You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Combat Missions in Update 0.8.11

71 comments in this topic

[BWOLF]
Players
111 posts
5,140 battles
2 hours ago, Obidiah_Kane said:

Can you tell us what you are planning for the people that don't use the forums, or reddit, and try and boost the PR build, with up to £70/$100 worth of doubloons, before failing to secure the required ship tokens on your insane directives, and not getting the ship - do they get their doubloons back and can they refund them for real money, or do you steal it all as payment for making them do the most ridiculous grind for nothing? 

I'm guessing that cowardly thieves will be too scared to answer this post but if it's the latter answer this is some of the scummiest, most cynical scamming I have seen, and really think the gaming press need to see this. 

I have the same feeling of disappointment (to stay polite) as the majority of the community on this event. Heck, I'll likely not even be able to get the Gorizia which interested me for the tier 8 perma camos you can get with the following missions and this annoys me greatly.

However your post confuses me. If $100 is a lot of money for somebody (and note that it's my case), are you not supposed to use it only once you have made an informed decision? Note that WG gave us all the numbers and 4 days between the update and the start of the ship building to do the math and find out how completely insane the grind is much effort has to be put to obtain the PR.

Sure the numbers can be confusing (and it's likely deliberate on the part of WG) and it is pretty easy to just throw money at the screen in the hope that it's gonna be good enough. But anybody doing this and then complaining afterwards is just silly (again just to stay polite).

• Cool 1

[MAD4T]
[MAD4T]
Players
18 posts

This whole debacle shafts the playerbase , we keep saying how much we hate the long hard grinds for mediocre and poor ships ( as well as good ships like the benham!)  we have jobs kids families cats dogs and it's christmas soon ( which seems to get missed ? )  the season of giving . not the season of grinding !!!!

• Cool 2

[HKIWS]
Players
21 posts
Vor 43 Minuten, Crysantos sagte:

And I think here is the crux of this entire topic - we failed to communicate the degree of time and dedication needed for this ship and we apologize for that, sincerely.

Saying that it was possible to earn the ship for free by "just doing the directives" instead of saying that it is for all intents and purposes impossible to earn the ship for free is a whole different quality than "failed to communicate the degree of time and dedication needed".

• Cool 4

[-GNG-]
Players
85 posts
8,113 battles
14 minutes ago, tankzalott said:

This whole debacle shafts the playerbase , we keep saying how much we hate the long hard grinds for mediocre and poor ships ( as well as good ships like the benham!)  we have jobs kids families cats dogs and it's christmas soon ( which seems to get missed ? )  the season of giving . not the season of grinding !!!!

And the season of paying!!!! Gifts, presents and all that stuff...

The most hatefull in this even is the way you are supposed to participate, play until you die or give us money. AFAIK snowflakes, the event is a failure, the containers are lame in rewards and the coal/steel more sparse than water in a desert....

Thanks wargaming @$$h*les for showing us up your real face....

And as we say in Greece, what you give is what you take

• Cool 6

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
938 posts
20,194 battles
52 minutes ago, tankzalott said:

Dude, it's the season of giving (that is to WG) hahahahhhaha.

• Funny 1

[R-M]
Beta Tester
22 posts
9,629 battles

simple, this event is telling me :cap_horn:to play another game during the holidays, and maybe do some snowflakes.

pity, was looking forward to the end year events. :Smile_sad:

[4_0_4]
Players
6,729 posts
13,017 battles
11 hours ago, Crysantos said:

I'm sorry that many of you feel this way, as I've said beforehand it wasn't our intention to make you guys mad - we wanted to offer something for a variety of players :(

Variety? What VARIETY?

All this PR-Grind does is force players to leave their real life in order to get this ship for free if they want it.

Thats not variety, that's greed for more money from the prem boosters.

Honestly. This building animation is so well done. A shame that your bosses waste it in such a disgusting event.

Hopefully those € from the few whales are worth all the anger of the community. I don't think so, but I also don't run a company. But angering/lie to your customers is never a good idea.

• Cool 3

Players
334 posts
11,081 battles

So first of all... Reading the responses and seeing that leaked CC chatter response from SubOctavian.. I have lost all trust and faith in you as the spokesperson.

You have had heard to the community regarding the CV rework, how miserable that entire shitshow was.

