You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Fundraiser Results – Vote on How to Get Hayate!

162 comments in this topic

[BOO8S]
Beta Tester
6 posts
3,453 battles
22 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

You guys are really gonna be like this for charity fundraising for Christmas? You can all be ashamed of yourselves, I can't believe you all collectively can be so harsh and ignorant about this!!!

Even if Wargaming did make Puerto Rico grind impossible and/or a cash grab (I do not want to comment on this myself) that is by no means, by any stretch of the imagination an excuse not to support to a good cause, to help someone in need especially in Christmas time.

You can be mad at Wargaming for Puerto Rico and holiday event, but that gives you no right to blame them for not supporting the fundraiser, in fact that is so evil and twisted that I can't believe players of this game can be like that.

I'm so disappointed by this community. SO disappointed..... :Smile_hiding:

In a way you are right, but you know how this looks for someone who only reads the News Section. Too many times you see this concept in other positions/businesses. They do something wrong and then try to hide it behind charity. Not saying that it was intended to be like this, but at first glance it looks like it, if they wanted it or not. That is sadly the way it is at least for me.

Because of this i can totally understand why some people say that they will not donate, after all everyone can decide this for him/herself. At least not over Wargaming. I'll e.g. support a Charity for Children in my hometown and maybe would have supported this one as well. 

But there is something called trust and at least for me this one is sadly lost in the moment. It depends on how the situation is handled i might change my mind, but for the moment i'll rather give my money direct to a charity then doing it over Wargaming's "Table".

Sounds hard, yes i agree, but this is, at least for the moment, my decision.

• Cool 6

[RABC]
Players
10 posts
3,200 battles
14 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Ladies and gentelmen,

Yes I can completely understand the frustration you are having about the PR event.

But please keep those feelings and frustration away from this topic.

This topic is about something else, and frankly is about a very good organisation.

Please remember the rule of "Being constructive - Don't post something If you don't have anything positive to add"

Thank you all.

Can I received an answer on my question in this tread?

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
3,246 battles
1 hour ago, Toivia said:

Commendable event. :cap_like: I wish more of WG's decisions were like this...

As an aside, apparently Hayate is ready to be released.

Thanks! We were  inspired by other members of our community like @PrivatePinguin who have run their own successful charity streams and really wanted to see what we could also do to help.

On that note, @PrivatePinguin will also be running a German charity stream on Saturday that I urge you to come participate in! :)

1 hour ago, Dyzasta said:

It's sad amd i'm really sorry but i wouldnt trust WG with the money. I will make a charitable donation myself directly to a worthy cause instead. 

All money is donated directly to the charity and never crosses our hands in this charity drive. We are only providing exposure and rewards for donations.

57 minutes ago, Maniattack said:

If we want to make a charity, we will do it our self. You wont use OUR money to promote yourself. So. ITS A BIG NO!

Fantastic. I honestly would be just as happy if you support a pure community initiative like the one above, or donate directly to the charity.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
3,246 battles
2 hours ago, DIESEL4Y said:

What value have to donate for Belfast or Misssouri ?

I prefer that than gambling on crates!

18 minutes ago, DIESEL4Y said:

Can I received an answer on my question in this tread?

You can check all the available rewards here: https://donate.tiltify.com/+world-of-warships-community/charity-ship

Note that most of them will unlock at the start or during our 24 hour stream. We spaced the items out a bit as well to give people from around the globe the chance to participate for a limited reward.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[KARMA]
Weekend Tester
30 posts
12,568 battles

My advice...dont make streams soon...you going to be roosted...This event is for good cause but players are furious with WG, so be aware!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[OEL]
Players
174 posts
2,906 battles
57 minutes ago, MrConway said:

You can check all the available rewards here: https://donate.tiltify.com/+world-of-warships-community/charity-ship

Note that most of them will unlock at the start or during our 24 hour stream. We spaced the items out a bit as well to give people from around the globe the chance to participate for a limited reward.

Nice to see you here @MrConway. I would like to express my personal disappointment regarding your answer when asked on live stream if you are going to grind the Puerto Rico. You basically said that you cant be bothered because you have job unlike us - the jobless nolifers. Maybe you are not aware but the majority of players are not children and we do have job, families etc. I understand you can not be negative towards your employer but please at least try not to talk to us like we are some numbers on a spreadsheet.

Thank you and have a nice Christmas!   

• Cool 8
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[UAC]
Players
614 posts
2,064 battles
44 minutes ago, K9PT said:

My advice...dont make streams soon...you going to be roosted...This event is for good cause but players are furious with WG, so be aware!

For the sake of humanity and all that is sacred I hope people won't vomit their frustration on charity streams :fish_palm:

• Bad 3

[SANDS]
Players
1 post
2,552 battles

Question on this charity event, are the rewards limited as displayed on the donation page or will every donator get the reward that he/she wants? Giving to a good cause is one thing, but promising a reward that might be unavailable due to limitations on how many are being made available is another. Thanks for your reply. 

