Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DrMechano

Cursed ships: Which is yours?

66 comments in this topic

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles

its that time again folks, ok which is your currently most cursed ship?

For me it's the Kremlin, do ok average damage in it but just cannot get myself a win...like at all...meanwhile the Yamato which has less overall damage is doing just fine.

• Cool 2

Players
1,717 posts
17 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

For me it's the Kremlin, do ok average damage in it but just cannot get myself a win...like at all...meanwhile the Yamato which has less overall damage is doing just fine.

Mine, is Belfast

HMS Belfast I been on it real life, its cursed for me in game.

Some thing about it in game, does not feel right, I can not put my finger on it.

Anyways Nice question.

:Smile_honoring:

image.png.d4f10b152e1c3cc7a4bf842aa9ebb339.png

• Cool 1

Players
1,717 posts
30 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

I was thinking about Kremlin, and in KOTS the top teams played it close to the caps, behind islands, and ambushed what ever, I dont know if this helps you

Good Luck

Players
276 posts
6,030 battles

Recently it's become MInotaur.  After 150 odd battles I was close to 60% and regularly topping 100k, and in the last month I've dropped to 47% and a very average 64k damage.

If I do decent damage it seems to be when the team capitulates and there are times I've potatoed and done nothing to help them. 

Meanwhile I've gone from being useless in Des Moines to averaging 111k in the last 20 battles, epic stats for me! lol

As a man said many years ago, "it's a funny old game!"

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,006 posts
16,505 battles

Scharnhorst. Can't hit a barn door in it.  No idea why. I'm told it has better dispersion than any other BB at it's Tier, but it just makes me miss, every time.

Also: Gadjah Mada. People keep telling me how great this DD is, but I do better in Jervis, or Haida... which are pretty much the same ship. GM always clunked, no idea why.

[SHAFT]
Players
10,222 posts
9,051 battles

Probably gonna go with Montana.

I think, every TX ship has either been lucky or unlucky after i got them.

GK/Monty/Wooster have been the bad ones

Stalin/Smolensk/Salem were lucky ones

Hindenburg/Mino dont recall anymore, too long ago.

Players
278 posts
1,667 battles
52 minutes ago, DrMechano said:

All of them lately. Worst today was my Bismarck. All expensive special flags etc, first and only aircraft torpedo that hits me 5 minutes in  at nearly full health (to the nose no less) detonates...retarded mechanism, I can understand when it hits a citadel area, but the nose...

Had something like 9 losses in a row too with both Bismarck and Amalfi. Every time I was in top 3 players of our team. So frustrating.

[MUMMY]
Players
469 posts
9,663 battles

Mogami, without a doubt.

Never got to grips with that ship despite everyone else doing well/above average, I suck in it.

• Cool 1

Players
6,593 posts
10,790 battles

Jean Bart. The craziest losses with that ship. My teams throwing won games like CV yoloing in to die with 10 sec on the clock so enemy win by points? Or me and the enemy DD are the last guys left, the DD isnt very bright, he smokes up, so I rush him, spot him, he throws torps on my bow, while im reload boosting him out of the game im thinking "yea nice dude, you torped my bow, thx, ill take one, not a problem with almost 40k hea...WUT?? I DETONATED???" stuff like that.

Players
223 posts
4,819 battles

Sovetsky Sojuz. loved the Sinop, liked the Vladivostok, love my Lenin. can't play Sovetsky Sojuz at all. no idea why..

Beta Tester
599 posts
1 hour ago, rvfharrier said:

There are a few contenders, but it has to be the Algerie for me.

Saint Louis..... that piece of .... just won't do anything for me......

Kind of odd though, cause I love it's russian counterpart... and they should be about the same.

[K3RLS]
Players
292 posts
9,648 battles

Montana as its not as comfortable as GK. Because it feels so much slower even with the engine acceleration module. 

Beta Tester
1,926 posts
11,802 battles
8 hours ago, DrMechano said:

Drumrole....... Smolensk!! Seems to share the same problem. Both ships considered broken OP, and dont get me wrong, I almost always get amazing games in her, but for some reason I almost always get the worst potatoe teams I ever seen when playing her. Have the lowest WR in Smolensk of all my T10 cruisers (and I have them all), and im usually at the top of the leaderboard.... on the loosing team.

So CURSED I say ........ CURSED!!!!

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,100 posts
19,972 battles

Tend to see the most default losses via incompetent teammates in Hakuryu for whatever reason.

Players
1,804 posts
15,332 battles
1 hour ago, Sirius_IV said:

Montana as its not as comfortable as GK. Because it feels so much slower even with the engine acceleration module. 

Engine acceleration module won't do much for you on a Monty, don't use it. Remember, this module doesn't increase your top speed, it only boosts your initial acceleration, and because it's percentage based and a bb's acceleration is quite low, the gains are negligible (and won't be enough to let you throttle dodge at range). I would suggest looking up proper builds for ships (modules, captain skills) before you drop money and points in them. Plenty of good players / cc's with videos on specific ships. You can also ask here, though I'd check the profiles of people who do respond in that case - you probably don't want build advice from someone who isn't actually good at the game. Anyhow, on Monty (and bb's in general) use either use damage con mod 2 or rudder shift in that slot, whatever you find more comfortable.

With me, cursed ships seem to shift - and I can sometimes get what I call a "new ship curse"; it happened back when I first got the Stalingrad, for example.. it made me stop playing it for a long, long time.. I occasionally take her out now and she seems to work now. I guess the curse moved over to Ohio, the ship in which my shells bounce and my teams melt. Sigh. At least my Thunderer works.

[K3RLS]
Players
292 posts
9,648 battles
1 minute ago, Captain_Newman said:

Engine acceleration module won't do much for you on a Monty, don't use it. Remember, this module doesn't increase your top speed, it only boosts your initial acceleration, and because it's percentage based and a bb's acceleration is quite low, the gains are negligible (and won't be enough to let you throttle dodge at range). I would suggest looking up proper builds for ships (modules, captain skills) before you drop money and points in them. Plenty of good players / cc's with videos on specific ships. You can also ask here, though I'd check the profiles of people who do respond in that case - you probably don't build advice from someone who isn't actually good at the game. Anyhow, on Monty (and bb's in general) use either use damage con mod 2 or rudder shift in that slot, whatever you find more comfortable.

Damage mod / ruddershift then since rudder is also abyssmal. But imo it felt like a pain to take about a full minute till I'm actually moving at top speed. 

Players
1,804 posts
15,332 battles
2 minutes ago, Sirius_IV said:

Damage mod / ruddershift then since rudder is also abyssmal. But imo it felt like a pain to take about a full minute till I'm actually moving at top speed. 

That's high tier bb's for you.. not much you can do about that, other than play french ones.. or Georgia.

[K3RLS]
Players
292 posts
9,648 battles
11 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

That's high tier bb's for you.. not much you can do about that, other than play french ones.. or Georgia.

Working to alsace eventually. First getting back to GK. 

Bourgogne on my mind but Me and ranked Ahahah haha. 

Sign in to follow this