Sign in to follow this  
Franz_Kuznetsov

HSF Harekaze best Commander skills

5 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
1,501 battles

Hi! I have a HSF Harekaze with all 4 captains with 11 points now and I used 10 of them.
I chosed the B Hull with 100mm Akizuki-like guns and I decided to change my original commander "configuration" of  Torpedo Armament Expertise + Concealment Expert to a more gun focused Inertia Fuse for HE Shells + Demolition Expert because I use Torpedo Reload Booster and I thought about the fact that  the -10% torpedo reload time of TAE was not a priority (I'll add it as soon as I have another 2 points spare) and the 5.4 km concealment range of CE instead of the base concealment of 6km it's not that much of a change if you already play stealth without smoke (I can wait to add it in the future) DO YOU THINK IT IS A RIGHT CONFIGURATION OR IT IS BETTER THE PREVIOUS ONE? given 11 points I mean, with the max 19 points would be no problem, what I should prioritize?
Thank you very much for the advice you would give me. :cap_yes:

[CATS]
Players
21,139 posts
12,903 battles

Take CE first.

IFHE is nice, when you use the captain for Akizuki or her bigger sisters.

Is she a Harekaze exclusive captain, I would take Basic Firing Training before IFHE. Her strength is her ability to eliminate nearly all enemy DD her Tier or lower in a gunfight.

[POI--]
Players
6,231 posts
7,422 battles

At 11 points, your best bet is Priority Target (helpful to know when your cheeky gunning attracted attention) or Preventative Maintainance (when you think that everyone targets you anyway), then Last Stand, Survivability Expert (always helpful on the lowest hp pool of T8 ships) and Concealment Expert. Next 4 points into IFHE, then BFT, then AR.

Frankly, your build seems to me questionable and the logic behind it too. Building a gun-focused DD with TRB raises the question, how are you going to use the guns? You cannot gun openly, because your 13k hp is a joke and any ship that farts in your general direction will wreck your DD. You cannot gun from smoke, because you have none. On the other hand, playing with TRB, usually you rely on 5.4 km concealment to outspot everyone, so you sacrifice the smoke by playing a bit more carefully. But with 6 km detectability, you basically get outspotted by almost everyone at high tiers and even Akizuki has only 100 m worse concealment. You can no longer avoid fights through better concealment, if you meet an Akizuki you are absolute toast.

IFHE is definitely not more useful than CE. Not on Harekaze anyway. It was when the guns couldn't hurt crap in the past and you relied on 6 km detectability AND smoke to keep you alive, but now that 10 cm guns pen 25 mm of plating anyway, no point in having the IFHE.

Demo Expert and TAE are both not worth it. 3 point skills should be SE for actually having an hp pool that isn't gone with a sneeze by a BB and BFT, which just straight up buffs your dpm by 11%, while DE only buffs your fire setting that is absolutely pointless against any class other than BBs (because everyone else takes far less damage from fires). BFT over TAE also is my choice because both armaments are of immense value to Harekaze, but guns are also of defensive value, gunning down DDs that try to chase you. Torp reload is far less useful for surviving such encounters.

Players
6 posts
1,501 battles
15 minuti fa, Sleepy_Bunny ha scritto:

At 11 points, your best bet is Priority Target (helpful to know when your cheeky gunning attracted attention) or Preventative Maintainance (when you think that everyone targets you anyway), then Last Stand, Survivability Expert (always helpful on the lowest hp pool of T8 ships) and Concealment Expert. Next 4 points into IFHE, then BFT, then AR.

Frankly, your build seems to me questionable and the logic behind it too. Building a gun-focused DD with TRB raises the question, how are you going to use the guns? You cannot gun openly, because your 13k hp is a joke and any ship that farts in your general direction will wreck your DD. You cannot gun from smoke, because you have none. On the other hand, playing with TRB, usually you rely on 5.4 km concealment to outspot everyone, so you sacrifice the smoke by playing a bit more carefully. But with 6 km detectability, you basically get outspotted by almost everyone at high tiers and even Akizuki has only 100 m worse concealment. You can no longer avoid fights through better concealment, if you meet an Akizuki you are absolute toast.

IFHE is definitely not more useful than CE. Not on Harekaze anyway. It was when the guns couldn't hurt crap in the past and you relied on 6 km detectability AND smoke to keep you alive, but now that 10 cm guns pen 25 mm of plating anyway, no point in having the IFHE.

Demo Expert and TAE are both not worth it. 3 point skills should be SE for actually having an hp pool that isn't gone with a sneeze by a BB and BFT, which just straight up buffs your dpm by 11%, while DE only buffs your fire setting that is absolutely pointless against any class other than BBs (because everyone else takes far less damage from fires). BFT over TAE also is my choice because both armaments are of immense value to Harekaze, but guns are also of defensive value, gunning down DDs that try to chase you. Torp reload is far less useful for surviving such encounters.

Thanks for your post Sleepy Bunny (is it a Laffey (Azure Lane) reference? ;P )  Preventative Maintainance and Last Stand are a must have for destroyers and light cruisers, I agree, I always have them, I use PM even on Battleships, Last Stand is not as useful for BBs, Adrenaline Rush is better for BBs I think.
I don't like Priority Target cos if I play poor I'm toasted anyway even with that warning... lol XD I prefer to spend the points in other skills, maybe in the future.
About CE you are right, my doubts were about it, cos I have seen the difference in not having it in recent matches after my changes, and I have started to think I have done an error... lol XD
I found your post useful, basically I have 2 choises, or I try to change my style of play and starting to fire frome the smoke or I must spend doblons to change again and return to CE and other minor changes as you suggested.  ;)

Players
91 posts
16,551 battles

It depends, mostly, by your usage:
Harekaze is a damn, stealthy, little demon (skilled for concealment, it is, at 5.4km, the lowest value possible for ANY DD from ANY tier).

You can go with a full torp-boat captain set up, focused on stealthyness, torpedo reload, Radio finding (to know where DO NOT go, if I suspect there are other DDs around that could stop my approach to a torp run):
image.thumb.png.99764784496dbafc890d9f0b4b6431f2.png
(this from my t,10 Shimakaze, the basic template for all the Japanese torp-based DD that I use)

... or, for example, sometime I use my Kitakaze or Harugumo captain, the two high tier Japanese Gun-boat destroyer that shares the SAME 100mm turrets (USE the HAREKAZE ONLY with those 100mm guns!!!), because it's extremely dangerous also:
image.thumb.png.20bb5705579af265524084b101834579.png

... but lately I'm preparing a specific captain just for her, that will be an hybrid: basically it will be the same as the Kitakaze/Harugumo one, but probably swapping BFT for Torpedo Reload.

The actual captain it lacks still Adr. Rush and Torp. Reload, but... well... IJN destroyers were my first love and the DD itself is pretty deadly, on expert hands:

(a match of mine, saved on Twitch, with the actual 14 xp point captain still in training)
(actually, it's at 15 points, but only 14 are already used)

Sign in to follow this