Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Odo_Toothless

[0.9.8.X] OdTo Minimap

16 comments in this topic

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles

[0.9.8.X] OdTo Minimap - download

minimap.jpg.52f8310247fbac35161a5b472ee38fcb.jpg

Info: Adds to minimap a white line of direction to Your active squadron and visible enemy ships. Unfortunately, in game there is no camera zoom in a airplane view , so it can help a bit in choosing a good approach angle to attack by planes, when looking at minimap. May be handy, when having ex. small monitor or not such good vision. When playing other ship classes, it helps read the current game situation.

Additional changes:

- Main battery and torpedo range can be turned on/off in minimap menu.

- Colour of radar and hydro circles changed from dotted blue line to green one.

Spoiler

green_circles.jpg.77f2490bcbfa177b46c9817df01aa534.jpg

- Icons of friendly and enemy (currently spotted) ships which are out of our spotting range are changed to normal visible ones (last visible enemy icons remains the same). From my observations this information has no practical use and makes more difficult to quickly assess battle situation.

Spoiler

in standard game:                                                                                   in mod:

slabo.jpg.5509b0763400e553df428231e0d95b74.jpgwidoczne.jpg.8530528b39128bb0cc684cb9601f85d6.jpg

- You can change size of minimap, markers, ship names and directional line in setup file. Information is in the spoiler. To make those changes work, game restart is required.

Spoiler

in  file /res_mods/"current version"/gui/unbound2/Odto_Minimap/!od_config.unbound edit those numbers:

# Minimap size - game standard values are: [1.0, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75, 2.0, 2.25]
(def constant LIST_MAP_SCALES [2.0, 2.25, 2.5, 2.75, 3.0, 3.25])

# Marker size multiplier
(def constant markerScale_OdToMap 1.4)

# Font size
(def constant fontSize_OdToMap 17)

# Directional line length
(def constant lineLength_OdToMap 14)

Installation: Copy /gui directory from zip file to your mod folder: /bin/"current version"/res_mods/

Compatibility: Use Aslain's WoWS ModPack or ModStation

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
25 posts
12,365 battles

Great Mod thank you. Is there anyway to make the mini-map larger than the maximum constraint set by the game. Even expanded to it maximum size allowed it is still quite small when playing in very High Res, like 4K for example.

• Cool 1

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
On 1/16/2020 at 10:12 AM, Googie_RN_Rtd said:

Great Mod thank you. Is there anyway to make the mini-map larger than the maximum constraint set by the game. Even expanded to it maximum size allowed it is still quite small when playing in very High Res, like 4K for example.

I have decided that I will no support this mod in future, becouse much more advanced mod: Minimap from AutoSpy already have the same option as my mod. Additionally You can set in this mod, map size in configuration file. You can download it from Modstation or Aslain Modpack.

Alpha Tester
25 posts
12,365 battles
On 1/20/2020 at 1:26 PM, Odo_Toothless said:

I have decided that I will no support this mod in future, becouse much more advanced mod: Minimap from AutoSpy already have the same option as my mod. Additionally You can set in this mod, map size in configuration file. You can download it from Modstation or Aslain Modpack.

Thank you for the reply, that's a shame, yes I have used AutoSpy mod in the past but personally I prefer yours.

• Cool 1

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
8 hours ago, Googie_RN_Rtd said:

Thank you for the reply, that's a shame, yes I have used AutoSpy mod in the past but personally I prefer yours.

Really ? :-) So having at least one happy "customer", I will not abandon it. Will look how to make map size customizable.

• Cool 1

[OZYR]
[OZYR]
Players
719 posts
13,983 battles

On 1/22/2020 at 8:57 PM, Googie_RN_Rtd said:

I also like your mod more and use it.....:Smile_great: Thank you!!

• Cool 1

[KUTYA]
Players
3 posts
12,580 battles

I'm quite newb to wows, just started tryin plugins. Yours was one of the first, I quite like the tiny lines showing directions at first glance. 

So I'm a happy user too. Thanks for the effort. 

(Only issue is the fontsize, it's way too big for me, tried moddin the code as instructed, not solved yet, I guess a restart of wows needed for that or sg)

UPDATE: yes, just a restart was needed, ty.

