Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

Amids the malcontent regarding the X-mas content, I want to express my gratitude & approval for the HMS Ajax camouflage we can earn.

40 comments in this topic

Players
727 posts
2,094 battles

@MrFingers I'd like if they add "perma" historical camos for literally every silver ship in the game (form tier 1, maybe 2 all the way to tier 10). As you said, i can even don't have any modifiers, but it will be cool to have. Maybe they could do it so that you need to grind it after your ship got elite status (just as you proposed). I'd really like to... sealclub... i mean, take out my kongo (which i kept) for that.

Besides, i don't play WT, but i do play Il-2 1946 and there are tons and tons of realistic and what-if camos for the planes (the what-if are possible camos that look realistic but of course were never used, like the camos for the Horten for example). Plus, i'd like if they add a feature like in WT where you can choose the degree of weathering of your skin; because rust is actually the worst enemy for ship (even worse than Smolensk). Just look at how rusty is my New Mexico.

shot-19_12.14_18_36.49-0380.thumb.jpg.dd22ac276fb0d3ffc8ec1a018f2b3809.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,025 posts
2,856 battles

just curious have they changed the secondary flags, my bismarck used to get 500 secondary hits + in co op but i havent hit 100 yet....

it's making the grind super annoying.

Players
727 posts
2,094 battles

I have a magazine about Scharnhorst and Gneisenau and at the end there is a section that shows all the camos that those two ships had over their service; however i can't show it here because almost every camo has Swastikas on it (i counted 58); tho i can show you the front of the Magazine (it only exist in Italian). Actually did you know that the left facing swastika (the mirror version of the one of the Nazi party) was actually used a lot during ww1 by almost every country (even UK and the USA) as a symbol of good luck.

Here is the magazine

IMG_20191214_194012.thumb.jpg.32b5a8dd7acb68fdbf7d67417a7eaa3a.jpg

Players
5,002 posts
10,039 battles
1 hour ago, black_falcon120 said:

just curious have they changed the secondary flags, my bismarck used to get 500 secondary hits + in co op but i havent hit 100 yet....

it's making the grind super annoying.

Probably due to more severe competition as people are scrambling to get their directives done in time.

I notice a lot more killstealing in coop as well.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,020 posts
10,891 battles

This set of missions is pretty easy and quick if done in a scenario or co-op. My best ships for this just happen to be the Leander and Perth as they both have smoke. It would be even better if the camouflage changed the ships name to Ajax too. I did the last part in co-op and just created a division, invited people, and if if no-one joined it still counted as a division. Neat. Co-op is pretty good just to knock snowflakes off LOL.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,025 posts
2,856 battles
2 minutes ago, Akula971 said:

This set of missions is pretty easy and quick if done in a scenario or co-op. My best ships for this just happen to be the Leander and Perth as they both have smoke. It would be even better if the camouflage changed the ships name to Ajax too. I did the last part in co-op and just created a division, invited people, and if if no-one joined it still counted as a division. Neat. Co-op is pretty good just to knock snowflakes off LOL.

i'm usin it to farm in my edinburgh, downside is i can't use it to get the fire starter directive, but hey....

[SLUG]
Players
59 posts
6,404 battles
7 minutes ago, Akula971 said:

I did the last part in co-op and just created a division, invited people, and if if no-one joined it still counted as a division. Neat.

Glad about that. I don't play  in divisions, so I can complete this mission! Weeeee!

The recent RAF camo for the Polish ship was nice looking, too.

[OEL]
Players
174 posts
2,906 battles

Is this a joke? Leander camo made you so happy you had to express gratitude in the mids of the most blatant money grab by WG and WoWS?

• Bad 1

[BABBY]
Players
531 posts
9,210 battles
54 minutes ago, slugford said:

The recent RAF camo for the Polish ship was nice looking, too.

