Jump to content
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Crysantos

PSA: EU server issues compensation - 12/12/2019

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,114 posts
13,362 battles

Greetings commanders!

 

Last Thursday (12/12/19), we had some server issues which prevented a lot of you from playing World of Warships. To make up for the disruption and inconvenience caused, we are offering the following compensation to those of you who played at least one battle between 12/12/19 05:00 UTC - 12/12/19 23:59 UTC;

  • 1 day of Warships Premium Account
  • 1 Santa's Big Gift Container

You can claim your compensation until: Thu. 02 Jan. 00:59 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Thu. 02 Jan. 00:59

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/userbonus/

 

Sorry for the inconvenience, Crysantos

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts

What I do find peculiar about the compensations since a few months, especially for server-outages, is that you have to have played a battle that day/period to get it. If you wanted to play that evening, and the server wouldn't let you in, you get nothing, despite being directly affected by it. If you played in the morning or afternoon, and then logged off because you had to make dinner and spend time with your family, you do get a compensation, despite not really being affected by the borking.  

 

I mean, it's appreciated, but it would be better to widen that to "hey, our server didn't work, maybe you wanted to play but you couldn't, here, have this token that might soften the inconvenience it may have caused". It's not that those crates cost you anything to make, nor that the droprates are such that the matchmaker will be flooded with a gazillion of free premium ships.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
Just now, Silentraz said:

It is not Big, but only the smallest container.

Strange, I got the silvery-blue one (7500 coal), not the brown one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOB]
Moderator
1,695 posts
7,127 battles
1 minutę temu, MrFingers napisał:

Strange, I got the silvery-blue one (7500 coal), not the brown one.

They gave a second container. First was the smallest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
148 posts
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

What I do find peculiar about the compensations since a few months, especially for server-outages, is that you have to have played a battle that day/period to get it. If you wanted to play that evening, and the server wouldn't let you in, you get nothing, despite being directly affected by it. If you played in the morning or afternoon, and then logged off because you had to make dinner and spend time with your family, you do get a compensation, despite not really being affected by the borking.  

 

I mean, it's appreciated, but it would be better to widen that to "hey, our server didn't work, maybe you wanted to play but you couldn't, here, have this token that might soften the inconvenience it may have caused". It's not that those crates cost you anything to make, nor that the droprates are such that the matchmaker will be flooded with a gazillion of free premium ships.

exactly right,

i just thought nice at least something, because I was not able to play that day.

And then it says you won't get anything, because you did not play that day.

 

seems kind of paradoxical to me.

please spare me the disappointment next time and don't offer compensation if it doesn't reach the once who deserve it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AONO]
Players
2 posts
6,350 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

What I do find peculiar about the compensations since a few months, especially for server-outages, is that you have to have played a battle that day/period to get it. If you wanted to play that evening, and the server wouldn't let you in, you get nothing, despite being directly affected by it. If you played in the morning or afternoon, and then logged off because you had to make dinner and spend time with your family, you do get a compensation, despite not really being affected by the borking.  

 

I mean, it's appreciated, but it would be better to widen that to "hey, our server didn't work, maybe you wanted to play but you couldn't, here, have this token that might soften the inconvenience it may have caused". It's not that those crates cost you anything to make, nor that the droprates are such that the matchmaker will be flooded with a gazillion of free premium ships.

Exactly this, if the majority of players would have just disconnects I would understand it, but many players, including me, weren't able to get onto the server and join a battle. All those players are just getting left out for a problem they weren't responsible for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TMR]
[TMR]
Players
8 posts
4,218 battles
2 hours ago, MrFingers said:

What I do find peculiar about the compensations since a few months, especially for server-outages, is that you have to have played a battle that day/period to get it. If you wanted to play that evening, and the server wouldn't let you in, you get nothing, despite being directly affected by it. If you played in the morning or afternoon, and then logged off because you had to make dinner and spend time with your family, you do get a compensation, despite not really being affected by the borking.  

 

I mean, it's appreciated, but it would be better to widen that to "hey, our server didn't work, maybe you wanted to play but you couldn't, here, have this token that might soften the inconvenience it may have caused". It's not that those crates cost you anything to make, nor that the droprates are such that the matchmaker will be flooded with a gazillion of free premium ships.

I played at least a couple of games on thursday 12.12.2019, even experienced the issues and had to stop because of them, yet the page where you can claim the compensation (or bonus as the page calls it) sais there are no available bonuses at the moment. Go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MDLEP]
[MDLEP]
Players
2 posts
5,246 battles
4 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Greetings commanders!