Edited by BornFlippy
Fixed wording
  • Cool 1

Players
1 post

I am not happy with the PR disaster. But this should be seperated from the PR grind. Its for a good cause. 

I only hope that this really really really bad patch does not turn the Charity stream into a dumpster fire @Crysantos

Anyway even though im mad i will still drop a donation for the good cause! Cheers.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[RABC]
Players
10 posts
3,200 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

Thanks!

Players
168 posts
13,225 battles
3 hours ago, MrConway said:

Or to be more precise, here: https://tiltify.com/+world-of-warships-community/charity-ship/rewards

A Helping Hand Commemorative Flag $5.00
World of Warships Mousepad $25.00
German Destroyer Poster $25.00
Small Torpedo Plushie $50.00
Dasha Captain Pack $50.00
Scharnhorst "Arctic" $75.00
Fūjin $100.00
Fūjin $100.00
Fūjin $100.00
Giulio Cesare $100.00
Imperator Nikolai "Rasputin" $100.00
Giulio Cesare $100.00
Kamikaze $100.00
Kamikaze $100.00
Giulio Cesare $100.00
Finish my Collection $100.00
Kamikaze $100.00
Division with AtotheK101 $125.00
Mikhail Kutuzov $200.00
Kronshtadt $200.00
Missouri $200.00
Musashi $200.00
HMS Belfast $200.00
HMS Belfast $200.00
Musashi $200.00
Kronshtadt $200.00
HMS Belfast $200.00
Mikhail Kutuzov $200.00
Missouri $200.00
Kronshtadt $200.00
Mikhail Kutuzov $200.00
Missouri $200.00
Musashi $200.00
Large Torpedo Plushie $250.00
Black Friday: Full Bundle $275.00
100,000 Doubloons for your Clan! $300.00
Halloween Camouflage Bundle $300.00
Space Camouflage Pack $300.00
Division with Jingles! $500.00
ULTIMATE Rare Ship Package $1,000.00

• Cool 5
  • Bad 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
3,246 battles

3 hours ago, rilship said:

Nice to see you here @MrConway. I would like to express my personal disappointment regarding your answer when asked on live stream if you are going to grind the Puerto Rico. You basically said that you cant be bothered because you have job unlike us - the jobless nolifers. Maybe you are not aware but the majority of players are not children and we do have job, families etc. I understand you can not be negative towards your employer but please at least try not to talk to us like we are some numbers on a spreadsheet.

Thank you and have a nice Christmas!   

That is not what I said, or at the very least definitely not what I meant to say. I am a rather casual WoWs player due to the fact that I have a family, terrible internet nowadays and also other interests and games that I play.

The only way I could physically complete this grind would be to do it at work. This would mean having to put my job on hold for the duration of the update, which as you may imagine would not work. I do not mean to belittle anyone, but I simply am not in a position to be able to complete this event.

2 hours ago, BornFlippy said:

Question on this charity event, are the rewards limited as displayed on the donation page or will every donator get the reward that he/she wants? Giving to a good cause is one thing, but promising a reward that might be unavailable due to limitations on how many are being made available is another. Thanks for your reply. 

Most rewards have a limited amount available, but you will be able to see that when you donate. We will make sure every selected reward is delivered afterwards.

We do also have a giveaway container for everyone that swings by regardless of donations and will be releasing 10.000 camouflage packs as a code when we hit 10.000 dollars.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

[1_MAN]
Beta Tester
60 posts

I think the best thing at this point is to join QuickyBaby and his charity stuff [which i do every year although i no longer play WoT], as the guy has proven himself trustworthy. I know that you are just doing your job WG guys, oxygen breathing people trust you less and less every year.

Its not just the PR [about which people are vocal], its the Gorizia grind, Shipbuilding collection items grind, nerfed snowflake fakecontrainers, Luthjens crap and so on...

• Cool 6

Players
1 post
2,330 battles

I would be willing to pay 200€+ if Wargaming would bring back the Tirpitz "Tarnanstrich" permanent camo as a donation reward, which I missed during the Santa's Christmas Convoys event of December 2016 to January 2017.

I deeply regret not getting the camo back then due to a lack of money and time during the event and if the money goes to a good cause I'm more than willing to spend an arguably ridiculous amount of money on it.

Putting up a harmless event-exclusive camo back into the game wouldn't hurt the game as much as bringing back a limited amount of rather questionable premium ships.

Feels really bad man

Players
1,751 posts
6,494 battles

It's a massive shame that WG's latest PR disaster is going to have a very real negative effect on the amount of money raised for a very worth-while charity with a stream of very unhappy people for most of the 24hrs causing even more fuss I would guess.

