Sign in to follow this  
samphilconlor

Compensation for server downtime?

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
105 posts
3,885 battles

So as the title says day of the huge Xmas update, very time limited (impossible) grind event that has the playerbase up in arms over how hard it will be and we can't even get on the server to play.

I assume some form of compensation for our troubles will be forthcoming? I've got 80+ days premium on my account and I can't even play the game currently.

Honestly don't think you guys could have shot yourselves in the foot any more today if you'd tried.

• Cool 2

[FISHR]
Players
128 posts
7,279 battles
55 minutes ago, samphilconlor said:

So as the title says day of the huge Xmas update, very time limited (impossible) grind event that has the playerbase up in arms over how hard it will be and we can't even get on the server to play.

I assume some form of compensation for our troubles will be forthcoming? I've got 80+ days premium on my account and I can't even play the game currently.

Honestly don't think you guys could have shot yourselves in the foot any more today if you'd tried.

You forget the brilliant idea of transferring all the ship XP from the Halloween event to the bloody ORLAN (who on Earth still owns an Orlan?)!

AFAIK, the only Russian-derived ship of the lot was the Mutantovsk, all the others came from other nations.

And yet, strangely enough, WG decide to funnel all the ship XP into the Russian line.

But, no, there is no Russian bias whatsoever, in this game...

• Funny 1

Players
6 posts
5,477 battles
33 minutes ago, rlBluestrike said:

I wonder if the compensation is going to be as absurd as the directives are :)

Most probably it will be like 1 day of premium or a handfull of crap flags...

[BDE]
[BDE]
Beta Tester
477 posts
31,047 battles

Hello,compensatig? please cont include ship i open 20 in t-x game y nope ship.

[V888]
Players
8 posts
9,046 battles
15 hours ago, soffici said:

You forget the brilliant idea of transferring all the ship XP from the Halloween event to the bloody ORLAN (who on Earth still owns an Orlan?)!

AFAIK, the only Russian-derived ship of the lot was the Mutantovsk, all the others came from other nations.

And yet, strangely enough, WG decide to funnel all the ship XP into the Russian line.

But, no, there is no Russian bias whatsoever, in this game...

Thats the standart.

Every XP earned on every event ship ever was getting transfered to the Orlan after the event is over. You complain now about something thats happening since 4 years in a threat thats not even related to anything youre complaining about...

On topic: I too was suprised as I was kicked out this morning, but I doubt there will be compensation for a 1h downtime.

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
38 minutes ago, Littelfoot said:

On topic: I too was suprised as I was kicked out this morning, but I doubt there will be compensation for a 1h downtime.

1h of downtime? Are you sure?

I've experienced problems most of the day. Flambass for example lost a couple of hours during his insane grind yesterday of about 12 hours straight I believe.

It was definitely not "1h downtime". It was much more than that and some people are still experiencing problems. 

Apart from the compensation (some doubloons change and premium day/s most probably) they should extend the event as well even though that would go against their calculations...

[FISHR]
Players
128 posts
7,279 battles
47 minutes ago, Littelfoot said:

Thats the standart.

Every XP earned on every event ship ever was getting transfered to the Orlan after the event is over. You complain now about something thats happening since 4 years in a threat thats not even related to anything youre complaining about...

Well, I've started playing in September, so I did not know about the previous years.

But that's irrelevant. "It's always been like this" is not a justification for maintaining bad practices in general. If it were, progress would never occur.

Logic would suggest the ship XP go to the relevant Nation...

Back on topic. today I'm having no problems, yet.

So they might have fixed it for good

If it weren't for the time pressure they put on us all with the PR dockyard thing it would be no big deal: walk the dog, watch a movie, etc

But like this, meh

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
105 posts
2,142 battles
2 minutes ago, soffici said:

Well, I've started playing in September, so I did not know about the previous years.

But that's irrelevant. "It's always been like this" is not a justification for maintaining bad practices in general. If it were, progress would never occur.

Logic would suggest the ship XP go to the relevant Nation...

Back on topic. today I'm having no problems, yet.

So they might have fixed it for good

If it weren't for the time pressure they put on us all with the PR dockyard thing it would be no big deal: walk the dog, watch a movie, etc

But like this, meh

Does it really matter on which tier 1 ship it is? To use it anyway you need to pay to convert into free xp. It would make more sense to be put into free xp directly...

• Cool 1

[FISHR]
Players
128 posts
7,279 battles
4 hours ago, BarskiPatzow said:

Does it really matter on which tier 1 ship it is? To use it anyway you need to pay to convert into free xp. It would make more sense to be put into free xp directly...

Well said, Sir!

i was thinking more along the lines of putting it into some kind of free XP linked to the Nation, but your idea is definitely better than mine.

But it would allow players to have free XP for free, and not spend doubloons (hence real money) to convert it.

I'm no veteran, but judging by others' opinions and on what I've seen WG doing, I'm not sure they will ever do anything like that...

[AWG]
Beta Tester
645 posts
12,424 battles

I love how the WG staff is completely ignoring this topic.  The silence speaks volumes.

• Cool 1

Players
5,979 posts
11,661 battles
22 hours ago, Comrade_Putin said:

Most probably it will be like 1 day of premium or a handfull of crap flags...

WG used to be pretty generous with this. This outage caused all kinds of trouble.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,372 posts
9,371 battles

Ok what? I claimed the compensation for the server downtime and got a supercontainer with a perth in it.....do all boxes change to a supercontainer animation when you get a ship?

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles
30 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Ok what? I claimed the compensation for the server downtime and got a supercontainer with a perth in it.....do all boxes change to a supercontainer animation when you get a ship?

You claimed compensation via the ticket system?

And you got a SC for the troubles?

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,372 posts
9,371 battles
Just now, Palubarac said:

You claimed compensation via the ticket system?

And you got a SC for the troubles?

Yes

LOS20aS.png

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

Will do the same now then... and invite everyone else to do it.

It's a shame they don't offer compensation to everyone affected but instead you have to claim it yourself.

Guess what... just had my 1st battle of the day... 10 seconds into the match... DISCONNECTED.

By the time I got back in, the battle was almost over.

aith.jpg

Players
2,106 posts
9,536 battles

Well, the support claims that the issue is probably with my connection and everything is fine with their servers.

Seems like all these players are imagining things and the support guys know the best.

Terrible customer support.