 

Last Thursday (12/12/19), we had some server issues which prevented a lot of you from playing World of Warships. To make up for the disruption and inconvenience caused, we are offering the following compensation to those of you who played at least one battle between 12/12/19 05:00 UTC - 12/12/19 23:59 UTC;

  • 1 day of Warships Premium Account
  • 1 Santa's Big Gift Container

You can claim your compensation until: Thu. 02 Jan. 00:59 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Thu. 02 Jan. 00:59

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/userbonus/

 

Sorry for the inconvenience, Crysantos

 

I couldn't start the game that day, so there is no compensation for me. Another WG great solution, thanks for nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JVC]
[JVC]
Beta Tester
9 posts
2,303 battles
3 hours ago, syfteland said:

I played at least a couple of games on thursday 12.12.2019, even experienced the issues and had to stop because of them, yet the page where you can claim the compensation (or bonus as the page calls it) sais there are no available bonuses at the moment. Go figure.

Yeah me too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SRW]
Players
1,879 posts
7,895 battles
19 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Greetings commanders!

 

Last Thursday (12/12/19), we had some server issues which prevented a lot of you from playing World of Warships. To make up for the disruption and inconvenience caused, we are offering the following compensation to those of you who played at least one battle between 12/12/19 05:00 UTC - 12/12/19 23:59 UTC;

  • 1 day of Warships Premium Account
  • 1 Santa's Big Gift Container

You can claim your compensation until: Thu. 02 Jan. 00:59 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Thu. 02 Jan. 00:59

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/userbonus/

 

Sorry for the inconvenience, Crysantos

@Crysantos Last Thursday?

 

Are you sure it was not other days as well?

 

I've had problems every day since the release of the patch and obviously I'm not alone.

 

Just check the thread that should be monitored by WG staff as an important one...

 

Basically 3 pages of people complaining about disconnections and problems with the server.

 

And that's only on that thread, I can link many more threads and posts about the same issue with disconnections and server instability.

 

I even opened a ticket (ID 121119512) but seems like the guys from the customer support also think I'm an idiot and try to convince me the problem is on my end wasting my time with actions like connection checks etc.

 

I'm quite sick of being treated this way by WG staff (including the customer support guys)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
838 posts
12,021 battles

Not able to collect compensation it seems:

 

Captain, there are no available bonuses at the moment. Keep an eye out for upcoming events, which will be announced on the Portal! 

 

:cap_hmm:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,114 posts
13,362 battles
14 hours ago, Palubarac said:

@Crysantos Last Thursday?

 

Are you sure it was not other days as well?

 

I've had problems every day since the release of the patch and obviously I'm not alone.

 

Just check the thread that should be monitored by WG staff as an important one...

 

Basically 3 pages of people complaining about disconnections and problems with the server.

 

And that's only on that thread, I can link many more threads and posts about the same issue with disconnections and server instability.

 

I even opened a ticket (ID 121119512) but seems like the guys from the customer support also think I'm an idiot and try to convince me the problem is on my end wasting my time with actions like connection checks etc.

 

I'm quite sick of being treated this way by WG staff (including the customer support guys)!

Yes, last Thursday - I'm 100%. We have a very good way of tracking what issues we have on our servers and this was the only issue related to our servers directly. There was a bug with disconnects after battles finished and we a) informed players about how to fix it on Thursday and b) deployed a hotfix for it on Friday. Any other disconnects are most likely connected to local ISP issues where we don't have any influence on it.

 

We're very generous when it comes to server issues and compensation - and we're always doing our best to communicate quickly and respectfully.

 

1 hour ago, Miragetank90 said:

Not able to collect compensation it seems:

 

Captain, there are no available bonuses at the moment. Keep an eye out for upcoming events, which will be announced on the Portal! 

 

:cap_hmm:

 

18 hours ago, Cheluis said:

 

I couldn't start the game that day, so there is no compensation for me. Another WG great solution, thanks for nothing.

If you did log in on Thursday and tried to play, please contact our customer support and we'll do our best to help you.

 

13 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Got a Dunkek out of the container. Hope for more server fails. :Smile_trollface:

Enjoy, one of my favorite ships on Tier VI!

 

Greetings, Crysantos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XTREM]
Players
838 posts
12,021 battles
20 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

 

If you did log in on Thursday and tried to play, please contact our customer support and we'll do our best to help you.

 

 

I honestly don't even remember... maybe I didn't after all, hence the issue? There were 2 days last week where I didn't log-in, I think...