CV rework is still bad, but you guys listened to the community over a long period of time.

Here someone leaked a response being a hardcore gamer with NO LIFE should sacrifice his every waking moment to World of Warships, to grind that the 1% of players earn the ''I have no life reward''.

I'm a hardcore gamer, been supporting this game too much since release.. Spent like 8500 euro spread out these 4 years, because I enjoy this game and this is now my main game. Which says a lot!

On that note, I have a job, and not unemployed like your team asks of that 1% playerbase and then to ask them to not enjoy the holiday and relax from the work.

This ''apology''doesn't feel sincere at all, it just a response to save face! This [edited]-up regarding Puerto Rico and Dockyard made me think how greedy you guys are, and don't appreciate how this community keeps your job, and every WG employee still keeps their job at World of Warships department.

This may actually ruin the reputation in World of Warships offices, and Wargaming in general.

You act like you guys are generous, but holy hell. Feels like the community is Robin Hood and giving our money to the community which is Wargaming/World of Warships.

How is this even fair in the company's eyes?

There wasn't a paywall the other 4 years, it was a tribute to the community for STILL playing your game.

This damage control you guys are doing, believe me its not working.

Holidays are there to unwind and to enjoy stuff, not to grind something for 12 hours.

This isn't Fortnite, where we as players gets rewarded 50.000 Euros for our placement efforts!

Hate to say it, but Wargaming need to either lower the demand to a reasonable amount of player who can achieve this, and since its the holidays, it should be 45% and remaining progress can be unlocked for 8 000 Doubloons.

You guys have become greedy and it shows in the responses from everyone.

At least Electronic Arts had the decency to rework their lootboxes and listen to the community. It's sad..... and a tragedy that World of Warships might take a massive hit because of this, but its warranted for the greater good.

The rewards from the Christmas update should be handed out for free, in token to the community for still playing this game, and want to keep it alive. This wont restore your reputation, but it will over time if your priority is your players and customers. Do the right thing here, and don't hide behind your [edited], own your mistakes FULLY.

wBEbgiN.thumb.png.97f8a2a22b33b36a2c6856e25da2fdc6.png

• Cool 5

Players
334 posts
11,081 battles
10 hours ago, Crysantos said:

....I agree that it's a very significant time investment. I could use some of my dubloons to get there. The choice is up to me whether I think the ship is worth it.

we failed to communicate the degree of time and dedication needed for this ship and we apologize for that, sincerely.

Greeitngs, Crysantos

I'm sorry to say Christian, you guys failed the entire community.
You can spend your Doubloons, because that's your PAYMENT from the company, 60 000 Doubloons doesn't mean anything to you since you get payed by Wargaming in this currency.
So your statement wouldn't be fair to compare to the rest of the playerbase who isn't employed by WG.

''very significant time investment'' If I want to spend 14 hours per day for something I need to pay for... 
The communication wasnt failed on your part, the entire system is FUBAR and the statement was ANYONE could complete it.... 
Don't try to explain your way out of this company public relations standard answers.... 

Own up to your mistakes, the community is the Robin Hood's, WG is the big bad wolf asking for all our awake time during a long holiday to invest into something unachievable for free.
PEF campaign was free, but you had the choice to speed it up with PEF.
When you spend 8300 Euros into a four year old game, and then begs for more money and time from the player. And then screw over the player in to pay HEAVILY to get something that should be free to tribute the players for continuing supporting this game.   

• Cool 2

[0KILL]
Players
28 posts
12,530 battles
14 hours ago, Crysantos said:

The system should give you one snowflake per ship - that snowflake should only disappear by doing the related requirements, not by selling the ship. But you won't be able to get the same snowflake twice - so if you blow it off, sell the ship, buy it again - no new snowflake. And you get snowflakes for new ships, too ;)

So TLDR: One snowflake per ship, no matter what you do with it.

Greetings, Crysantos

Ok, thank you for the reply, much appreciated

• Cool 2

[GEUS]
Players
9 posts
5,220 battles

I do believe however that the way WG advertised the PR before the patch release, was misleading (maybe not in a legal sence, definitely in a real-live sence). WG wrote "It is entirely possible… ". And they know this because "entirely" has since been removed, in fact the entire paragraph has be refrased. I think the only way WG can redeem this is by offering those players, that have already spend dubloons on the boosters, to refund the dubloons spend… The normal expectation is that when spending these dubloons (up to 24k), you would be able to get the ship in a normal grind... but even that is not true… In spite of the way it was advertised.

