You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Fundraiser Results – Vote on How to Get Hayate!

162 comments in this topic

[SRW]
Players
1,941 posts
7,960 battles
20 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Ladies and gentelmen,

Yes I can completely understand the frustration you are having about the PR event.

But please keep those feelings and frustration away from this topic.

This topic is about something else, and frankly is about a very good organisation.

Please remember the rule of "Being constructive - Don't post something If you don't have anything positive to add"

Thank you all.

Well, unfortunately the PR disaster will negatively influence the donations to the charity.

We can stop talking about it but it's a fact difficult to ignore.

Again - unfortunately.

• Cool 3

[DSNF]
Players
18 posts
12,700 battles

Is it really 1 free Santa's gift container or do we have to do an insane grind ( we can boost it for 24k dubloons ) this time aswell?

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,916 posts
8,729 battles
1 hour ago, Palubarac said:

Well, unfortunately the PR disaster will negatively influence the donations to the charity.

We can stop talking about it but it's a fact difficult to ignore.

Again - unfortunately.

I was not saying you(we) should stop talking about.

I personally have a lot of things to say about that and the patch in general.

I was only saying that "charity" topic is not a place to let it all out..

that was it.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
136 posts
16 hours ago, Excavatus said:

I was not saying you(we) should stop talking about.

I personally have a lot of things to say about that and the patch in general.

I was only saying that "charity" topic is not a place to let it all out..

that was it.

and the only thing i wanna say is : this greedy company shoud donate first ( and not only  free pixel ships for players, real money for the ngo ) without that it looks like a bad try to repair the image.

*edit*

Edited by CptMinia
  • Cool 2

[CHUCK]
Players
42 posts
10,218 battles
On 12/13/2019 at 3:40 PM, Crysantos said:

... Please don't try to make connections where there are none - you might not agree with our New Year's event, but that has nothing to do with this activity....

Greetings, Crysantos

There is a connection: your company!

In current interesting times, you have to look at the big picture and don´t let yourself distracted by a sentence that one has absolutely nothing to do with eachother.

There is an interesting article in German called "The possibly sold credibility" where big companies link themselves to charitable organizations:

Strangly it highlights a pharmaceutical company which told doctors to give medicine to children, which where not authorised for them. They were fined a gigantic sum of money and then a few months later, the CEO was seen in Africa with the head of a charitable organization, celebrating a new partnership which involved the sum of less then 1% of the fine they had to pay! 

It does not matter in this case, that the charity was S-T-C, but it shows there are connections about doing bad things and doing good things - that is all.

Until now the financial involvment of your company is "only" the price they paid for the plushies, posters and mousepads and maybe your wages (or do you do it in your spare time?) - the rest are vitual goods which costs little to nothing, as they are already in the client. In total the costs for you could not be significantly higher than a few thousand Euros (based on the assumption, that WG pays your wages, for the time you all have invested into this project) .

So how about WG matching up every money given? As it a very common thing in these events, so one sets a max limit - e.g. 250.000€ - at the end, we do not want to bankrupt you - kappa.

Whitewashing yourself does not come at a cheep price.

PS. For all interested - the source is this article:

https://www.deutschlandfunk.de/konzernspenden-an-ngos-die-womoeglich-verkaufte.724.de.html?dram:article_id=360903

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Players
17 posts
1,341 battles
7 hours ago, killer999death said:

How much is the torpedo plushie? I saw them at Gamescom 2015 and really really wanted one >___<

250$ someone posted the rewards on the 2nd page 🤔

[SWTP]
Players
1,569 posts
11,076 battles

Well, for those that can't stop thinking about P fiasco and have to mentally link those 2 events, I have an idea, for a price of PR or a Big Santa Bundle plus a few boxes you can support a good cause and get OP T9, or 2 OP T5s, that otherwise can be obtained only by a chance in a ridiculous number of loot-boxes. So if you've ever thought about getting loot-boxes to have a chance to win any of those ships, you can put your money towards a charity instead of lining Wargamblings  pockets and still get what you need.

• Cool 1

[DZKK]
[DZKK]
Players
100 posts
5,521 battles

Steam has been canceled or stopped i guess ? World of Warships is offline in Twicth and Stream suppose to be 24 hours ?

I couldnt join yesterday, but it seems, a lot of things has happened.

Besides, Why people angry about PR and What is the connection between PR and Donation event ?

[THESO]
1,086 posts
7,733 battles
15 hours ago, OseiP said:

There is a connection: your company!

In current interesting times, you have to look at the big picture and don´t let yourself distracted by a sentence that one has absolutely nothing to do with eachother.