It's OK. I don't want to waste anyone's time. 

 

Thanks anyway Crysantos 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
43 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

We're very generous when it comes to server issues and compensation - and we're always doing our best to communicate quickly and respectfully.

On 12/16/2019 at 3:39 PM, MrFingers said:

What I do find peculiar about the compensations since a few months, especially for server-outages, is that you have to have played a battle that day/period to get it. If you wanted to play that evening, and the server wouldn't let you in, you get nothing, despite being directly affected by it. If you played in the morning or afternoon, and then logged off because you had to make dinner and spend time with your family, you do get a compensation, despite not really being affected by the borking. 

 

How do you rhyme that with this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,114 posts
13,362 battles
16 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

 

How do you rhyme that with this?

Because it is very hard to track who tried to log in but couldn't - in this case please contact our customer support and as I've said above, we'll help you out then.


Greetings, Crysantos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SRW]
Players
1,879 posts
7,895 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Yes, last Thursday - I'm 100%. We have a very good way of tracking what issues we have on our servers and this was the only issue related to our servers directly. There was a bug with disconnects after battles finished and we a) informed players about how to fix it on Thursday and b) deployed a hotfix for it on Friday. Any other disconnects are most likely connected to local ISP issues where we don't have any influence on it.

 

We're very generous when it comes to server issues and compensation - and we're always doing our best to communicate quickly and respectfully.

 

Greetings, Crysantos

Well, have you seen all the players having issues with disconnections after the hotfix was released? 

 

So that's just a bunch of people, all having problems with their ISPs? M'kay.

 

I guess I'm just making stuff up as well as all the players who posted in that thread. We're also manipulating the images in Photoshop to make it like there are issues with the server, right? M'kay.

 

"Quickly and respectfully" are 2 adjectives I cannot associate with WG anymore, sorry. Not after all this mess it was created with the worst grind event ever and then PR disasters, one after another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
2 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Because it is very hard to track who tried to log in but couldn't

Wouldn't it be better just to offer a "blanket-compensation" to everyone, instead of being stringent on who tried and who didn't? Would also show a bit of goodwill to the community, which is something that you lot might need now, and in the future. It's not that those crates cost you any money to make, nor that the droprates are such that it would flood the matchmaker with naughty premium ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,114 posts
13,362 battles
10 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

Well, have you seen all the players having issues with disconnections after the hotfix was released? 

 

So that's just a bunch of people, all having problems with their ISPs? M'kay.

 

I guess I'm just making stuff up as well as all the players who posted in that thread. We're also manipulating the images in Photoshop to make it like there are issues with the server, right? M'kay.

 

"Quickly and respectfully" are 2 adjectives I cannot associate with WG anymore, sorry. Not after all this mess it was created with the worst grind event ever and then PR disasters, one after another.

There are plenty of potential issues in between your PC and our servers - and if there is an issue on our side, we never shy back from providing a proper compensation. I'm not claiming that you guys are lying, I'm just saying that our servers had no issues besides the one we talked about (and the disconnect after battle bug). In general I always give the piece of advice to send us a customer support ticket to make sure the issue is in the system (best with some additional info like a ping plotter, which helps us track the potential problem).

 

Greetings, Crysantos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SRW]
Players
1,879 posts
7,895 battles
4 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

There are plenty of potential issues in between your PC and our servers - and if there is an issue on our side, we never shy back from providing a proper compensation. I'm not claiming that you guys are lying, I'm just saying that our servers had no issues besides the one we talked about (and the disconnect after battle bug). In general I always give the piece of advice to send us a customer support ticket to make sure the issue is in the system (best with some additional info like a ping plotter, which helps us track the potential problem).

 

Greetings, Crysantos

Well, I've never seen so many people complaining about disconnections and problems even accessing the game like in the previous days, since the latest update 0.8.11.

 

Not at the same time, not about the exact same issues.

 

I have opened a ticket and in the ticket I uploaded the replays as well. I believe the ping can be seen in those replays. I even gave your the ID number of the ticket.

 

Since I have a feeling I'm repeating the same thing over and over again without much effect, I'll stop now.

 

Have a nice day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
36 posts
10,697 battles
18 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Got a Dunkek out of the container. Hope for more server fails. :Smile_trollface:

I got a Haida, not bad compensation for a little inconvenience. People forget it's a free game, no biggie if you can't get the latest and greatest premium ship. There's more than enough content to enjoy and disregard annoying events like PR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×