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,096 posts
22,156 battles

Most important difference is that Huang He is able to shoot HE and get fires, also it has fewer torpedos than Leander (same range tho).:cap_old:

[-IAN-]
Players
2,026 posts
6,870 battles

Love the Huange in Co--Op!

130mm Ru DD guns so AP at broadsides is awesome, rolling smoke to get close and torp reload booster for extra "Surprise MF!!!!" moments!

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,293 posts
24,441 battles

Frankly, Leander, Huanghe, Perth and Fiji are monsters in Operations. It s not worth to play them in Co-op. 

• Cool 2

[ALONE]
Modder
2,210 posts
13,814 battles

Yes, get Leander and pirate with her in Aegis.

Know where the bots show you broadsides and park there in smoke.

Earn massive damage and XP. :Smile_great:

• Cool 2

[SLUG]
Players
80 posts
9,821 battles

Huanghe has better AA than the Leander, plus HE. Crawling smoke, too. 

Leander has faster turret turning, more guns, and single-firing torps. 

When you are up-tiered, Leander can struggle against BBs at distance but Huanghe has HE.

• Cool 1

[-LD-]
Players
221 posts
8,596 battles

Huanghe is always coming up as a bad ship - but really it isn't.

She has possible the best cruiser concealment, crawling smoke, hydro and decent AA. It is a DD murderer at caps, can cap too, once enemy DDs are taken out she can be played as a de facto DD.

One of my favorite ships.

• Cool 3

Players
1,875 posts
15,495 battles

I have spent years not owning the Huanghe, and listening to how horrible she is. Then I dropped her this christmas.

There is nothing wrong with that ship. I'd even say she's pretty strong if top tier, yes, only 6 rifles but I find they work fairly well.. plus you get smoke, hydro, very decent torps and AA. It might not be the top dog in it's tier, but it's most definitely not weak.

Players
8,406 posts
9,218 battles
41 minutes ago, slugford said:

When you are up-tiered, Leander can struggle against BBs at distance but Huanghe has HE.

Not like Leander has any range to worry about anyway.

Also worth noting, Huanghe has Russian guns with better shell velocity and AP pen. Kind of like Budyonny. Not the British ones.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,645 posts
24,394 battles

.... get ifhe and the legendary panasian commander with improved demo expert.... njoy, u're welcome

on a note:

also turns irian into a monster as off yet 4 me :Smile_great:

[-LD-]
Players
221 posts
8,596 battles
42 minutes ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

Not like Leander has any range to worry about anyway.

Also worth noting, Huanghe has Russian guns with better shell velocity and AP pen. Kind of like Budyonny. Not the British ones.

This why it citadels other broadside cruisers so easily, especially up close? I think I had matches when I collected ~20 ribbons. :)

Players
8,406 posts
9,218 battles
2 minutes ago, optimal_909 said:

This why it citadels other broadside cruisers so easily, especially up close? I think I had matches when I collected ~20 ribbons. :)

Yes, but even at some range, you citpen these mid-tier cruisers easily. The quality of the guns is supposed to make up for the lack of quantity, so they are for the most part better in AP and HE performance than the Perth, which is basically a modified Leander with Leander guns that fire normal AP and HE.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,195 posts
3,662 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Newman said:

I have spent years not owning the Huanghe, and listening to how horrible she is. Then I dropped her this christmas.

There is nothing wrong with that ship. I'd even say she's pretty strong if top tier, yes, only 6 rifles but I find they work fairly well.. plus you get smoke, hydro, very decent torps and AA. It might not be the top dog in it's tier, but it's most definitely not weak.

The thing that makes the Huanghe stand out the most from the Perth, in my opinion, is that she has noticeably stronger AA. If i don't specifically have to clear the skies of every plane that comes close, though, I'd rather go with either the Perth or the Leander.

The most puzzling thing about the Hunaghe, in my opinion, is that she has only one spread option available for her torpedoes. Since the Perth and the Leander are both overall stronger ships in all but AA, I can see no reason whatsoever to gimp the Huanghe's torpedo armament in this way. It's as if Wargaming sat down and thought, what could we do to this ship that will be truly unique while at the same having next to no impact on her in-game performance? It's not a great drawback or anything, it's just... weird.

[-LD-]
Players
221 posts
8,596 battles
1 hour ago, Procrastes said:

The thing that makes the Huanghe stand out the most from the Perth, in my opinion, is that she has noticeably stronger AA. If i don't specifically have to clear the skies of every plane that comes close, though, I'd rather go with either the Perth or the Leander.

The most puzzling thing about the Hunaghe, in my opinion, is that she has only one spread option available for her torpedoes. Since the Perth and the Leander are both overall stronger ships in all but AA, I can see no reason whatsoever to gimp the Huanghe's torpedo armament in this way. It's as if Wargaming sat down and thought, what could we do to this ship that will be truly unique while at the same having next to no impact on her in-game performance? It's not a great drawback or anything, it's just... weird.

Plus has better concealment, better reload time, I think also faster rudder shift (unsure) and as stated above better shells. While Perth has planes, in a typical smoke-up situation those planes get AA'd pretty quickly, and reload time on the spotter is dreadful too.

I prefer the Huanghe, even if only slightly...

Beta Tester
3,195 posts
3,662 battles
1 hour ago, optimal_909 said:

Plus has better concealment, better reload time, I think also faster rudder shift (unsure) and as stated above better shells. While Perth has planes, in a typical smoke-up situation those planes get AA'd pretty quickly, and reload time on the spotter is dreadful too.

I prefer the Huanghe, even if only slightly...

The Huanghe has better concealment than the Perth? Yes, now that you mention it, I believe you are correct. How much better? It can't be all that much; the Perth is quite the little ninja cruiser!