I realise players could have known this before spending the dubloons, they were after all able to analyse the missions before spending. But that is hardly a normal way of working and the gameclient was set up in such way that you would first look at the dockyard… and spend dubloons there, before looking at the missions.  

For myself… I was looking forward to the ship, and was considering buying one or more of the boosters. But since I am on the EU server and we get the patch a day later, I got to see the video's of (NA) CC's (some of the very vocal) before logging on myself. So I lucked out there… (also, I am an engineer and also did some quick-and-dirty calculations myself - I quickly concluded that it would take some 80+ days to unlock the ship, assuming a number of dubloon-boosters and my normal gameplay - thus hardly being able to complete a number directives).

But players in North America (and perhalps other regions) didn't have the luck of watching YouTube beforehand. Some of them may have just spend up to 24.000 dubloons and end up watching them going to waste... and they get to watch it for 2 months, because that is how long the dockyard will remain in the game. And after two months… their dubloons will be gone. For 2 months they get to antagonize over this (if intentional, this is psychological warfare on the part of WG against these players). The Dockyard with the unfinished Puerto Rico in it as a monument to their "nativity"?.
I think WG should offer a refund of these booster-dubloons for those players that want it... it seems to me, its the only way to redeem this situation. 

[SOSIG]
[SOSIG]
Players
10 posts
12,624 battles

Happy Christmas and New Year. Especially to the staff members responsible for the ridiculous Puerto Rico grind.

• Funny 3

[RULE1]
Players
2 posts
8,405 battles

Glad it's Christmas and looking at what's need to get the PR, I can now safely say I won't be buying any doubloons and will have a happy family as even Santa could not hope to finish this grid, as Douglas Adams said "So long and thanks for all the fish".

• Funny 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,240 posts
1 hour ago, Admiral_Sun said:

why is this only doable in Gorizia i want the Izmael but i need to buy the Gorizia for it ??

It's always been the case like that.

• 2018 you needed the Prinz Eitel Friedrich (end-of-year premium ship) for Hatsuharu, Nürnburg, Icarus, Dallas & Normandie
  • 2017 you needed Duke of York (end-of-year premium ship) for New Mexico, La Gallisoniere, Ernst Gaede, Queen Elizabeth & Fushun
  • 2016 you needed Graf Spee (end-of-year premium ship) for Leander, Farragut, Budyonny, Fuso & Bayern (but only after EU riotted)

This year it's the same, but last 3 years those ships were easily grindable for free in campaigns/directives. This year: not so much.

[WAR]
Players
428 posts

They still live in their own little fantasy world... bless their cold little hearts.

They be like.... "All is well... its only the malcontents blabbering on and on, just ignore them like we do and they will go away.... we only do nice things for the community"....

Well, if we are the community.... then I think we would be impeaching the mayors and other officials for being corrupt!

Keep it up WoWs, keep living in your fantasy world... you will find out soon enough that when you crap on people.... they crap back.

Weekend Tester
755 posts
8,122 battles

So, if I'm not interested in pointless "shipbuilding tokens", there are essentially no more reward missions (less River Plate and Twitch) until February-ish?

The only option is pay-to-play by buying Gorizia?

This is all getting a bit dull. By contrast, I just dropped into WoT to play a few games and there are literally dozens of missions available, with many different objective paths for players to choose from.

[SRW]
Players
1,879 posts
7,895 battles

They invested a lot of time and work into this event.

Since it was designed to last only a month (utterly stupid decision) then they want all players to focus on that event only and forget anything else.

Alternatively you can go to Armory where you will be presented with a bunch of premium boxes bought by doubloons. So you can always gamble if that's your thing. WG loves gambling. 

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,882 posts
7 minutes ago, nocturnalnemesis said:

Where are the daily missions? was at stage 1 mission 2 and everything gone also the t10 ones for legendary?

Also the directives. I assume a webserver issue as those are presented by the ingame browser.

If and how our progress is saved remains to be seen.