You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cobra_Com

Price difference on WG store and in game shop

5 comments in this topic

Question

[SP4WN]
[SP4WN]
Players
3 posts
8,445 battles

Why 20 New Year Mega containers inside the premium ship in the game are 20 % more expensive than same containers on WG Premium shop on line. I already spent money buying doubloons and now I am being punished cause i spent money on it? Its not like doubloons have some special that are different than usual, but i think we should be able to use our doubloons in same way as a cash we traded it for.
We are punished for giving you support earlier by buying doubloons, and basically you want more money out of me. I know for a fact that same thing is prohibited by law at least in our country and its copied over from EU trade law from Consumer Protection Act and you cannot offer same thing and advertise two different price for same item. But this is not a new thing and it happened before so i wanted to know when all you customers are going to be treated equally .

4 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,599 posts
13,973 battles

The dubloons containers in the armory do say they are -10% off not -25% off like the ones you can buy directly with cash from the premium shop or the ingame container screen.

This is likely because WG prefers to drain more of the dubloons that people have ingame that theyve gained from compensation and rewards and such...

[SP4WN]
[SP4WN]
Players
3 posts
8,445 battles

but still , 1euro = 1 euro, it isn't 0.85, i posted the question already to Mr Conway ( sorry edited) on stream and have no idea there is the difference.

I know that isn't fair to ppl who actually bought doubloons . but price should be the same.

[SP4WN]
[SP4WN]
Players
3 posts
8,445 battles

So when i am going to get a reply from WG  ?

Wherever i post the same msg , everyone is from community is like yeah WG, you know them , they do things that are not exactly what they said etc. They are just going for your money etc.

I want to know why i can get punished by law if i charge someone more for reaching for the money from left pocket and not from right one, and everyone is brushing it off on community like its like that with WG. There are no fees involved in it but the price advertised after you put the money down is different for someone that gave money in advance than someone spending money on occasion. Its not my problem they implemented the system of rewards for certain things that u can earn doubloons inside the game, Thats a reward for dedicated players and there should be one.

I posted the same question on Wargaming stream 2 days ago , and Mr Conway and Tucci , didnt even had a clue that price is different and by the look on their faces they were surprised that it is even so. So apparently there is something to be done here , either was a miscalculation or something else..

Ofc issuing a ticket didnt help cause they forwarded me towards the forum , and guessing by everyone being enraged about Porto Rico this is just going to be brushed under the carpet.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,599 posts
13,973 battles

It's because the containers for dubloons are marked as having less of a discount. You are not being charged more, you are receiving less of a discount.

If you don't want to pay that dubloon price why do you not get a refund on the dubloons and then buy the containers directly?

Your question is not really about the legality of it, it's more the question of why is the discount lower when spending dubloons then when paying for it yourself. And the answer to that is most probably just because WG wants to incentivise people with dubloons to put more real money into the game rather than spending the virtual currency they already have that WG have already made their money on. It's all just marketing.