There is an interesting article in German called "The possibly sold credibility" where big companies link themselves to charitable organizations:

Strangly it highlights a pharmaceutical company which told doctors to give medicine to children, which where not authorised for them. They were fined a gigantic sum of money and then a few months later, the CEO was seen in Africa with the head of a charitable organization, celebrating a new partnership which involved the sum of less then 1% of the fine they had to pay! 

It does not matter in this case, that the charity was S-T-C, but it shows there are connections about doing bad things and doing good things - that is all.

Until now the financial involvment of your company is "only" the price they paid for the plushies, posters and mousepads and maybe your wages (or do you do it in your spare time?) - the rest are vitual goods which costs little to nothing, as they are already in the client. In total the costs for you could not be significantly higher than a few thousand Euros (based on the assumption, that WG pays your wages, for the time you all have invested into this project) .

So how about WG matching up every money given? As it a very common thing in these events, so one sets a max limit - e.g. 250.000€ - at the end, we do not want to bankrupt you - kappa.

Whitewashing yourself does not come at a cheep price.

PS. For all interested - the source is this article:

https://www.deutschlandfunk.de/konzernspenden-an-ngos-die-womoeglich-verkaufte.724.de.html?dram:article_id=360903

Hello,

I understand what you're saying and to be honest. You're right. This whole Puerto Rico mess is WarGaming's fault and the lack and blatant disregard for the community in this case is ridiculous and it makes it twice as so when you consider WarGaming didn't think to mention in the time between the first look at the christmas event in early access that Flamu and other CCs had a look at, and the time the christmas event went live. They apparently never thought to mention how difficult or challenging this grind would be... instead we got told it was "simple". And then following the outcry WarGaming only announce afterwards that there will be a charity livestream. Honestly I don't like any of this behaviour myself.

I'd like to continue on but as a moderator I have to say that this isn't the place to discuss or talk about the Puerto Rico mess. In the end, this is a topic for a charity and I think it's important that those who want to genuinely donate their money directly to organisations that help people and the world we share should feel welcomed to donate to an organisation such as Save the Children.

You can criticise WarGaming about the christmas event elsewhere, just not here please.

Kind regards,

Minia

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
56 posts
6,502 battles

Just head over to the official website of Save the children and donate there instead of going through Wargamings link, that way you can still do good while avoiding promoting Wargaming.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
265 posts
5,234 battles

I would love a torpedo plushie - it sounds so cute ^^ 

Is it entirely possible for me to get one for simply donating? Or do I have to grind 1.4mil fxp on pan American ships during the stream? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[ATRA]
Beta Tester
403 posts
8,852 battles

Everybody and their aunties right now: I would love to join the stream, but probably I will be busy grinding the PR :cap_rambo:

Please, borrow some ideas from the WoT folks...The Xmass event and boxes are actually amazingly good :Smile_coin:

Edited by aquiles7389
Typo and language
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
265 posts
5,234 battles
On 12/13/2019 at 5:40 PM, MrConway said:

[...]

All money is donated directly to the charity and never crosses our hands in this charity drive. We are only providing exposure and rewards for donations.

[...]

What I would love to see is for WarGaming to match whatever donations they receive from the stream $ for $, and double the overall purse for the charity. As a company, not the individuals. 

Now this would truly be in the spirit of Christmas and for a very worthy charity cause. 

If Dana White of UFC (the sleaziest scumbag according to his own fighters) can match $100,000 donation made by Khabib to Dustin Porier’s charity aiming to provide clean water in Africa, so can WG. 

Make it a truly special Christmas! 

Im sure you’ve earned more than a few grand from PR sales with favourable tax rates in whatever tax haven you’re registered. Oh, and you also get corporate tax exemption from charitable contributions. 

Make it a Christmas Miracle! 

• Cool 3

Players
3 posts
4,283 battles

I mean, let's be honest, after the entire PR debacle *why the [edited]would I trust wargaming with charity money*? Considering the straight up lies they've been spewing, there's no way to trust that the money will actually go where it's supposed to. 

• Cool 5

[COBRA]
Players
74 posts
13,414 battles
On 12/13/2019 at 10:49 PM, MrConway said:

That is not what I said, or at the very least definitely not what I meant to say. I am a rather casual WoWs player due to the fact that I have a family, terrible internet nowadays and also other interests and games that I play.

The only way I could physically complete this grind would be to do it at work. This would mean having to put my job on hold for the duration of the update, which as you may imagine would not work. I do not mean to belittle anyone, but I simply am not in a position to be able to complete this event.

Most rewards have a limited amount available, but you will be able to see that when you donate. We will make sure every selected reward is delivered afterwards.

We do also have a giveaway container for everyone that swings by regardless of donations and will be releasing 10.000 camouflage packs as a code when we hit 10.000 dollars.