NOTICE: the lines showing directions disregard speed, maybe they could be swapped when a ship is goin reversed, sg like:

if [shipspeed] < 0 then [angle_of_line]:= [angle_of_line] + 180deg

(don't ask, what language is this :D)

• Cool 1

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
On 3/7/2020 at 10:34 PM, Mr___Largo said:

So I'm a happy user too. Thanks for the effort.

NOTICE: the lines showing directions disregard speed, maybe they could be swapped when a ship is goin reversed, sg like:

Hello. I am very glad that You found this mod useful :-).

It is probably much more complicated then it seems. At least for now I don't know how to do it. I suggest using mod "Running Lights" which have similar functionality. It is in Aslain Pack.

PS. I have added info about game restart after changing markers and font size. Thank You.

Soon I will add setting file in which those changes could be done, then I will introduce them into minimap UI.

[KUTYA]
Players
3 posts
12,580 battles
On 3/13/2020 at 4:06 AM, Odo_Toothless said:

It is probably much more complicated then it seems. At least for now I don't know how to do it. I suggest using mod "Running Lights" which have similar functionality. It is in Aslain Pack.

Yes, that's where I got the idea from. It can be queried and implemented somehow, that script is the proof. :)

(I'm coming from rtcw,  got used to q3 scripting, didn't look into wows scripting yet)

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles

@Googie_RN_Rtd I've added an option You requested: the ability to change minimap size. I've already made its max size larger, so please check it first.

[0.9.2.X] v.2 OdTo Minimap changes:

- Main battery and torpedo range can be turned on/off.

- Now you can change size of minimap and directional line in a new setup file. Info is in the spoiler in first post. To make those changes work, game restart is required.

Upgrade:  from [0.9.2.X] to [0.9.2.X] v.2:

1. Delete those two old files: plane_marker.unbound and ship_marker.unbound in /res_mods/"current version"/gui/unbound2/pc/battle/minimap/markers/

2. Copy a new version to mod folder.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
25 posts
12,365 battles
On 3/29/2020 at 3:12 AM, Odo_Toothless said:

@Googie_RN_Rtd I've added an option You requested: the ability to change minimap size. I've already made its max size larger, so please check it first.

[0.9.2.X] v.2 OdTo Minimap changes:

- Main battery and torpedo range can be turned on/off.

- Now you can change size of minimap and directional line in a new setup file. Info is in the spoiler in first post. To make those changes work, game restart is required.

Upgrade:  from [0.9.2.X] to [0.9.2.X] v.2:

1. Delete those two old files: plane_marker.unbound and ship_marker.unbound in /res_mods/"current version"/gui/unbound2/pc/battle/minimap/markers/

2. Copy a new version to mod folder.

Great Work thank you, I'll test this out later today.

• Cool 1

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles

[0.9.3.X] v.2 OdTo Minimap changes:

- Icons of friendly and enemy (currently spotted) ships which are out of our spotting range are changed to normal visible ones (last visible enemy icons remains the same). From my observations this information has no practical use and makes more difficult to quickly assess battle situation.

in standard game:                                                                                   in mod:

slabo.jpg.5509b0763400e553df428231e0d95b74.jpgwidoczne.jpg.8530528b39128bb0cc684cb9601f85d6.jpg

Future changes: icons of ships with radar will have some special marks, which will make them easy seen on minimap.

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles

[0.9.5.X] OdTo Minimap changes:

- Colour of radar and hydro circles changed from dotted blue line to green one.

green_circles.jpg.77f2490bcbfa177b46c9817df01aa534.jpg

Players
889 posts
3,425 battles

thanks for your work - I would like to ask if it's possible to add a map overlay to show the maximum theoretical range of radar ships?

Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
On 6/23/2020 at 8:43 AM, HassenderZerhacker said:

thanks for your work - I would like to ask if it's possible to add a map overlay to show the maximum theoretical range of radar ships?

Do You mean circles for enemy radar ships ? Such option is already done in another map mod, so it's not a problem.

I want to test in real battles those circles and other option like: icons of ships with radar will have some special marks, which will make them easy seen on minimap etc. For sure I will add more convinient one, but this take time, becouse I have a lot of work doing compability script of my another mod, which I promised to do for Aslain pack.

Sign in to follow this