Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Peroidas

Which ship for coal?

15 comments in this topic

Players
137 posts
3,304 battles

Thanks to the snowflakes, I am getting super close to getting my first coal ship. I think I can get enough coal in time to get a T9 ship using this years coupon. Could you give advice which of them is best for a rather average player?

Jean Bart? Georgia?

Or maybe wait a bit longer and get one of the T10 (Thunderer?) though this means I'll haveto use 2020 discount.

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles

I like both Georgia and JB. Not sure which is best. JB probably can be played a bit more bb-like and may be a bit easier. Don't have the Thunderer, but it's supposed to be good. Depends on what you're after. JB is pretty close to the Richelieu/Alsace, Georgia more unique bb-cruiser.

Players
174 posts
2,906 battles

Took a look at your stats, I think you will be better of taking the Georgia or Thunderer. More health, better armor, faster heal. But seems you play on and off and mostly below average dmg PR etc, you will need to get some more exp because whichever ship you take it will be Piñata party for the reds...

• Cool 1

Players
10,110 posts
11,872 battles

Keep in mind tier 10 "premiums" don't have improved credit gains, they do have hilariously low maintenance costs tho.

Thus, if you need credits then Jean Bart vs Georgia. If its just "fun" ship, then tier 10 also apply. But what goes for your particular brand of fun, you need to answer yourself.

[BG-DR]
Players
189 posts
20,175 battles

If you are looking for a moneymaker, go fo JB or Georgia. I have JB, not a bad ship but im not fan of it and i have Missouri for earning money!
Thunderer is not a premium ship, as all other TX ships for coal or steel! They are earning some amount of money only because of the camos they have, but the dont have money multiplayer to earn credits as premium ships!

[NAN0]
Players
253 posts
1,871 battles

Georgia has:

-fast speed

-accurate and long range secondaries

-guns pack a punch

-quick cooldown heal

-decent AA

Downside is that you'll want a separate commander.

I've had matches against JB, both of us nose in.

I can perma break JBs turrets in my Georgia(because they are both infront and they have a very flat angle), then it just becomes a big torpedo.

So far i had amazing fun with Georgia, but i dont have JB...and dont really want her tbh.

Players
137 posts
3,304 battles
55 minutes ago, SamuraiShakaViking said:

Are yoshino or azuma competitive alternatives or not really?

I do not know really. How survivable are those? I assumed that those battlecruisers need higher skill floor as their armour is rather weak. And as @rilship mentionned, I do not play very often and I am not very good player. 

Though sometimes I have a feeling that WR is strange or I am just unlucky.

Today I played 4 random battles in Dunkerque (out of 5  games I played in her), lost all even though in 3 of them I actually feel I did well (at least for me :D over 70k damage, caps, etc).

FE this: 

Adnotacja 2019-12-14 220509.jpg

[-TPF-]
Players
4,029 posts
16,650 battles
4 hours ago, Peroidas said:

Thanks to the snowflakes, I am getting super close to getting my first coal ship. I think I can get enough coal in time to get a T9 ship using this years coupon. Could you give advice which of them is best for a rather average player?

Jean Bart? Georgia?

JB. Even if you play her in Co-op only she is

a) hilarious

and

b) a boon for completing those dumb directives where you need 500-5000 secondary hits.

She's a Dunkerque with 1,000,000 secondary guns, AA that shreds planes, and main guns which hit hard. She doesn't like HE spam, though, so be careful of enemy cruisers.

[-TCP-]
Players
220 posts

I picked up Georgia recently. Its a brilliant ship, I have mine set up as long range mains and strong secondaries. Running at a 61% WR at the moment. By far my most fav BB.

Not got JB.

Yet....

Players
8,399 posts
9,218 battles
1 hour ago, SamuraiShakaViking said:

Are yoshino or azuma competitive alternatives or not really?

Too low impact for randoms, imo. Survivability is ok, but burning down stuff from range is just not a playstyle that can carry hard most of the time. 

Players
1,724 posts
3,315 battles

@Peroidas go for Georgia, you won't regret it. She was my first coal ship and I think she's worth all the coal that you spend in it. I'm not saying that Jean Bart is bad, I just think Georgia is better. (Definitely better than Puerto Rico :Smile_veryhappy:) and she also the every playstile; accuracy, secondary, your choice.

Plus, the weeb Georgia exist soo... double worth it?:Smile_smile: (Jean Bart exist too)

Georgia.png

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,906 posts
12,203 battles

Georgia, Smolensk, Jean Bart and Thunderer all excellent ships, you cant go wrong here whatever you pick.

[JAG]
[JAG]
Players
13 posts
12,740 battles

If you want a BB, all of them are good, watch some vids and decide. If you want a cruiser take Salem or Smolensk.

Sign in to follow this