Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GraySlayer

Yugo Torps

11 comments in this topic

Players
580 posts
3,183 battles

Hi Guys

Do you think i'm better off on my Yugo with F3s at 8km or Type 93s Mod 3 with TA at 9.6km?

Cheers

[ONE2]
Players
3,090 posts
22,116 battles
1 hour ago, GraySlayer said:

Hi Guys

Do you think i'm better off on my Yugo with F3s at 8km or Type 93s Mod 3 with TA at 9.6km?

Cheers

I tried both and I have decided to stick with the option 2 for the time being. Gives you more flexibility in terms of targets you can launch your torps at. 8km pretty much have to make sure the target is coming towards you or parallel course to score a hit and miss if they turn. With longer range, you chances improve slightly, even if the target makes a sudden course change or turns away a bit.:cap_like:

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,127 posts
21,878 battles

I used to play F3 only before the 12 km torps were added, now I play the latter. The range gives more flexibility and the torps are fast enough. Radio Location is much more valuable than TA because I have no smoke.

• Cool 1

Players
580 posts
3,183 battles

Thanks. I am using the 12km ones with TA and am doing ok with them. I just thought I might be missing a trick with the F3s.

[JRM]
Players
6,768 posts

If you primarily go for cap contesting take the photons (8km + TA) couse you will mostly torp other dds so you want to cut their reaction time as much as possible and it will be torping in knife fight ranges anyway, if you primarily go for spot & spam on flanks take the 12km option (without TA BTW) same goes for shima in Randoms

Players
580 posts
3,183 battles
11 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

If you primarily go for cap contesting take the photons (8km + TA) couse you will mostly torp other dds so you want to cut their reaction time as much as possible and it will be torping in knife fight ranges anyway, if you primarily go for spot & spam on flanks take the 12km option (without TA BTW) same goes for shima in Randoms

Don't bother with TA? Not worth the 2 points for the 5 knots?

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,768 posts

If you want the flanking role you will need that range, you want to be able to launch from 8-9 km and still have option to reach target if they turn out, 1-2 hits is still better then 0 hits if the torps run out right before the target...

TA is 2 pt skill

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,959 battles

Staying unspotted is key in todays meta so sacrificing range is for me a no go. Sub 10 km torps are not brilliant especially at tier 9-10 (some work but they have tools to make shorter range torps work, the IJN don't) and AR is IMO a better point investment then TA.

Beta Tester
1,934 posts
11,809 battles
3 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

I used to play F3 only before the 12 km torps were added, now I play the latter. The range gives more flexibility and the torps are fast enough. Radio Location is much more valuable than TA because I have no smoke.

So much THIS!! RL is a must in Yugumo without smoke (im just hoping everyone uses TRB). Being able to "see" where the closest target (DD) is will give you so much more then 5 knots speed. You dont wanna get ambushed by a Kitakami or a Freisland.

Go with 12 km torps with TRB, and RL and just spam floods on the BBs

[SM0KE]
Players
5,843 posts
14,110 battles
3 hours ago, GraySlayer said:

Don't bother with TA? Not worth the 2 points for the 5 knots?

I don't; I find the extra reach is more important at higher tiers where you usually need to be worrying about radar.

FWIW I do run TA sometimes; the obvious example (for me) being my Fubuki/Asashio captain - who's basically built for the latter.

Sign in to follow this