Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
All4theLOL

Vulture Capitalism

24 comments in this topic

[PSDNR]
[PSDNR]
Players
92 posts
On 12/13/2019 at 12:11 PM, rilship said:

*edit*

Not sure you're understanding the joke mate, but have a wonderful christmas just the same  :)

Players
174 posts
2,906 battles
1 minute ago, FuneraVirtus said:

Not sure you're understanding the joke mate, but have a wonderful christmas just the same  :)

Thanks, you too have a wonderful one!

• Cool 1

[PSDNR]
[PSDNR]
Players
92 posts
Just now, Captain_Newman said:

WG, release a ridiculously OP russian ship if you're under duress. We'll get the message.

All russian ships are already Obscenely Penetrable, mate.   xD

• Funny 3

Players
648 posts
2 hours ago, FuneraVirtus said:

So Wargaming, when are we going to hear which Martin Skrelli wannabe bought you out and demanded 1800% returns on their investement in one month?

I´ve been wondering this myself. In my opinion year 2019 has not brought anything good to the game.

- mess of a CV rework, thats still not finished

- premium CVs brought back and then changing how AA works.

- RU BB line and the introduction of balans

- End tier French DDs

- Smolenks

- Benham grind

- Training Center fiasco

- Puerto Rico grind

Only thing I have enjoyed this year was the space battles, Rogue wave event and the Halloween filthy raid.

For me it seems there was hostile take over in WG early this year.

*edit

- endless march of IX premiums

• Cool 8

Players
2,962 posts
16,897 battles
4 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

I´ve been wondering this myself. In my opinion year 2019 has not brought anything good to the game.

- RU BB line and the introduction of balans

- End tier French DDs

- Smolenks

- Benham grind

- Training Center fiasco

- Puerto Rico grind

Only thing I have enjoyed this year was the space battles, Rogue wave event and the Halloween filthy raid.

For me it seems there was hostile take over in WG early this year.

*edit

- endless march of IX premiums

Exactly!

Although taking a dump all over everyone in 0.8.0 with REEwork CVs was kinda entertaining too :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[PSDNR]
[PSDNR]
Players
92 posts
On 12/13/2019 at 3:12 PM, Fatal_Ramses said:

I reeeeeally love the new carrier mechanics, and except for that period when AA was so absurd my Impy's planes died before the landing gear was up in the face of any AA over tier THREE, I actually love CVs even more now than when it was basically a chess simulator. Even went so far as to get japanese AND english ones, and have now unlocked all three through tier X, but since 24M credits is just never gonna happen, my mate gifted me a Zep, which is my current sweetheart.

On 12/13/2019 at 3:19 PM, GulvkluderGuld said:

Although taking a dump all over everyone in 0.8.0 with REEwork CVs was kinda entertaining too :Smile_hiding:

Theeere ya go, this guy gets it! :cap_win:

Battleships are still just tower defense with seasickness and destroyers are still just sniffer dogs in a minefield, but I have enjoyed goofing off in a cruiser here and there. That said, nothing in this game can hold a CANDLE to the rush of flightsimming in a boat game  <3 <3 <3 <3

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[PSDNR]
[PSDNR]
Players
92 posts

Still waiting to be able to play an airport in world of tanks, tho... That would be pretty bloody amazing.

EDIT : clean forgot about savage battles! Now THAT was a fun game mode to play with surface ships. FINALLY something that had some tempo to it. Waking up to a sunk ship every time because it takes SO long to accelerate and get anywhere that you just nodded off to sleep while waiting, really does take the shine off. xD

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 1 Stunde, Fatal_Ramses sagte:

Can we be sure they don't deliver the coup de grace with those insane submersible guided missile turbo destroyer class that they promised never to introduce and the putative majority does not want to see in the game?

• Cool 1

[PSDNR]
[PSDNR]
Players
92 posts
2 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Can we be sure they don't deliver the coup de grace with those insane submersible guided missile turbo destroyer class that they promised never to introduce and the putative majority does not want to see in the game?

