You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RigorMortis76

Thank you WG for Christmas events

34 comments in this topic

Players
79 posts
9,121 battles

Thanks for the huge pile of coal, steel and Santa boxes and codes I am getting for free. With coal and steel I get free ships. I also like the contents of the Santa boxes, can always use flags and camo and 2100 free doubloons to grind new shiplines.

You also made a nice PR grind event for people that want to spent a huge amount of time and doubloons for the coming month. I wont be trying myself but truth be told its a nice event.

Ofcourse you always will find complainers about free stuff, just ignore them :-). However I do feel (intended?) irony in the name Snowflakes... Is it because you anticipated the current entitled snowflake generation is never satisfied?

Thanks Wargaming for this game I play daily. And please don't kowtow to the snowflakes.

Happy Christmas,

P.S. looking forward to the submarines.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 37
  • Angry 4

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,707 posts
10,659 battles

You're delusional or being incredibly obsequious, surely. Do you even realise how many people you're dismissing here? Thumbs down to you. Your fanboyism is obscuring your ability to correctly judge the reality of the event.

• Cool 11

[SONLY]
Beta Tester
57 posts
7,269 battles

The only nice thing about the event is the presentation. Which makes it even harder to comprehend the grind they ask people to go through, especially when they have paid money for the boosters. 

Why have all this nicely done visual stuff about buidling a ship and then come out and say: "Oh sorry guys, its only for 0.001% of the community". If you're not a part of that I guess you are asked to be quiet and enjoy the free stuff.

EDIT: spelling

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,427 posts
9,675 battles

I dont know if OP is just trolling or simply an ignorant fanboy

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,897 posts
16,239 battles
3 minutes ago, kfa said:

I dont know if OP is just trolling or simply an ignorant fanboy

He's probably a shill told by a WG employee to post this, so that the community team can cut out his post and show "positive feedback" to management.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
2,325 posts
8,142 battles

All the people downvoting u.. Their tears. For someone being thankful for free stuff. It's amazing.

Nice positive feedback. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,850 posts
4,993 battles

Oh my God. Look at that Nice little Sheeple. Its soooo Cute.

I get this part *takes out a marker and draws a Circle on its rear Leg*

• Cool 1

[PSDNR]
Players
14 posts

Best part about the patch : Miku has been removed from the loading screen and replaced with an ad for the puerto richkid. I am so thankful you took away something amazing and replaced it with trash. Really.

[JAG]
Players
13 posts
11,862 battles

You should not be making jokes like these or WG will take you seriously and think that they will not lose support for using misleading advertisements and outright lies to make more cash.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,603 posts
7,502 battles

How much did you drink before writing this?

[BYOB]
Players
3,897 posts
16,239 battles
17 minutes ago, domen3 said:

How much did you drink before writing this?

I'd rather wonder how much is WG paying.

• Cool 2

[RO-RN]
Players
632 posts
7,831 battles

Is this trolling? If not then what did they offer you and others who thing that this even is ,,NICE''?  A  fort knox? Anyway with minds like this i believe human race will be over in 300 years or early.

• Cool 1

Players
2,193 posts

If you overlook the PR fiasco, you would need to compare it with past Xmas offerings to see if it was good or not. Free stuff is always good, getting value for money and bargains as well.

Meri kurisumasu! :Smile_honoring:

[THESO]
Beta Tester
1,427 posts
9,675 battles
19 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

If you overlook the PR fiasco, you would need to compare it with past Xmas offerings to see if it was good or not. Free stuff is always good, getting value for money and bargains as well.

Meri kurisumasu! :Smile_honoring:

apart from PR, you get a lot less steel compared to last year and the mission marathon to unlock a shitty T7 prem is 3x harder than last year to unlock a shitty T6 prem

• Cool 2

Players
2,193 posts
Just now, kfa said:

apart from PR, you get a lot less steel compared to last year and the mission marathon to unlock a shitty T7 prem is 3x harder than last year to unlock a shitty T6 prem

Yeah, the loss of steel is a bummer.

• Cool 1

[WWGU]
Players
722 posts
13,521 battles

Actually the OP is right about much of what he says. 

Free Coal, Steel, flags, camouflages, all (just about) guaranteed. 

Chance of FreeXP, dubloons, premium ships(okay a very low chance for this!)

The build a ship idea is great too, if you overlook the economy side of it.

That said, the economy side of the Puerto Rico is ridiculous. The directives are far too difficult for the time span. 

The amount of money to complete the ship, vast.

This has actually turned a good giveaway into something of derision.

I will not be trying to get PR, but I, personally, will be obtaining as much of the freebies as I can.

If they had offered a choice of different tier ships for the build with different target building points needed, so that players could choose the level of grind that they were up for.

Or if the build project was open all year and the time it took depending on how much the player played and especially improved their game.

I think the Dockyard idea would have worked.

And I get that the giveaway might not be as generous as last year's but how many people have said in the last year that the economy of WoWs has been relaxed too much and that TX matches don't cost enough. 

So WG seems to have tighten up on the giveaways... Typically not listening to players ideas on the subject.

That said it is still a giveaway. 

WG need to listen to their players more, (and not just the ones that can pop into their St Petersburg office.) They need to run their ideas past a sanity check before being released as a fait accompli. 

• Cool 5

[THESO]
Players
2,325 posts
8,142 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, Cambera_1 sagte:

Actually the OP is right about much of what he says.

Thats what makes it so good. And serious or not doesn't matter. The success he had is incredible. 

Players
962 posts
13,010 battles

Yes, thank you WG for making a bait and switch event designed to trick people into thinking they can get the PR easily if they buy a prem booster or two, only to realize they have to shell out in total of 200€ to get it or see their money go to waste. Ignore the snowflakes that complain. Nothing says "Christmas" like a nice ponzi scheme.

Only a troll or someone incredibly, impressively oblivious could make a thread like this. OP, you keep being a good little fanboy. This is them in the mean time.

• Cool 2

[ARYA]
Players
540 posts
13,243 battles

Believe me guys if you live in country that I am you won't be surprised by such troll post !!! our GOV does this every day !

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
2,013 posts
21,456 battles
10 minutes ago, Kenjiro_ said:

Maybe he's just trying to secure a good "rng" on his lootbo.. Err.. Surprise mechanics. 

theyre-not-loot-boxes-theyre-surprise-me

so..............

1e03f6cbc24e9a4efbe5da2fbf1b20de.jpg

• Funny 3