Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Armada: Gorizia

17 comments in this topic

[MAD4T]
Players
12 posts

tthe season of giving unless your wargamming.. then its pure greed and not listening to teh players all year we said we hated teh stupidly high grinds.. and this is what we get??? get your head out of the sand and listen to us!!!! no money!!!!!! no money for you and the reactions from your camp is not helping anything at all . rather have a bit of time with your family over chrstmas?? not if you try to get the 2 ships here!!!

• Cool 6

[AJX]
Players
3 posts

Another crap Italian cruiser to join the rest of the crap Italian cruisers. As part of the most insulting and impossible set of directives ever to be on WOW. The insincere greed of WG is despicable and an insult to all players whether they are fun, casual or full time gamers. You can stick your crap cruiser in the same place you can shove that "FREE" (if you have no life or in excess of 200 euros) Puerto Rico!

• Cool 2

Players
729 posts
2,109 battles
24 minuti fa, Mike_Jonm ha scritto:

Another crap Italian cruiser to join the rest of the crap Italian cruisers

Yeah, I feel extremely insulted as an Italian by that too. I didn't wanted them to be god tier, but it just seems that the only good one it's Venezia, the others just struggle, but I think it's too late to talk about this. Besides I find quite interesting that I'm Italian and guess which is the first "legendary" (with special abilities) captain that I get. The Italian one. Luigi Sansonetti. How ironic:Smile_glasses: 

He's good even on battleships, put him on Giulio Cesare and that ship becomes literally GOD TIER

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,979 posts

But... Is it seven times better than the Prinz Eitel Friedrich, that is the question?

• Funny 5

[SRW]
Players
1,115 posts
6,246 battles
On 12/13/2019 at 4:31 PM, MrFingers said:

But... Is it seven times better than the Prinz Eitel Friedrich, that is the question?

Sure it is. I'm having A LOT of fun with Gorizia.

I mean, I'm in my Zara, blapping Gorizia with citadels. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[SRW]
Players
1,115 posts
6,246 battles

Fun fact I found...

Gorizia was also attacked numerous times by Allied bombers while in port, culminating in a major raid in April 1943 that inflicted serious damage to the ship. Under repair when Italy surrendered to the Allies in September, the ship was seized by occupying Germany forces, who found the ship to be unusable and so abandoned her.

The Germans were not interested in her at all... unusable.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_cruiser_Gorizia

[HOO]
2,979 posts
9 hours ago, Palubarac said:

The Germans were not interested in her at all... unusable.

Because it was damaged, and they couldn't muster the funds/resources/... to repair her. Also: this happened when the focus from the Kriegsmarine swayed from surface warfare to submarine warfare. They just didn't have a use for that ship, it did not fit their goals nor plans.

• Cool 1

[CAPT]
Players
398 posts
11,530 battles

What's with the pink comment in Russian at the end of the article? (Inquiring minds, and all that.):Smile_sceptic:

[HOO]
2,979 posts
2 hours ago, DarthDon49 said:

What's with the pink comment in Russian at the end of the article? (Inquiring minds, and all that.):Smile_sceptic:

"Something went wrong, try again later".

It had a button there that gave 3 flags (1x ESCL, 1x ZH, 1x PP), if you clicked on it within 72 hrs of the article being posted. It's a thing in the "holiday-articles", to boost engagement. After 72hrs, the button vanishes, and the Russian error-message pops up.

[F-E-O]
Players
68 posts
13,759 battles

I bought Gorizia Yesterday. I´ve played about 10 games with her and i like it. 6 km hydroacoustic search is funny to spot DDs, SAP shells can cause 5k damage per salvo in battleships. AP shells perform good and seems to be very accurate.

When I started to play italian cruisers I thought they were crap. But my opinion change when I got Brindisi, I like that ship. I think Italian´s CA have a mix of play styles... but I´m not going to give you my tricks :cap_cool:

So in my opinion: Brindisi and Venecia are quite Good, Amalfi not sure because T8 have to face T10 frequently, Zara and Trento not sure if average or low-average... may be I´ll give them a second chance... Monteccucoli is bad (need more caliber or HE instead of SAP) And Gorizia is a good ship and a good deal (can get back their value in doubloons if 3rd Puerto Rico directive is completed)

[CAPT]
Players
398 posts
11,530 battles
22 hours ago, MrFingers said:

"Something went wrong, try again later".

It had a button there that gave 3 flags (1x ESCL, 1x ZH, 1x PP), if you clicked on it within 72 hrs of the article being posted. It's a thing in the "holiday-articles", to boost engagement. After 72hrs, the button vanishes, and the Russian error-message pops up.

Thank you

Sign in to follow this