Sign in to follow this  
DanSilverwing

Dockyard progress for super-casuals. What freebies can you get without Directives?

9 comments in this topic

Players
1,000 posts
14,413 battles

I'm going to put this here instead of the general Gameplay section, because "reasons".

Let's all agree that PR is a mediocre ship, the Directives are a massive grind that are designed for hardcore players only.

Just for my own curiosity and for the sake of fairness I wanted to see what a super casual player could reasonably* expect to get from the Dockyard part of the event alone.

And let's further agree that definitions of "reasonable" can differ. Instead of relying on boosters from the primary source (i.e. Directives) I wanted to base some calculations simply on the Daily Log-ins (75 tokens) and completing Daily missions (max 20 per day).

Let's re-cap:

Puerto Rico will start building on 17 December at 05:00 UTC (server reset time). it will stop building on 14 January 2020 at 04:59 UTC. That's 28 days, or 40,320 minutes.

Puerto Rico will start building at 125 points per minute (base rate) even before you log-in on 17 December. By the end of the event you will accrue 5,040,000 points guaranteed. That gets you to Phase 9.

We have a free booster to claim anytime, awarding 500,000 points and 6 points per minute. That gets us to 5,781,920 points, or Phase 10.

Logging in everyday and completing all missions we can buy our first booster for 200 tokens on 19 December 2019. I've assumed 23:00 UTC. That gets us to 10,313,360 points, or Phase 15.

Continuing to log-in everyday and completing all missions we can buy a second booster on 29 December 2019. Also 23:00 UTC. That gets us 13,797,200 points, or Phase 18.

Phase 18 is when PR becomes purchasable directly for Doubloons for 35,000 Doubloons. N.B. The purchase price drops to 25,000 Doubloons at Phase 24, and 15,000 Doubloons at Phase 30.

Putting aisde PR itself for one moment, here is what the Phase rewards will give you: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/new-year-2020-event/#dockyard

• 15,000 free XP
  • 50x Zulu Hotel flags
  • 50x Zulu flags
  • 50x Papa Papa flags
  • 50x Equal Speed Charlie London flags
  • 6,000 Coal
  • 24hr Premium Time
  • 1x Santa's Gift container
  • 1x Big Santa's Gift container
  • 1x Mega Santa's Gift container
  • 8x Gift containers

So while we're disappointed not to be able to get PR for free (and even 35,000 Doubloons is worth 3x Tier 8 ships) I wanted to see what we can get at least. Bearing in mind that the Collection and Gorizia are also behind timegated grindwalls.

Some more positive surprises? If you buy or have bought the first Premium booster for 6,000 Doubloons before PR starts you will get up to 22,490,480 points, or Phase 23. Not quite enough for the NY camo (itself sold for 4,000 Doubloons), but you would get:

• 1x Mega Santa's Gift container from the purchase itself
  • 72hr Premium Time
  • 10x Hydra flags
  • 10x Basilik flags
  • 10x Scylla flags
  • 10x Leviathan flags

And if you do eventually manage to complete Directive 1 the instant boost from the third tokens booster alone (1.6m points) will be enough to get you to Phase 24 and the NY camo. At Phase 24 the purchase price for Puerto Rico drops to 25,000 Doubloons.

Let's consider this event for what it is, and not what we wish it was. I'm certainly not defending the tone of the pre-event communication, the way expectations have not been managed, and the subsequent bad-temper on both sides. This is the Season of good will to all, so let's try to overcome our emotional responses and look at the event rationally. Even if you don't play a single game you will still get the first 10 prizes guaranteed.

Spoiler

I'm only going to try to finish the third Directive. By my calculations I can reach around 28m points before the event ends, or phase 26. The 6k Doubloon booster even bought now wouldn't really add to that (phase 30) so not worthwhile for me. YMMV.

• Cool 4

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

I will have to check/calculate what do I get for not giving a $hit about PR and just play casually.

I estimate that I will finish the 1st and 2nd directive for sure and might even go for the 3rd one.

As for the rewards... they are all nice when they are free, in my opinion not worth any purchase of boosters for doubloons though.

Players
11 posts
3,370 battles
1 saat önce, Palubarac dedi:

I will have to check/calculate what do I get for not giving a $hit about PR and just play casually.

I estimate that I will finish the 1st and 2nd directive for sure and might even go for the 3rd one.

As for the rewards... they are all nice when they are free, in my opinion not worth any purchase of boosters for doubloons though.

You may consider getting first booster since it gives 1 mega container right away(1250 doublon). 
Calculate what can it provide extra and decide is it worth for 4750 doublon.

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

There can be no doubt that the grind for the PR will mean far fewer directives completed for the average player given the difficulty of some. So at a supposedly joyful time of year Wargaming are sticking two fingers up to the majority of the player base. I can't think of any of the Directive led events where I've gone after the final prize, but I was at least being partially involved and completed many of them.

Players
1,000 posts
14,413 battles
14 minutes ago, 250swb said:

There can be no doubt that the grind for the PR will mean far fewer directives completed for the average player given the difficulty of some. So at a supposedly joyful time of year Wargaming are sticking two fingers up to the majority of the player base. I can't think of any of the Directive led events where I've gone after the final prize, but I was at least being partially involved and completed many of them.

As another example, if you've done the first Directive already (or close to it) and plug those numbers in, you'll get to Phase 21 by the end of the event.

The freebies you collect could be considered consolation prizes.

Spoiler

A bit outside the scope of this thread, which is more for casuals, but based on Sub_Octavian's PSA for me to get PR would require the first two boosters and Gorizia to quickly complete Directive 3.

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
8 hours ago, psychedelic_13 said:

You may consider getting first booster since it gives 1 mega container right away(1250 doublon). 
Calculate what can it provide extra and decide is it worth for 4750 doublon.

I got the free booster and it's wonderful.

I'll get a few free ones and that's it.

6k doubloons for a single booster? I don't think so. (I don't have that amount of doubloons and I wouldn't pay for it, especially now supporting this WG insanity)

[SINT]
Players
937 posts
21,189 battles

Thanks for your calculation. My clanmates refuse to invest in the PR ( they are smarter then me) both in time and doubloons but will probably still unlock directive 1 and enough daily coins for 2 or even 3 non doubloon buildings .

• Cool 1

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

I finished the 1st one before the construction commences.

I will probably finish the 2nd one in about a week and then try to finish the 3rd one by the end of the event.

That's what an average f2p player can look forward to.

P.S. Still didn't calculate how far would that being me in the PR construction but not far for sure... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Players
1,717 posts
6 minutes ago, Palubarac said:

I finished the 1st one before the construction commences.

I will probably finish the 2nd one in about a week and then try to finish the 3rd one by the end of the event.

That's what an average f2p player can look forward to.

image.png.7e4d01ae95a3565370d7f8a6bf6f656f.png

Image result for my precious gif