You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
gopher31

Are you going to grind the Puerto Rico?

Are you going to grind the Puerto Rico?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to grind the Puerto Rico?

• Yes
    • No

83 comments in this topic

[SHAD]
Players
1,051 posts

Lots of controversy about this grind.

If the poll goes the way I expect it might force a rethink on Wargaming’s part.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 1

[HKIWS]
Players
17 posts

There's a distinct possibility that not a single player will be able to finish it without paying dubloons, certainly nobody who has a job or a family.

Players
1,298 posts

Yes I am going to try.

I like the idea, but do not really need another battle cruiser.

I like to see a ship being built, in a dock yard.

I am hoping it may become a regular game feature ( dock yard / build a boat thing )

I doubt I will pay for booster, but who knows.

I will be disappointed if I start grinding and its removed before I have a chance to finish it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 4

[SOCKS]
Players
790 posts
5,620 battles
3 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

I will be disappointed if I start grinding and its removed before I have a chance to finish it.

please some helpful soul help this guy come to his senses and understand the scale of what he's getting into, so he doesn't waste one month of his life away in a pointless attempt damned to fail...

I would do it myself, but I'm far removed from being able to given how hard I'm choking in laughter... XDDDDD

• Cool 1

Players
483 posts
4,666 battles
Gerade eben, RAMJB sagte:

so he doesn't waste one month of his life away in a pointless attempt damned to fail...

If he even starts with this in full possession of his mental faculties, I consider it a proof that he has no life anyway....

[KAKE]
Players
2,133 posts
4,655 battles
2 minutes ago, Barracuda_111 said:

It will be removed before you have a chance to finish it. That is guaranteed. The building process only runs from 16th December to 13th January. There is no way in Hell you're going to finish it just by grinding the missions by that time.

• Cool 3

[SOCKS]
Players
790 posts
5,620 battles

If he even starts with this in full possession of his mental faculties, I consider it a proof that he has no life anyway....

....or no brain XDDD

Players
1,298 posts
1 minute ago, RAMJB said:

please some helpful soul help this guy come to his senses and understand the scale of what he's getting into, so he doesn't waste one month of his life away in a pointless attempt damned to fail...

I would do it myself, but I'm far removed from being able to given how hard I'm choking in laughter... XDDDDD

@RAMJB

My Friend, I am retired, and I look after My disabled wife 24/7, My personal life is World of Warships, I could afford to buy it out right, However I want the challenge of making the ship, I dont drink, I dont watch TV, and I like the warship game, It keeps my brain awake and gives me my Dopamine dosage.

Regards 

• Cool 5

[SOCKS]
Players
790 posts
5,620 battles

Your call, mate. If you want to sink a huge investment of time and resources (all those flags and camos you'll burn) into an objectivelly impossible to meet goal, it's your decision. I'm just trying to save you the dissapointment you mention in that last phrase. No, you won't get it and yes, it'll be removed from the yard before you have a chance to finish it.

• Cool 2

Players
1,298 posts
6 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

It will be removed before you have a chance to finish it. That is guaranteed. The building process only runs from 16th December to 13th January. There is no way in Hell you're going to finish it just by grinding the missions by that time.

Ah

Thank you for telling Me

o7

Beta Tester
31 posts

I took the time to build a spreadsheet  and I believe this proves it is actually not technically possible to complete  construction even if you complete  both daily chains  every day and the first 4 directives on day of release (also not technically possible )

Free boosters cap out  at around  38 Million points    still  15 million short

Players
102 posts
1,122 battles

I'm going to play as usual and put the token into boosters. Because I like the step by step building thing. It is a marvelous concept and it seems very well done on the research and visuals side. I'll see how far I can get but I have no hopes and intentions of getting to completion.

• Cool 1

[102]
Players
518 posts
3,617 battles

No. But it has nothing to do with the PR grind.

It has all to do with the fact that I will be in vacation mode and a big week with out a PC just sounds too good.

• Cool 1

[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,710 posts
10,680 battles

No, won't be grinding this. It's ludicrous and not founded in reality. It's a real pity there is no 'player council' or 'clan council' representing groups of players. If clans acted multilaterally by influencing their members to abstain from participating in certain 'activities' and 'events' it might force WG to listen. Eve Online had a similar set up and it worked wonders in getting the devs to listen to their playerbase. Currently the playerbase wastes their true authority and power to affect change by remaining so fragmented and arguing about stupid little things. One of the reasons WG (as once discovered apparently back in my WOT days) had 'sock puppets' infiltrate forums pretending to be players was to silence critics and sew misinformation and prevent consensus. Conspiracy theory much? Not really, maybe sometimes the truth is really that simple.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,864 posts
5,032 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Lots of controversy about this grind.

If the poll goes the way I expect it might force a rethink on Wargaming’s part.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA

No.

Wargaming doesnt give a Crab.

If they Cared about such trivial things as Community Opinion they would not have made this Event in the First Place.

I have no Idea how Drunk you need to be to actually even come close to thinking that this would have been a Good Idea xD

Players
646 posts
9,912 battles

Not so long ago I thought we would be building California and the event requirements would be reasonable.

I hadn't heard anything about Gorizia, and was looking forward to getting a decent amount of Steel.

The PTS made the process deceptively easy, so much that I completed the PR twice and the shipbuilding collection.

The Developers Bulletin for 0.8.11 gave no warning of what to expect, possibly because the details hadn't been finalised yet and whoever wrote the article was not in possession of all the facts.

7 Directives, but only the first 4 expected to be enough. The final three Directives to get PR even earlier.

Then the patch hits.

The numbers are revealed.

Disbelief.

Fear of missing out.

Anger.

Sure, some nice rewards, but unreasonable and unrealistic.

Steel locked behind Directive 7, with 9 days to complete before the event ends. More Steel locked behind stage 34 out of 36 of the shipbuilding. Still out of reach when for us filthy casuals who'll be lucky to get 3 boosters.

Expectations are rapidly de-escalated. Wargaming have made their intentions crystal clear. This event, and that ship, are intended solely for the benefit of Whales.

Non-Whales will have to accept and be thankful for what they can get, and I think most of us have come to recognise that with the emphasis returning to Snowflakes.