I normally donate to a few various charities this time of year so I'll make sure to include Save the Children this year and do it directly just to avoid what I think will be another PR disaster when the stream goes live.

• Cool 3

Players
37 posts
6,343 battles
9 hours ago, MrConway said:

Thanks! We were  inspired by other members of our community like @PrivatePinguin who have run their own successful charity streams and really wanted to see what we could also do to help.

On that note, @PrivatePinguin will also be running a German charity stream on Saturday that I urge you to come participate in! :)

All money is donated directly to the charity and never crosses our hands in this charity drive. We are only providing exposure and rewards for donations.

Fantastic. I honestly would be just as happy if you support a pure community initiative like the one above, or donate directly to the charity.

Is it too expensive to get a rare boat for $ 200?
The $ 200 is clearly significantly more than the WG's pricing when these rare ships were released

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
24 posts
1 hour ago, AmagiandAkagi said:

Is it too expensive to get a rare boat for $ 200?
The $ 200 is clearly significantly more than the WG's pricing when these rare ships were released

You aren't buying the ship, it's a reward from WG for your donation to charity. Considering WG are making nothing from this, any reward for a charitable donation is generous.

It is a shame folks can't see this event for what it is, I hope WG manage to get the charity a nice sum of money.

Maybe elsewhere WG have made a mistake, a charity fundraising event is not one of them. I wish them the greatest of success with it.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[-GNG-]
Players
85 posts
8,125 battles
21 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Ladies and gentelmen,

Yes I can completely understand the frustration you are having about the PR event.

But please keep those feelings and frustration away from this topic.

This topic is about something else, and frankly is about a very good organisation.

Please remember the rule of "Being constructive - Don't post something If you don't have anything positive to add"

Thank you all.

One thing brings another, like action and reaction.

You published an event we all waiting for, and you overhyped it. The event is a disaster to say it mildly (the action). Players like me and more like me didn't like it at all, it is a failure. You as a company instead of doing damage control and do something to fix this mistake sat with apathy waiting to see the doubloons numbers rise. An apology was posted just "to spread some dust in our eyes" and a spreadsheet, no fix no nothing. this triggered the reaction, the lack of trust from me or players like me.

This is the reason for such negativity in an irrelevant post, and I try to find some good intentions in the charity the trust I had in your company is vanished. So even for a reason like charity I prefer to donate by my self instead of giving the money to you.

• Cool 10

Players
69 posts
11,432 battles

WG done a shitty thing with the pr Christmas thing but people need to stop right now this is a charity event for Children ffs, if you can't then you really need to evaluate your sad life. Let let it be and enjoy what WG are doing for the Kiddies and hopefully donate what you can.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[_CSR_]
Players
54 posts
6,790 battles

@DistantUK

While that is true, lower price point might have achieved more total donations (can't really estimate, but people tend to get more items at lower price than one higher price) as i estimate most people will throw a few $ on the charity but big $$ will be whales hunting Mo etc. (at least that's my guess)

@Crysantos @MrConway Props for doing the charity thing (I do understand it was set up long before the PR PR disaster) but the the optics aren't very good and the PR thing might (i would say 100% will) end up hurting the charity action - so might be good to funnel some of that PR whale money towards it, I just hope there are enough whales that will target Kronk / Mo / Kekfast for it to be a decent success.

Players
3 posts
717 battles

21 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Please don't try to make connections where there are none - you might not agree with our New Year's event, but that has nothing to do with this activity.

Crysantos, this is on Wargaming. This is the result of WG's choice. Please do not insult our intelligence by putting the responsibility of WG's choice on the players. Own it and take it like a man.

If WG was a little less greedy then this wouldn't be an issue.

But because WG chose greed over restraint and common sense, WG got itself in this. And you know the sad part, the spreadsheets are probably also indicating having this ****storm is worth the amount of dakka WG expects to rake in.

To drive home the point there was once a person (around 500 BC) who said:

"Wisdom can be attained by three methods: The first is imitation, which is easiest, the second is by reflection, which is noblest, the third is by experience, which is bitterst"

His name: Confucius

For the quote above, the conclusion therefore must be that WG chooses to take the bitterst route.

The only question that remains is if WG has the courage to look itself with honesty and integrity in the mirror.

I hope for the best and fear for the worst.

• Cool 2

[SKG]
Players
8 posts
4,389 battles

I think its very nice of you to put focus on a nice charity event like this. To bad people bring the PR event into this thread. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
136 posts
22 hours ago, tcfreer said:

@AveXxYT This was being organized a few weeks ago before anything to do with PR.

I understand that people are upset and angry about that, but I'd ask that we as the community separate the 2 events as much as possible.

After all - Please, it's Christmas we should all be able to split these events

nope

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1