Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Red5kunk

Graf Xep Dilemma

9 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts
2,392 battles

Sooo, just got a Graf Zep out of a santa box. Never played a CV in my life. Obviously wanna try it out but feel like jumping into a Tier VIII will end in tears. 

Would you just go for it and to hell with your random teammates ? I'm guessing most would tell me no but how would YOU acclimatise yourself in this situation ? 

Players
6,628 posts
10,873 battles
2 minutes ago, Red5kunk said:

Would you just go for it and to hell with your random teammates ?

Ofc the answer is NO!

You will have a horrible time jumping with a T8 CV right in a random game. This is no different for any other ship either. You play coop and you play the lower tier CVs aswell. Might even go to the training room and get a feeling for the controls - thats what I did! This all takes time. After some coop with CVs, you grind the T6 CV and play it in Operations. Once you consistently deal 100k dmg in Operations, you are good to go for randoms.

Players
1,675 posts
7,552 battles

Step one is to play it in coop to learn the basics. I cannot advise it with good conscience to play CVs at lower tiers first, as there are already too many CVs there.

Players
8,406 posts
9,218 battles

Play IJN CVs up to T8 to get used to how torp spam + AP bombs plays.

Then forget about Graf Zep, because Shokaku is so much better than this floating piece of crap.

• Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
6,799 posts

Play a coop match to take the flake off and if you want to learn cv basics grind or freexp a T6 and go in ops to practice...

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles

Play coop and test rooms until you are comfortable with the general CV gameplay.

I maybe switched to randoms too early when I started playing carriers, and now my Ark Royal will probably always sit at 45 % WR.

Oh well ... :)

Players
11 posts
2,392 battles

just tried first game in co-op did not land a single hit XD Yeah, might let this one settle dust and stick to guns 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
1 minute ago, Red5kunk said:

just tried first game in co-op did not land a single hit XD Yeah, might let this one settle dust and stick to guns 

Ok, but it was just the first game, play a few more coops and see, mabe you'll come to like it:cap_tea:

Sign in to follow this