Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_2016_gunner

The ONLY WAY to save this Christmas event. (if WG wants to "redeem" himself). Video Inspired.

12 comments in this topic

Players
1,740 posts
3,319 battles

Now, i know that there might never be any changes, but this idea comes from this video, this guy "came up" with this idea and i''m only sharing it here.

The idea is basically to go back to the PTS values of the event, watch the video to know more.

I'm not saying this for me, i only wanted to share this "idea", which i think it's the only way to save this event. 

Please don't come up and say:"They said that there won't be any changes", because I already know that, and frankly i don't care about the event, as it is, any more; but I'll never give up, just as in the game, I don't go down without fighting.

So please @Crysantos @MrConway @Sub_Octavian if your company really wants to show that it cares about its community and wants to get back some of its reputation (more precisely, what's left of it) it needs to do something ASAP, not just an "apology" that seems completely made up to try to contain this mess (I'm not angry, I'm just saying how the "apology" basically as been recived by the community) and a spreadsheet that already said thing we already knew (maybe a bit more organized, but we already knew the results). Again guys, I'm not angry any more and I don't really care about this event in its current form; however, the thing is also that all of this Dockyard thing, just seems a waste of time and resources from your art departement, and honestly i hate spending time and resources for nothing (i mean IRL, not in game). So, again, if your company wants to at least try to reedim itself, something as to be done ASAP.

Anyway, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all... Hopefully 2020 will be better. 

Beta Tester
177 posts
5,413 battles

How about 300% or 400% for first win on any ship every Saturday and Sunday between now and the end of the event?

[GWR]
Players
492 posts
8,725 battles

they should have made the Puerto Rico a coal or steel ship and made the Smolensk "buildable" in the dockyard....but really just let the whole thing die

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,878 posts
14,078 battles

so WG are going to give refunds for people who spent cash on buying gold for the boosters and/or the gorizia to help with the event? i think not...

Players
223 posts
4,835 battles

first of all they don't care. they got exactly what they wanted. a ton of people used Doubloons to buy one or two of those boosters, then they checked the Directives and realised that no way in hell they'll be able to finish it so they are forced to spend more Doubloons. 'cause if they don't all their booster purchases will go to waste. they'll lose money if they don't spend more money. a ton of people have already bought the ship for 59.000 Doubloons. so WG got EXACTLY what they wanted. they have big enough monopoly in the (online war) gaming market that a wee bit of negative feedback from players will do them no harm (let's not kid ourselves, all this CC video storm and players complaining on the Forums is just a drop in the ocean for them). we will all still play WoWS or WoT. they don't care..

and even if they did "go back to PTS values", can you imagine the amount of refunds they would have to issue? nah, ain't happening..

as someone has said already, let it die. mostly because nothing you will do or suggest will be any good. THEY DON'T CARE. as long as people buy overpriced gambling boxes (and they do, oh yes they do, just go to YT and search for "big Santa box opening" videos) or Missouri or Belfast for $200 they are happy..

[ZEN]
Players
1,165 posts
13,410 battles
1 hour ago, Zip__ said:

How about 300% or 400% for first win on any ship every Saturday and Sunday between now and the end of the event?

That doesn't help with the base xp requirements...

Basically every mission needs a 0 taken off, then maybe reduce some of the rewards a bit if they think they are too good (the 2k steel on stage 7 for example... to 400 steel for 34k free xp not 340k).

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,610 posts
6,390 battles

Too late for getting trust back. They have now showed their true colors and exactly what they think of their community. They have lied and manipulated and just pissed at us way to much now for any remnant of trust being salvageable.

I havent spent any money on this game for well over a year now, originally it wasnt mean to be permanent, but now it is. 

I dont see a single thing that wargaming could do at this point to regain my trust.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
962 posts
8,691 battles

Since they already declared that they don't care about wtf players think and they are perfectly happy with the event as it is on multiple occasions, why the frick do you even bother??? 

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,666 posts
6,404 battles

The sensible thing to do if they actually cared about their reputation would have been to halt the event already on last  Friday, refund all doubloons spent on the shipyard so far and pull the PR from the accounts of everyone who got it so far. And then they could rework the directives and doubloon costs and restart the event this week.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,376 posts
8,212 battles
28 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

Since they already declared that they don't care about wtf players think and they are perfectly happy with the event as it is on multiple occasions, why the frick do you even bother??? 

For Fairness Said. On NTC they also Said they are not gonna Change it and that it would be a Done Deal.

If the Outrage Grows Big enough and it starts Eating into WGs Bottom Line. WG will make the Decision any Company would make in that Case. And will give in.

Pushing a War against your Source of Money has never been a Good Business Strategy. And the higher the Flames Grow the more Money WG Loses in the Longterm.

They know this. So even if they put up a Tough Front you can take Bets they actually care quite a bit about this Outrage.

• Cool 4

Sign in to follow this