You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
THE_JUDEAN_PEOPLES_FRONT

HOW TO FIX THE BROKEN RICO RELEASE.

13 comments in this topic

Players
89 posts
5,437 battles

So the shite storm has happened.

The wheels have come off.

The masses have revolted.

The masters are oblivious to (or care little for )the chaos they have caused.

So im looking for suggestions on how to fix this. Not speaking about refunds etc as that has already been discussed. Im talking fixes to the shipyard and the directives. Any suggestions posted please tag the WG manager or assoiate you think needs to hear it.

Ill start with my humble opinon.

So make the shipyard a permanent feature of the game. Each time a new premium  ship is realeased the grind to accure it should be shown in the exact same way as the RICO, weather its coal or steel or dubloons or directives.. the amount needed should go down as you progress.  For example as i acquire coal for the thunderer the final amount goes down and the ship gets closer to finishing.EG. ive completed 50% it should cost 50 euros(dublooms,coal,steel). If its 80% done it should cost 10 euros. To keep the accountants at WG happy a dubloon option should be made available to finish the ship at any time past 50% complete.

I think if this was done with the RICO then people could choose their posion and as much as most say they would grind it for free almost all would spend at least some money to finish early. Surely this would be better then doing it this way where alot of people saying no outright cause of the way it was handled.

I am not trying to leave WG off the hook for what is/was a disastous patch and not a stellar 2019 but im just a huge fan of this game and want to see it  succeed. Maybe with some good ideas from the community they might be able to rescue this patch. Now i know even if they do use a suggestion from a community player they would never admit it but who cares.. they can have all the credit -))

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
8 posts
2,304 battles

Take a nothing off, as in a zero, divide ‘every’ requirement by a factor of 10.

Ironically the zero being same number of F’s given by Wargaming bosses about the community.

Truthfully, Since wargaming now changed the wording on the requirements ‘After’ its been released somebody should in America at least be queuing up a class action suit for ‘Bait and Switch’ because that’s what this is.

Utterly disgusted with Wargaming over this, it is a crappy thing to do...  so yeah, divide by 10.

Edited by ktarr2
Fixed a typo
  • Cool 1

Players
602 posts
2,069 battles
1 hour ago, THE_JUDEAN_PEOPLES_FRONT said:

I think if this was done with the RICO then people could choose their posion and as much as most say they would grind it for free almost all would spend at least some money to finish early. Surely this would be better then doing it this way where alot of people saying no outright cause of the way it was handled.

"almost all would spend at least some money to finish early". Well great, you want to perpetuate the very trap that WG set up with the PR event, which if you forgot is to say something is 'free' only for people to discover life events take over or time runs out.

As soon as people are engaged in a competition they become compelled to finish one way or another due to the (often) vast amounts of time they've already put into the endeavour. This is coercive pressure from the instigators of the competition, they designed it to draw people in and take part, only to hide the ultimate price they pay in time or buy-out. You should not encourage a competition that has a buy-out clause ever, it is immoral not because it is an awful rip off of people who can afford it, but because it puts undue pressure on people who can't afford it.

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,434 posts
9,695 battles

Simply remove the end date of this event, let it be permanent. We might be able to do directive 7 by the end of next year lol

• Cool 6

Players
89 posts
5,437 battles
34 minutes ago, 250swb said:

This is coercive pressure from the instigators of the competition, they designed it to draw people in and take part, only to hide the ultimate price they pay in time or buy-out. You should not encourage a competition that has a buy-out clause ever, it is immoral not because it is an awful rip off of people who can afford it, but because it puts undue pressure on people who can't afford it.

Surely the problem with the RICO was that wow hide the true nature of the grind and how much dublooms or money would be needed to finish.which was horrible and underhanded and they should rightly be held accountable for that.

Now If they had been upfront and said it costs 180 euros or will take 18 hours a day to grind then the players would then have had A CHOICE  on what they wanted to do. WG are many things but parents or moral compass they aint.

If a person playing this game cant stop themselves from spending money to finish the grind on a pixel ship then surely the issue is not with wargaming its with that individual.

[SV]
Players
348 posts
8,703 battles
34 minutes ago, kfa said:

Simply remove the end date of this event, let it be permanent. We might be able to do directive 7 by the end of next year lol

would be nice to the people who has already spendt 54k dubs !

• Cool 1

Players
8,204 posts
9,745 battles
9 minutes ago, albin322 said:

would be nice to the people who has already spendt 54k dubs !

inb4 WG introduces "Event extender" in premium store:cap_book:

• Funny 3

Players
4,162 posts
7,592 battles
53 minutes ago, kfa said:

Problem here is that WG will presumably want to use the shipyard system again so they can't have it tied up with the PR indefinitely.

I think the only option is to put up with this :etc_swear: as it is but find some very cool new year event to compensate.

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Beta Tester, Players
274 posts
8,500 battles

Easily, you want to change their behaviour get your local authorities interested in WGs understanding of a lottery and questionable business practices.

• Funny 1

[-RNG-]
Players
47 posts
11,792 battles
1 hour ago, kfa said:

Hi. What WG, could look at is spreading the event over 3 months (an arc).

However after each month, the rewards along the way, could be reduced, and in the case of the santa boxes, replaced with something current. 

Having the interim rewards still linked to time would encourage players to get as much done as soon as possible and putting back the deadline make the PR achievable  to more players. 

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Beta Tester, Players
274 posts
8,500 battles

@veslingr Keen to hear your solution, or are you just some bot paid by Wg? 
It clearly falls into the grey area for multiple European countries but who am I to judge? I presume you laughing about my suggestion means you have a better understanding of law and hence will be able to enlighten us?

• Funny 1