Sign in to follow this  
Gnaal

1 week of prem vs 1 week of PR-ticks

7 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
287 battles

I'm a WoT player who have been thinking about trying out WoWs for a while. Given Xmas is coming up and assuming WoWs also has lots of goodies I thought it would be a good time to start now. I know getting the PR is impossible for me, but I downloaded the game yesterday just to claim the free booster early to maximize other things you can get from it. However, it seems I don't have the dockyard or whatever it is called, probably because I'm in some "safe noobie environment" untill I play some games.

However, playing a game means I trigger 1 week of premium time from an invite code, so I'm now wondering, is there any justification for doing this to try and just get the dock yard rolling (or starting getting some other bonuses) knowing I will probably not play many games the next week? And how many games do I need to play to unlock the full "garage" and starting it? Or would it clearly just be better to hold off until next week when I'm free to play a bit more and make use of the prem time?

Cheers!

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,949 battles

Do not bother with the Dockyard or anything Puerto Rico related. Better to get that premium if you have to and get some regular grinding on.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,346 posts
9,354 battles

No worries. Getting the PR is just as impossible for us

• Cool 2

[JAG]
[JAG]
Players
13 posts
12,740 battles
17 hours ago, Gnaal said:

However, playing a game means I trigger 1 week of premium time from an invite code, so I'm now wondering, is there any justification for doing this to try and just get the dock yard rolling (or starting getting some other bonuses) knowing I will probably not play many games the next week? And how many games do I need to play to unlock the full "garage" and starting it? Or would it clearly just be better to hold off until next week when I'm free to play a bit more and make use of the prem time?

It depends on the time you have to play this week. To do the directives you need at least a T5 ship so if you can grind them out fast enough you can start next week but if you won't have the time you should start the week after.

• Cool 1

[KITEN]
Players
6 posts
2,987 battles
On 12/13/2019 at 7:20 PM, Gnaal said:

I'm a WoT player who have been thinking about trying out WoWs for a while. Given Xmas is coming up and assuming WoWs also has lots of goodies I thought it would be a good time to start now. I know getting the PR is impossible for me, but I downloaded the game yesterday just to claim the free booster early to maximize other things you can get from it. However, it seems I don't have the dockyard or whatever it is called, probably because I'm in some "safe noobie environment" untill I play some games.

Cheers!

You have to reach T5 to play the event, maybe a certain number of battles too, depending how fast you reach T5. I would wait as for event you can get a T7 premium with completing more reasonable 3 directives and prem time will help with reaching requirements.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,801 posts
14,068 battles
On 12/13/2019 at 1:20 PM, Gnaal said:

I don't have the dockyard or whatever it is called, probably because I'm in some "safe noobie environment" untill I play some games.

You're right: I think that the dockyard unlocks when you've got your account to a higher level (although I don't recall which one - I *think* it's after you've unlocked the more crucial stuff like upgrades, captains, cammo etc.); although we all moan about the lack of tutorials etc. WOWS isn't completely awful at introducing the various game elements in a semi-logical sequence.

As others have said though, don't worry about PR - it's out of reach for most players, unless they spend a lot of money (and you can make a solid case that the ship itself isn't even worth the aggravation - there are far better T10s). It's worth starting off the dockyard as soon as you can though (when you've unlocked it), as there are some worthwhile rewards earlier in the thing's run.

BTW did you use a code when you started your WOWS account? If you didn't (and haven't played a lot of games yet), use one - it'll get you some useful rewards as you progress. I've sent you a PM including one, but it would be ideal if you can get one from a mate, as they'll get minor rewards from you using it too.

For a new player, there are far better rewards to aim at than PR (for existing players too, come to that!); you can get free premiums via the acquisition of coal (look in the armory [sic] when it unlocks) which include some more newbie-friendly lower-mid tiers. You're familiar with WOT; much of WOWS is very different, but there are some transferable skills (e.g. angling is much like side-scraping, and you probably have a sense of how a lot of vision control works etc.) which may help you get the hang of the game a bit sooner than some - I mention this as you may get more use from mid-tiers and up in the medium-long term. That said, never sell a premium, even the lowest tier ones; besides some of them being fun, it stops you getting the same ship again in rewards (you'll get doubloons or silver instead, which are more useful).

When you unlock them, join a clan too; besides all the usual 'helping you to learn' and 'ready source of division-mates' reasons, a clan with a reasonably developed base will result in you getting some economic bonuses, including more coal/xp/steel etc.

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts

dont forget purpose made Loot box exclusive premiums...

also wheeled tanks / Double barreled tanks (this 1 may be a positive thing or just rou tutuapp gh powercreep depending how u look at it tho)

tweakbox WoT was always more screwed than WoWs but they haven't done a near mathematically impossible grind yet as far as im awar  appvalley

Sign in to follow this