I would say that better reload and better shells would have to be a lot better, to compensate for the fact that the Huanghe has two less guns than the Leander and the Perth. But perhaps they are? I tend to regard the Perth and the Leander as being smack in the middle of the pack when it comes to tier VI light cruiser main guns firepower. The De Grasse and the Nürnberg, for example, are clearly stronger, while the Duca D'Aosta is clearly weaker. I would have placed the Huanghe slightly above the  the Duca D'Aosta in this regard, but perhaps I have been underestimating her?

As for the planes, I would advice you to not underestimate the little Walrus floatplane on board the Perth. It allows her to effectively spot and see out of her own smoke, which adds a lot to her versatility and self-sufficiency! Not to mention that said floatplane also has a longer flight time than the norm, which goes well together with her long-lasting, moving smoke screen. Sure, the plane might be shot down, but then again, it might not. A very useful combination of consumables, if you ask me!

And then we have the torpedoes. The Perth has an excellent torpedo armament, and the Leander doesn't come far behind. Unlike the Huanghe, both of them can fire single shot as well as a narrow spread, which can be useful in many situations - not least if someone tries to rush your smoke.

And to conclude, the Perth is the only cruiser in World of Warships that has koalas.* Go to the port view; you can usually find one of the little buggers perched quite high up, not too far from one of the AA guns, hugging the mast.** 

Please note that I am not saying that the Huanghe is a bad ship. On the contrary, I am happy to hear someone lauding her virtues, since she - much like the Perth, for some strange reason - tends to get overlooked by a lot of players. Both are fun and in their respective way unique ships, that bring a lot of flavour to the game!

* Or possibly drop bears. In which case I pity any boarding crew unfortunate enough to try their luck against the Perth.

** Let's be polite and assume that that's what he's doing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drop_bear

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles
5 hours ago, 22cm said:

I also liked Edinburgh, but many do not. 

I think the problem is the Fiji is an amazing upgrade from the Leander but the Edinburgh is only a very slight upgraded over the Fiji AND it gets to be in tier 10 games where radar is freaking everywhere. Then you get to the neptune and...eh...

Beta Tester
3,195 posts
3,662 battles
5 hours ago, 22cm said:

The Leander and the Fiji are very good ships! And they really kick a$$ in operations, where their heal adds a lot of survivability and the bot ships tend to sail past showing broadside without changing course. The British short-fuse AP shells will absolutely murder cruisers under those circumstances.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,042 posts
16,676 battles
55 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

And then we have the torpedoes. The Perth has an excellent torpedo armament, and the Leander doesn't come far behind. Unlike the Huanghe, both of them can fire single shot as well as a narrow spread, which can be useful in many situations - not least if someone tries to rush your smoke.

Neither of them have a torpedo reload booster, though. HH does. 

HH is a fun ship and her AP hits hard. I find her main problem to be losing speed and not being able to regain it, a bad thing in a little cruiser that needs to dodge and definitely not be caught in the open. 

[DC-DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,732 battles
1 hour ago, Procrastes said:

The Huanghe has better concealment than the Perth?

With CE Perth 8.8 km Huanghe 8.3 km

Players
84 posts
28,687 battles

I was knocking off snowflakes yesterday, so played one Random game in Huanghe. Did Kraken and was top XP earner. Yup, it's not the worst ship ever.

[RODS]
Players
1,349 posts
7,295 battles

Havn´t played it much, I do remember the first game I had in it expecting it to be crap I was top of my team,  it is for sure better than its reputation

[WGP2L]
Players
1,145 posts
10,067 battles

@Butterdoll When you have a good performance in Coop with the Huanghe then why you dont try her in randoms? She is my fav. T6 Cruiser. I play her with my YueYang Captain so: PT, LS, SE, CE, RPF, TAE, AR. Obviously not the best skills but it works quite well for the last 47 battles.
I you want a Commander only for her i would say: PT, LS, CE, IFHE, SI, AR.
I always laugh when i play her, because she has no DPS at all the worst of all T6 Cruisers, but in the End i still manage to get a reasonable amount of DMG.

But to your question: The Huanghe is not by any means like the british cruisers. You have crawling smoke, no range, no heal, HE. British light cruisers have only AP, Heal, a normal smoke but still a huge cita and easy to dev strike.
imo. it is not a cruiser line for beginners, because you can so easily screw it up.

[L4GG]
Players
3,314 posts
10,929 battles

thank you all

So far I did 8 battles with it and felt not a big deal about it.

And when it come out the CCs demolished this ship as being meh at best.

but since then I saw people praising the ship.

It will be a school for me.

[L4GG]
Players
3,314 posts
10,929 battles
4 minutes ago, Elypse201 said:

@Butterdoll When you have a good performance in Coop with the Huanghe then why you dont try her in randoms? She is my fav. T6 Cruiser. I play her with my YueYang Captain so: PT, LS, SE, CE, RPF, TAE, AR. Obviously not the best skills but it works quite well for the last 47 battles.
I you want a Commander only for her i would say: PT, LS, CE, IFHE, SI, AR.
I always laugh when i play her, because she has no DPS at all the worst of all T6 Cruisers, but in the End i still manage to get a reasonable amount of DMG.

But to your question: The Huanghe is not by any means like the british cruisers. You have crawling smoke, no range, no heal, HE. British light cruisers have only AP, Heal, a normal smoke but still a huge cita and easy to dev strike.
imo. it is not a cruiser line for beginners, because you can so easily screw it up.

Eventually.

For a while the direction I'm taking is a specific captain for each ship.

British line is the only line I don't have.

I'm a beginner but I shouldn't be.

HuangHe will tell, it's the closest I have to RNcls

Thank you for the input.

So far, I have IFA, AR, DE, IFHE