Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DrMechano

Why is tier 9 so much more fun than tier 10?

23 comments in this topic

[501L]
Players
381 posts
4,327 battles

Ok so I recently went through the Russian BB grind...I had a metric buttload of fancy camos and such and thought "You know what, the Kremlin is the talk of the town right now, lets see what it's all about". Went through the Soyeuz and was like "well if the Kremlin is just a Soyeuz with bigger guns this is gonna be HELLA fun..." got the Kremlin and...well..it really wasn't as fun.

So I'm curious why does tier 9 seem to be the new 'fun' tier...I mean yes I do have a Musashi thank you for asking and yes I know it's stupidly ridiculous at tier 9 so there is that part but like I said, I really enjoyed the Russian tier 9 but not so much the supposedly OP tier 10.  Also yes I HATED the Lion since  now it probably has the wonkiest dispersion or at least feels like it.

Has anyone else found that they strangely, prefer tier 9 to tier 10?

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,111 posts
20,074 battles

Because MM is now often creating T10 only matches, meaning T9 ships essentially get preferential MM allowing them to dumpster lower tiers.

• Cool 1

[NHSOS]
Players
273 posts
10,521 battles

some T9 DDs r better from their big brothers

Kita, Jutland, Chung Mu!

dont ask why...

• Cool 3

Players
330 posts
8,844 battles
40 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Because MM is now often creating T10 only matches, meaning T9 ships essentially get preferential MM allowing them to dumpster lower tiers.

Imagine playing Boise in 2019 :D

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,111 posts
20,074 battles
14 minutes ago, You_Overextended said:

Imagine playing Boise in 2019 :D

I've actually played a bit of Helena recently.

Out of 6 matches I was bottom tier in 5.

• Cool 2

Players
330 posts
8,844 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Props! That requires a ton of patience due to the firing range. T9 has honestly become the new tier where you dumpster the low tiers, it seems. T9 and T7 reversed roles :D

Players
10,094 posts
11,861 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

But we fixed MM:cap_hmm:

Though it depends on what you consider "fixed"

• Funny 3

[-G0M-]
Beta Tester
294 posts
12,550 battles

I made a post about Tier7's seemingly being bottom tier for most of their games and was told I must be smoking something as it was all in my head, glad someone else has noticed what it is like for Tier7's now. Great minds think alike or is it fools seldom differ.............

Merry Christmas to all.

TB.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
1,451 posts
13,349 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Yeah played the Boise had the same experience in 3 of 3 Buttom Tier  :) its fun to get circled by mogadors... it is... this is fine.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,111 posts
20,074 battles
3 hours ago, Panocek said:

But we fixed MM:cap_hmm:

Though it depends on what you consider "fixed"

Indeed.

Why do you think WG is concentrating on releasing so many glorious T9 premiums? :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
10,094 posts
11,861 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Indeed.

Why do you think WG is concentrating on releasing so many glorious T9 premiums? :Smile_sceptic:

Its rather straightforward you want to sell your 100h of worktime as expensive as possible:cap_book:

Players
357 posts
16,858 battles
6 hours ago, DrMechano said:

Has anyone else found that they strangely, prefer tier 9 to tier 10?

Yes, this has been a thing for couple of months at least.

5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

And the ultimate tomatoes seem to prefer T10 a lot more than any other tier. Also, less CV's in T9 matches.

5 hours ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

Kita, Jutland, Chung Mu!

dont ask why...

Same here, these ones in particular are simply better and more fun to play.

All this combined, T9 is a lot more fun to play; toxic tomatoes potatoeing in T10 and much more quality players in better ships in T9. Pls do not share this with potatoes! :cap_horn:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,817 posts
15,403 battles

A part of the reason is that you're almost always top tier in t9 these days. Tried playing t7 recently? How many times did you end up in t9 games? Exactly.

Another reason, of course, is that you don't seem to own a Thunderer :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[WGP2L]
Players
1,145 posts
10,043 battles
6 hours ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

Kita, Jutland, Chung Mu!

dont ask why...

no

you may think they are better because they have as many said already way better matchups. Also the playstyle changes from DD to DD even in the same line. You can't play a Khaba like a Tashkent, you can't play a Gearing like a Fletcher. They are similar but not exactly the same. I thought this too when i got Gearing and Daring. I hated the Gearing and sold her on the same day after i got her because i thought "dayum this is suck a crap ship the Fletcher is just way better" same thing with Daring/Jutland. It takes some time, but i wouldn't say the T10s are worse.

TL;DR: They have a similar but not the exact playstyle.

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Players
482 posts
12,781 battles

because in T9 you can end up in T7 game where your opposition will have 25mm armor on BBs, cruisers wont have radar and DDs are without conceal module. Its much fun to face Musashi in Colorado.

You may call it "fun" :)

Players
1,817 posts
15,403 battles

Don't get me wrong, I love the Jutland, but.. better than Daring? Uh, no. Daring is absolutely amazing. I would say Kitakaze is more versatile and functionally more useful than a Harugumo in most situations, though. Won't comment on PA DD's, because who plays those in 2019 anymore, anyway..

Players
578 posts
3,173 battles

Im loving my Yugo at T9. I've still not found a ship at T10 that I like to be honest. I'm meh in Shima and Im no BB player which you can see from my Stats.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,743 posts

Why is T9 more fun? Simple - I have Benham... :Smile_trollface: No serously that ship is hilarious and I dont play her as much as she deserves...

As for PA YY still has its place in CB couse of radar IMO, since I got Black the Chung is parked though as she doesnt really have much point, yes the torps are slow on Black even with TA but they are devastating when they hit and they hit dds as well...

[FAILS]
Players
557 posts
19,992 battles

The change to the MM is one reason why tier 9 are more fun these days than tier 10. Tier 9 has taken over from tier 7 getting the nicest MM while tier 7 got shafted and is the new tier 8 MM-wise. Also, many of the tier 10 ships play differently from the tier 9s and it can be hard to adjust to. In the first couple of games they might subjectively feel worse e.g. because of worse concealment and maneuverability, although objetively they are actually stronger ships. Another, probably minor point is that while grinding a tier 9 ship you have a "goal" to get to tier 10 as special incentive, while at tier 10 you get "nothing" for playing lots of games in the ships.

• Cool 2

Players
1,264 posts
9,617 battles

The suddenly favourable MM for T9, compounded by availability of ships like Musashi, definitely makes for some "interesting" games.

Yamato-class going against USN standard-types (Colorado) was basically the IJN naval planners' wet dream, and that's exactly what it is in this game too. :cap_tea:

• Funny 1

[77MM]
Players
412 posts
14,477 battles

I was regrinding (research bureau) the Jutland, Kita & Fletcher at the same time just before December - and had a lot of enjoyable games. Not sure if that was down to the MM tweaks,  or because they are great ships. 

I'm sure i read somewhere that tier 9 was statistically the lowest chance (outside of tier 1 & 2!) to face a CV - so that no doubt helped as well

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this