Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ALONE_ITA

Balancing Italian cruisers

13 comments in this topic

[ITA]
Players
215 posts
16,513 battles
To better balance Italian cruisers ....... reduce guns loading times to half and decrease AP power to half. What do you think?
  • Cool 2

Players
1,712 posts
3,314 battles
2 minuti fa, ALONE_ITA ha scritto:
To better balance Italian cruisers ....... reduce guns loading times to half and decrease AP power to half. What do you think?

Honestly i don't know, the only think i know is that they still struggle a bit.

[CATS]
Players
27,442 posts
14,565 battles
13 minutes ago, ALONE_ITA said:

NO. That would double the SAP firepower and make AP even more useless.

• Cool 2

[ITA]
Players
215 posts
16,513 battles
In fact, in my opinion with the SAPs you don't need APs.

Players
138 posts
2,921 battles

What about buffing AP values? They are way too situational, if i shoot a broadside cruiser at 13 im i expect to citadel it (talking about cruisers who can actually eat citadel hits regularly with other guns) 

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,171 posts
6,300 battles

Ive grinded the line from tier 1 and Im now on tier 7. Took a break now since Im knocking off snowflakes on all my ships. My thoughts so far is they have idioticly good dispersion and grouping, extremely accurate ships. SAP does okay damage and I see no issues with that either. My main concern is the very very low dpm, the gun reload is just too much and the AP is this far borderline useless. You need to be pretty much point blank range in order for it to be effective.

But all in all I dont think the tier 4-7 ships are as bad as people claim. They are hard to play but you can do well in them. They turn very well so theyre good at evading fire, and they have really good gunangles. Together with very good dispersion and accuracy you can pester the enemies a lot, just wish the reload wasnt as long. I have noticed thou that the reload, accuracy and SAP really makes your aiming important, it very much teaches you to aim properly and Ive found that immensly helpful when playing other ships aswell.

[CATS]
Players
27,442 posts
14,565 battles
15 minutes ago, ALONE_ITA said:

Then why you do want to make them more useless?

That is bad game design.

• Cool 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
Alle 14/12/2019 alle 15:19, ALONE_ITA ha scritto:

What? AP power is already on the low end as they are one of the worst AP at tier 9-10 as far as damage and penetration are concerned. 

Also doubling the SAP DPM would make them hella OP, a more reasonable buff would be increase pen values to Venezia level on all tiers...

• Cool 1

Players
6,613 posts
10,866 battles
2 hours ago, ALONE_ITA said:

so you actually want to just make them stronger, not balance them. should rename the topic then.

1 hour ago, Bics93 said:

What? AP power is already on the low end ad they are one of the worst AP at tier 9-10 as far as damage and penetration are concerned. 

Also doubling the SAP DPM would make them hella OP, a more reasonable buff would be increase pen values to Venezia level on all tiers...

Indeed. The obvious thing is to nerf SAP so that you can lower the reload. which makes a lot of sense to me. And it needs to be done in a way, that DDs are more save from SAP while SAP still is usefull against BBs. So dont touch the pen but lower the alpha damage, imo. One salvo from an italian cruiser as a DD can really make you go YAAA SUUUUURE infront of your PC. And I think WG gave them a slow reload exactly for that reason. Other approach would be better tho.

Edit: by not touching AP and lowering reload its a AP buff at the same time, so that solves that aswell. Makes the ammu choice more interesting.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,024 posts
16,615 battles
30 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Indeed. The obvious thing is to nerf SAP so that you can lower the reload. which makes a lot of sense to me. And it needs to be done in a way, that DDs are more save from SAP while SAP still is usefull against BBs. So dont touch the pen but lower the alpha damage, imo. One salvo from an italian cruiser as a DD can really make you go YAAA SUUUUURE infront of your PC. And I think WG gave them a slow reload exactly for that reason. Other approach would be better tho.

They get more powerful the higher up the Tiers you go.  I have no idea whether the designs for Amalfi, Brindisi and Venizia are anything more than fantasy but when the number of guns gets above eight SAP salvos can suddenly start to do nasty damage numbers to anything. 

Overall I like the effect it has on Heavy Cruisers - it makes them feel powerful, especially against DDs and CLs, which too often left them standing in a DPS race - without being OP.

I don't care for it too much against BBs, though, and I don't much care for the Tier V Italian cruiser at all - it's neither fish nor fowl, that one. 

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
32 minuti fa, ForlornSailor ha scritto:

One salvo from an italian cruiser as a DD can really make you go YAAA SUUUUURE infront of your PC.

Just blapped a Mutsuki for 6k in my Trento :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this