You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Isoruku_Yamamoto

Carefully positive feedback on the NY update

10 comments in this topic

Players
1,055 posts
12,099 battles

Hi everyone, 

Theres a little storm going on about the whole Puerto Rico directives grind (and, as a matter of fact, the Gorizia and all other related rewards, which are stuck behind the same wall). 

Now, I'd like to bring my feedback a tad more positive. 
I think WG has set up an amazing event, the whole shipbuilding thing looks pretty awesome, the event and reward look awesome- there is only 1 but. And this but is currently causing a tremendous amount of negativity. 
The but is obviously that the directives grind is pretty insane. 

Now, I really, really, think the event, the snowflakes, free gift containers, possibility of unlocking PR and Gorizia and all are freaking amazing. 

Just fix the directives and this event is 10/10 for me. 

Grtz Isoruku_Yamamoto

• Cool 8

[SM0KE]
Players
5,800 posts
14,068 battles

I tend to agree with you - if WG hadn't spectacularly mishandled the whole 'grind'/PR aspect of the Xmas event, this probably would have been a highlight of the year (if not *the* highlight)...

• Cool 2

[BOTES]
Players
63 posts
4,540 battles

There is a lot of good work that went into this event - the whole shipyard building is excellent. But all that work got devalued by their marketing, their mission designers and their monetization. Way to shoot yourself in the foot.

• Cool 2

Players
1,055 posts
12,099 battles
1 minute ago, Data_Unavailable said:

There is a lot of good work that went into this event - the whole shipyard building is excellent. But all that work got devalued by their marketing, their mission designers and their monetization. Way to shoot yourself in the foot.

I think the marketing and monetization aspects are in fact not even that bad, i'd most likely have gotten my wallet out and bought the Gorizia if i was sure i could re-earn the doubloons. I tend to do that if it makes the missions really easy, but in this case it makes them easier on a titan scale. 

So still not exactly easy. 

Fixing only the directives would make this a beatiful event, and i can imagine that over in Paris/ Prague (did they move yet) they're having an emergency meeting right now. And if they do fix the directives, i'll applaud them for that too. 

• Cool 1

[BOTES]
Players
63 posts
4,540 battles

Well they can't go back on the monetization anymore, since people already forked over the 59k doubloons :cap_fainting: to get out Puerto Rico. And they'd have to scale down the directives a lot to make this show bearable in any way.

Players
1,628 posts
7,479 battles
23 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Just fix the directives and this event is 10/10 for me. 

It's rather 1/10, I mean divide by ten all the requirements, and the cash will start to flow in. WG, use that famous russian damage control, you have.

• Cool 2

Players
1,055 posts
12,099 battles
4 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

It's rather 1/10, I mean divide by ten all the requirements, and the cash will start to flow in. WG, use that famous russian damage control, you have.

Thats why i call it 10/10. If they fix the directives. 

Right now it kinda sucks, but i'm using the conditional IF to indicate that IMO it could be a bloody amazing event. 
I trust things will change, i'm just saying i think it has a 10/10 potential. 
Situation isnt exactly 10/10

• Cool 2

6,234 posts
10,691 battles
9 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

If they fix the directives. 

They don't necessarilly have to do that. Or well ... depending on how you look at it. Just keep the directives active for half a year or so ... boom problem solved.

• Cool 5

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

I agree that at its core, the entire dockyard + "play to get pieces" of the ship (on top of the visual aspect) has been nicely thought out and is a nice addition to the game (and I hope it becomes a permanent feature for long-term goals to work towards). 

It's just that the numbers don't add up, and the whole public-relations bonfire/fiasco.

• Cool 5