Yes, except the solo cap task took me so long that i missed the reward by 1 evening :etc_swear:

• Cool 3

[SLUG]
Players
59 posts
6,404 battles
4 minutes ago, rilship said:

Is this a joke? Leander camo made you so happy you had to express gratitude in the mids of the most blatant money grab by WG and WoWS?

I think his opening sentence sets his stall out well on that point. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,931 posts
10,968 battles
3 hours ago, MrFingers said:

Amids the malcontent regarding the X-mas content, I want to express my gratitude & approval for the HMS Ajax camouflage we can earn.

While I do concur with Fingers post, as is often the case, if I were to do that in the face of all else WG is doing, I would need somebody help me tie a dozen (thorny!) Roses around a heavy brick. So yeah more of that, less of "normal WG"; in fact I advise excision in toto in that regard.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,975 posts
1 hour ago, rilship said:

If it’s bad, they’ll know (and knowing they do... I tore them a new one over the Gorizia-lies without a single grain of remorse), but if something is good, they also have the right to know that, and that such things should be acknowledged.

• Cool 3

[OEL]
Players
174 posts
2,906 battles

@MrFingers Nice to see you here!I have quoted you in one my my latest threads and would like to personally THANK YOU for your fight against the blind greed and total disconnect WG is showing us all.

• Boring 1

[GWOJ]
Players
934 posts
8,606 battles

If it would have been something for Fiji, I would have rejoiced. Leander, meh, never gonna play it.

But at least they made one player happy!

[H_FAN]
Players
2,323 posts
33,372 battles
7 minutes ago, Dampfboot said:

If it would have been something for Fiji, I would have rejoiced. Leander, meh, never gonna play it.

But at least they made one player happy!

Yes, but as it is tied to River Plate fight, Fiji did not participate, only Ajax ( Leander), Exeter and Achilles (Perth).

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
3,690 posts
19,796 battles
16 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Probably due to more severe competition as people are scrambling to get their directives done in time.

I notice a lot more killstealing in coop as well.

Kill stealing is just the same as every time a mission of any kind involving kills is in queue - horrible and you either jump the wagon or are left standing on the roadside while the a** are laughing at you....

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
Players
1,995 posts
22,096 battles
3 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Yes, but as it is tied to River Plate fight, Fiji did not participate, only Ajax ( Leander), Exeter and Achilles (Perth).

HMNZS Achilles is also a Leander class cruiser.

[-TPF-]
Players
2,636 posts
11,698 battles
39 minutes ago, fumtu said:

HMNZS Achilles is also a Leander class cruiser.

He's right, you know. Perth was part of the Amphion sub class of Leander class cruisers (she has two funnels, rather than the Leander's one large trunk funnel).

3 hours ago, Dampfboot said:

Leander, meh, never gonna play it.

Oh, do. Great fun in any Tier VI Operation/Scenario battle.

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
2,636 posts
11,698 battles
22 hours ago, MrFingers said:

EDIT: yes, that means I want my pink HMS Berwick and HMS Kenya.

There's a very nice white/red stripe Mediterranean camo for RN G and H Class DDs which would look nice on Gallant:

dd_hms_hero_h99.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
5,002 posts
10,039 battles
5 hours ago, Sleepy_Bunny said:

How long can this camo be earned?

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-0811/

The Battle of the River Plate

December 13 is the 80th anniversary of the Battle of the River Plate—the first major naval battle of World War II. For completing a chain of combat missions dedicated to the battle that pitted a British squadron against pocket battleship Admiral Graf Spee, you'll receive the Ajax 1940 permanent camouflage for cruiser flag_United_Kingdom_c1f75d7cca85dc4b4820normal_874a3bdc3134b8da4fd6f52186f1b2b68 VI Leander.

image.png.2ba2dc9fdcf1a3dc2a4e683b74572b50.png
Start: Fri. 13 Dec. 06:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Fri. 13 Dec. 06:00
End: Fri. 20 Dec. 06:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Fri. 20 Dec. 06:00

I inserted the link to this topic into the times as the white may make them hard to read when using the lighter layout.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this