How this donation working...?

you can donate before streaming and get reward after,or you need to wait streaming time?

is ships rewards limited per person or they are for folks around? if they are just 3 of each kind,is that ,who click fastest,he get a ship?

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,138 posts
5,807 battles

I am more worried that it will turn into a second Dumpster Fire for a Different reason.

The Rewards are Limited it seems.

Which means that likely they will be gone instantly if the Donation goes Live.

And then we might see a Ton of People asking where their Missouri etc is.

It would really be Good if @MrConway

Or @The_EURL_Guy

Could clarify if the Rewards are Limited and what happens if you Donate and Select a Reward that went out to someone else while you were typing.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[COBRA]
Players
74 posts
13,414 battles
8 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

I am more worried that it will turn into a second Dumpster Fire for a Different reason.

Or @The_EURL_Guy

Could clarify if the Rewards are Limited and what happens if you Donate and Select a Reward that went out to someone else while you were typing.

obviously, looking news last months, they always some things isnt clear . You can see it trough PR case,and now this charity. There isnt any clear info about things that we mention. 

Why cannot you at WG read what you write? 

Can you read your news section from a point of players,not what is in your head allready?

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
265 posts
5,234 battles
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

Or @The_EURL_Guy

As of now it’s unclear if the rare ship rewards are “sold out” or not. You raise a very valid point @Sunleader 

then lots of people will be upset - but you can’t really send a refund ticket for a charity donation, can you? As an individual, you would have to be a real scumbag to do that

at this point it just seems there’s a race to get sued for false advertisement and every new announcement is trying to see how close you can get to the foul line without the referee blowing the whistle. 

<insert popcorn>

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
26 posts
720 battles
Il y a 1 heure, Sunleader a dit :

Je suis plus inquiet que cela se transforme en un deuxième incendie de benne à ordures pour une raison différente.

Les récompenses sont limitées, semble-t-il.

Ce qui signifie qu'ils disparaîtront probablement instantanément si le don est mis en ligne.

Et puis nous pourrions voir une tonne de gens demander où se trouve leur Missouri, etc.

Ce serait vraiment bien si @MrConway

Ou @The_EURL_Guy

Pourrait clarifier si les récompenses sont limitées et ce qui se passe si vous faites un don et sélectionnez une récompense qui est allée à quelqu'un d'autre pendant que vous tapiez.

If you look closely for the rare premium ships, he has only one ship available according to schedules

I take for exemple the HMS Belfast,

1 copy will not be avale before 4 days

InkedExemple_LI.jpg

regarding avaibility of HMS Belfast if i taky my schedules,

One available the wednesday at 6h00:pm

One available again the wednesday but at 0h00:am

And another at thursday at 12h00

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
3,246 battles
16 hours ago, _CHILE_ said:

How this donation working...?

you can donate before streaming and get reward after,or you need to wait streaming time?

is ships rewards limited per person or they are for folks around? if they are just 3 of each kind,is that ,who click fastest,he get a ship?

Some rewards are available earlier, others will unlock during the 24 hour stream, you can see the exact schedule here: https://tiltify.com/@me/dashboard/campaigns/charity-ship/incentives/rewards

Ships are indeed limited in number, but we tried to space them out among timezones somewhat.

16 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Or @The_EURL_Guy

If you select a reward that is no longer available, the system will not let you proceed with that donation until you select a different reward. Please have a quick look at the guide posted to the initial post in this thread, that should clarify things.

14 hours ago, USS_Enterprise_CV_6 said:

If you look closely for the rare premium ships, he has only one ship available according to schedules

I take for exemple the HMS Belfast,

1 copy will not be avale before 4 days

InkedExemple_LI.jpg

regarding avaibility of HMS Belfast if i taky my schedules,

One available the wednesday at 6h00:pm

One available again the wednesday but at 0h00:am

And another at thursday at 12h00

Exactly, it should be the same for all of the individual ships :)

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,138 posts
5,807 battles

Thanks for Clarifying this. Also Thanks for the Guide. :)

• Cool 1

[COBRA]
Players
74 posts
13,414 battles
23 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Some rewards are available earlier, others will unlock during the 24 hour stream, you can see the exact schedule here: https://tiltify.com/@me/dashboard/campaigns/charity-ship/incentives/rewards

Ships are indeed limited in number, but we tried to space them out among timezones somewhat.

If you select a reward that is no longer available, the system will not let you proceed with that donation until you select a different reward. Please have a quick look at the guide posted to the initial post in this thread, that should clarify things.

Exactly, it should be the same for all of the individual ships :)

Thanks for reply but 3 of kind ships is little bit less than expected. If there even 10 pieces per ship it would be one tear in sea of player base and also more money for charity.