You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fat_Maniac

If this is true then I am disgusted. Can someone confirm the translation?

83 comments in this topic

Players
1,685 posts
3,293 battles

What the actual S**T?

I mean, there might be some translation mistakes, but if he really meant that, i demand that guy to be fired ASAP.

Take a look at this post i made

• Cool 1

[PVE-D]
Players
268 posts
9,018 battles

Are you still surprised? 98% of WG employees work in sales by now. They will find a way to outshekel even the last possible player. They don't care for the playerbase or the game at all.

Beta Tester
1,004 posts
16,026 battles

No mistakes in the translation. Clearly stated that only sick, jobless hardcore people who have nothing else to do can complete the grind for free, and this marathon is WG way to thank them by putting meaning into their shut in lifestile. No changes for healthy normies will be made. 

Wish you happy Holidays and time spending with loved ones!

• Funny 6

[LADA]
Players
587 posts
8,938 battles

Just bear in mind that Russian can appear quite abrupt, tactless, bordering on rude - when translated literally word for word into English. 

However....

Combine that with a poor choice of words and a WG mouthpiece who plainly doesn't have the slightest clue what they're talking about......Well done! - you've just poured a bit more petrol onto that fire!I

Edit - not sure why people downvote this - anyone who's spoken to a Russian will back me up. =)

• Cool 17
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,106 posts
7,231 battles

It is poorly worded for sure, but the point doesn't change: the event is catered towards the people who play a lot every single day. I guess that WG have collected statistics (well, analysed the collected statistics) and designed the event in such a way that 1% of the playerbase fulfils the criteria for getting a "free" Puerto Rico.

One likely issue from this is that the collected statistics also contain players who use bot software and/or share accounts, which is not exactly allowed and thus WG is in a situation where they reward players for breaking the game rules or are addicted to playing the game. WG ethics is best ethics, I guess.

• Cool 5

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Insults, we haven't had that one yet...

Classy move WG, will sure work out perfectly well!

giphy.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

Should be interesting when all those people with health issues are denied their Puerto Rico at the end of the Christmas Festivities          :Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 7
  • Funny 8

[XTREM]
Players
1,801 posts
14,043 battles

IF this is true and correct,

Ho lee :etc_swear:

That logic is as amazing as that guy is retarded. 

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

If true then they are in violation of consumer protection laws, as they incite ill players, for example those addicted to online gaming, to play despite that not being in the best interest of the player. And they do that fully aware of that fact and just admitted to it.

I'd like to hear what our CMs have to say to that when they get back from the weekend.

@MrConway @Sehales @Crysantos

• Cool 12

[XTREM]
Players
1,801 posts
14,043 battles

Don't worry though, if you're offended and/or don't have time to earn your PR you can just BUY IT 

:etc_swear: you, give us money :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,631 posts
24,296 battles

gotta think of sto's gekko and his "pvp crowd is 12 years old, living in their moms basement" comment... wp weegee, wp rofl :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[LADA]
Players
587 posts
8,938 battles
Just now, Egoleter said:

If true then they are in violation of consumer protection laws, as they incite ill players, for example those addicted to online gaming, to play despite that not being in the best interest of the player. And they do that fully aware of that fact and just admitted to it.

I'd like to hear what our CMs have to say to that when they get back from the weekend.

@MrConway @Sehales @Crysantos

Don't worry - I'm sure the comments will probably have caused the WG EU staff to collectively facepalm into their desks as much as anyone else.

Expect some furious and likely rushed attempts at backpedalling/damage control. Should be fun to watch.

:cap_book:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,631 posts
24,296 battles
28 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Remember that it's Russian Damage control; fast cooldown but limited charges :Smile_teethhappy:

short, simple and on point....brilliant, thank u :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_great:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles

Yay a new round! Since it was weekend I thought we had to wait at least till monday evening after work is done for new content! But alas! WG certainly didnt drop the ball there; just about everything else.

51 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Behold, WG's new PR tactic

2006729.png

It was actually surprisingly easy to find a ponified dumpster fire - even I am surprised.  :crab:

• Funny 14
  • Angry 1

[YOBOY]
Players
1,070 posts
9,621 battles
21 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Just bear in mind that Russian can appear quite abrupt, tactless, bordering on rude - when translated literally word for word into English. 

However....

Combine that with a poor choice of words and a WG mouthpiece who plainly doesn't have the slightest clue what they're talking about......Well done! - you've just poured a bit more petrol onto that fire!I

Edit - not sure why people downvote this - anyone who's spoken to a Russian will back me up. =)

Even with 50% discount for Russian translation (I know Russian is on the lower end of politeness scale) it is pretty rude.

Players
3,428 posts
14,187 battles
10 minutes ago, havaduck said:

Yay a new round! Since it was weekend I thought we had to wait at least till monday evening after work is done for new content! But alas! WG certainly didnt drop the ball there; just about everything else.

Its was actually surprising easy to find a poniefid dumpster fire - even I am surprised.  :crab:

Dear Lord is NOTHING SACRED!!! GAH!!!!

:cap_rambo::Smile_veryhappy:

• Funny 1

[HOO]
Players
1,915 posts
3,770 battles
16 minutes ago, Dampfboot said:

Even with 50% discount for Russian translation (I know Russian is on the lower end of politeness scale) it is pretty rude.

And as someone who is Bipolar and unable to work because of it, I am disgusted with the WG founder's remarks.

Yes I know from a cultural point of view Russians look at things differently from us here in the West. But we have been loyal paying customers, just like the Russians themselves, and any successful global organisation has to be mindful, if it cares about it's customers and wants to retain them. The head of an organisation that I have supported, has disgusted me, .That comment speaks volumes about the culture and values within that organisation,  and what they truly think of their customers. And this from an organisation that is sponsoring a charity event next week 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/children-future/

Wow just wow.

• Cool 19

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,631 posts
24,296 battles
3 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

And as someone who is Bipolar and unable to work because of it, I am disgusted with the WG founder's remarks.

Yes I know from a cultural point of view Russians look at things differently from us here in the West. But we have been loyal paying customers, just like the Russians themselves, and any successful global organisation has to be mindful, if it cares about it's customers and wants to retain them. The head of an organisation that I have supported, has disgusted me, .That comment speaks volumes about the culture and values within that organisation,  and what they truly think of their customers. And this from an organisation that is sponsoring a charity event next week 

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/children-future/

Wow just wow.

just 4 u to know: i clicked the "cool" button like a 10th times, only shows 1 sadly :Smile_sad::Smile_smile::Smile_honoring:

• Cool 4

[HOO]
Players
1,915 posts
3,770 battles
3 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

just 4 u to know: i clicked the "cool" button like a 10th times, only shows 1 sadly :Smile_sad::Smile_smile::Smile_honoring:

I'm reminded of this, off the cuff remark, and what happened to him and his company as a result.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
671 posts
10,218 battles

I've been saying for months now that the company is in financial difficulties and has dropped any and all pretense at developing the game, except where that development leads to direct revenue.

Which is why the operations are dead, balance has gone out the window and why so many new ships have been introduced - and probably why Subs will be rushed in also - they need direct revenue now and their usual revenue streams are failing because of a) High churn rate and b) drop in the majority of long-term gamers actively purchasing things.

The PR disaster is a big trap to get those people who have dropped some Dubs into boodting PR to them cough up the full term penalty Dubs at the end of the grind - which was designed to be impossible.

I really dont see why so many people are surprised at these shenanigins, they have been going on for some time and will not stop anytime soon - they cant afford to.

• Cool 1