You didn't enjoy the submarines last year? That's a pity...  I have been absolutely SALIVATING over that prospect, especially with the changes Jingles showcased. This might just be the best thing in game!
Speaking of Jingles; I tripped over his WoP 2.0 review a few hours ago, decided to give the screensaver from hell another try, and sure enough, three games in, I have rediscovered my love of X-wing and realised why battleships piss me off so much :  I was in the wrong bloody game. :Smile_facepalm::Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[PSDNR]
[PSDNR]
Players
92 posts
On 12/13/2019 at 9:00 PM, Butterdoll said:

I can't resist anymore

Vulture Capitalism

2019 Christmas

<< noise.mp4 >>

Scroll.... scroll... scroll.... wtf where's the combat? How long is this bloody ad?!

EDIT: apparently that isn't an ad. That is what passes for music nowadays.
My bad? I guess?

• Funny 1

[PSDNR]
[PSDNR]
Players
92 posts
On 12/14/2019 at 12:22 PM, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Well.. the Russians always wanted to be more like the Americans. Seems they finally managed it. GZ!

Does not compute. What/how do you mean?

Players
5,027 posts
6 minutes ago, FuneraVirtus said:

Does not compute. What/how do you mean?

Two reasons. One: We've come accustomed to thinking of American corporations as the greedy, evil corporations hell bent on tapping the whole world's riches as their god-given spoils. Two: during the Soviet times, many Russians looked at the west (America) for inspiration and dreamed of being free like people in the west (don't laugh...).

Every time I've had to deal directly and file complaints with any American corporation they've largely ignored my complaints, I mean literally. Like I was non-existent. Once time I sought help from consumer protection in my country, and they actually made a case that the huge American corporation in question had to listen and abide by the law. Usually, it seems, they don't have to.

When it comes to European and Russian corporation, I tend to expect them at least to meet higher ethical standards. The cynic in me tells me not so much because they would be any more virtuous as such, but because the legal reality is so different here as opposed to the USA where it, in a word, sucks.

Beta Tester
4,931 posts
20,580 battles
On 12/13/2019 at 2:00 PM, FuneraVirtus said:

All russian ships are already Obscenely Penetrable, mate.   xD

Ships.. not russian pronstarlets...

On 12/13/2019 at 2:49 PM, MrWastee said:

egg or hen?!

Logically there's two answers to this:

1) if it's about eggs in general, they have been around millions of years before the first hen showed up...

2) if it's about chicken eggs only, then it's the egg again, which produced the first mutated creature that could be called a "hen", while that egg itself had been laid by a creature that wasn't quite a hen yet until genetics hit the egg it produced...

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,631 posts
24,297 battles
11 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Ships.. not russian pronstarlets...

Logically there's two answers to this:

1) if it's about eggs in general, they have been around millions of years before the first hen showed up...

2) if it's about chicken eggs only, then it's the egg again, which produced the first mutated creature that could be called a "hen", while that egg itself had been laid by a creature that wasn't quite a hen yet until genetics hit the egg it produced...

in the image used that would point on the "hostage" being there 1st i guess... i mean, given the games' progression and its event history, a lot points on that, aye?:Smile_trollface::Smile_child:

• Funny 1

[PSDNR]
[PSDNR]
Players
92 posts
On 12/15/2019 at 3:54 PM, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Two reasons. One: We've come accustomed to thinking of American corporations as the greedy, evil corporations hell bent on tapping the whole world's riches as their god-given spoils. Two: during the Soviet times, many Russians looked at the west (America) for inspiration and dreamed of being free like people in the west (don't laugh...).

Every time I've had to deal directly and file complaints with any American corporation they've largely ignored my complaints, I mean literally. Like I was non-existent. Once time I sought help from consumer protection in my country, and they actually made a case that the huge American corporation in question had to listen and abide by the law. Usually, it seems, they don't have to.

When it comes to European and Russian corporation, I tend to expect them at least to meet higher ethical standards. The cynic in me tells me not so much because they would be any more virtuous as such, but because the legal reality is so different here as opposed to the USA where it, in a word, sucks.

I completely agree and have had the same experiences the world over. Muricans think they run a democracy when in fact theyre a third world theocracy that worships money rather than some bronze age fairytale. The do enjoy thumping storybooks of such fairytales, but none of them actually seem interested in espousing the virtues those stories teach.

Even in europe I find most corporations can be identified as pre- or post-murican contact, in how they view and treat their customers : europe teaches service, murica teaches slavery. The Japanese handle business cards with two hands out of respect. Murica builds suicide nets on their factories out of inhumanity and callous avarice.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this