Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jvd2000

Xmas collection, another fail?

7 comments in this topic

[SINT]
Players
937 posts
21,204 battles

While the forum is livid about the PR grind there is also the 2019 xmas collection grind. It might surprise you but it also stinks... 

While the reward is minimal (mega gift crate (with 50 flags)and 5 premium days) you need 20 unique drops to complete it. Dupplicates can be turned in at a rate of 4 to 1. 

The collection items only drop from the special crates and not from daily reward crates...

So you get 5 easy crates from the daily reward if you are bothered to be online each day... 12 crates will be rewarded by finishing the special Gorizia quest line parts (with aditional silver tier vi as reward). Ofcourse you need either to finish the first 3 directives or buy Gorizia directly since it is required to start up the grind.

The only other available crates are sometimes rewarded from missions throughout the directives. The first 3 directives have around 4 each and the specifik missions are not always the most easiest ones ( or hidden behind the Gorizia)

Directive 4 and 5 have some more crates but the mission requirements go boooom..

To keep things healthy even if you only unlock the first 3 directives and do the Gorizia tasks you will end with around 30’ ish crates...You need some luck with not receiving too many duplicates.....

But dont worry WG has you covered: so you can BUY a crate at 100 doubloons.... 

Even with a side event like this WG  cannot make it easy for us...

• Cool 2

[TIPC]
Players
307 posts
13,506 battles

Got "lucky" whit that one too...(wait all my WG-boxes have this "luck")

Grinded 4 box,3 got the rangefinder-whatever,and 1 the crane-thing.(1-2-4 boxes was the same item)

So im not too shure i will complete this one 4-free:Smile_facepalm:

Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles
1 hour ago, Jvd2000 said:

While the forum is livid about the PR grind there is also the 2019 xmas collection grind. It might surprise you but it also stinks... 

While the reward is minimal (mega gift crate (with 50 flags)and 5 premium days) you need 20 unique drops to complete it. Dupplicates can be turned in at a rate of 4 to 1. 

The collection items only drop from the special crates and not from daily reward crates...

So you get 5 easy crates from the daily reward if you are bothered to be online each day... 12 crates will be rewarded by finishing the special Gorizia quest line parts (with aditional silver tier vi as reward). Ofcourse you need either to finish the first 3 directives or buy Gorizia directly since it is required to start up the grind.

The only other available crates are sometimes rewarded from missions throughout the directives. The first 3 directives have around 4 each and the specifik missions are not always the most easiest ones ( or hidden behind the Gorizia)

Directive 4 and 5 have some more crates but the mission requirements go boooom..

To keep things healthy even if you only unlock the first 3 directives and do the Gorizia tasks you will end with around 30’ ish crates...You need some luck with not receiving too many duplicates.....

But dont worry WG has you covered: so you can BUY a crate at 100 doubloons.... 

Even with a side event like this WG  cannot make it easy for us...

What bothers me more is that shipbuilding containers don't even contain any shipbuilding tokens. It would've been better if they had named the 2 separate items something more clear.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Just as previous years, the collection is tied to that event's containers (and just those), which can be picked up by completing the directives/missions... But previous years the missions were plentiful, and feasible, so one could complete the collection without too much hassle (it required playing, but it could be done with "remote perseverance"). Now: not so much. Also: it's a rather big collection (20 instead of 12/16 items), meaning you need a lot more containers to complete it. Even when obtaining all containers available (directives, gorizia-missions, daily shipments,...), there is still a reasonable chance you're not going to complete the collection

And the rewards are laughable as well: 5 days of (direct-acting) premium time and a Santa-container. In my book not enough to warrant a collection hidden behind event-containers.

@MrConway, @Crysantos: can this be looked at, and is possible reworked so items also fall from daily containers?

• Cool 11

[KAKE]
Players
2,649 posts
6,346 battles

Yeah, this cheeses me off more than it probably should, simply because even though the rewards in this case are a bit cack, I still like completing the collections. But this one is a royal pain in the arse to complete. Heck, even if you buy the Gorizia (which I'm not going to do), it's a bit of a coin toss whether you manage to complete it or not.

Players
5,979 posts
11,601 battles
3 hours ago, Uglesett said:

Yeah, this cheeses me off more than it probably should, simply because even though the rewards in this case are a bit cack, I still like completing the collections. But this one is a royal pain in the arse to complete. Heck, even if you buy the Gorizia (which I'm not going to do), it's a bit of a coin toss whether you manage to complete it or not.

At least it's not something like special event camos but 'just' a couple premium days and a santa crate at the very end :Smile-_tongue:

Sign in to follow this