You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
wot_2016_gunner

Even CCs complain about Puerto Rico grind

335 comments in this topic

[JOLLY]
Beta Tester
131 posts
19,767 battles

Just enjoy ur holidays, there is no reason to grind the equivalent of multiple fully researched lines in a super short amount of time.

maybe it was just a hickup, like a decimal place slip.

• Cool 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

The Flamuu + iChase video (the first one) is pure gold and they call out every mirror trick Wargaming is trying to pull here.

• Cool 16

Weekend Tester
997 posts
5,851 battles

Funnily actually buying the ship for dubloons is the cheaper option if you consider all the camos and flags you have to burn for the directives.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4

Players
156 posts
3,685 battles

Well that's a big   B R U H moment right there.

But hey! Look at the bright side! We can get a lot of coal!

You know...like...bad...children? :Smile_sad:

• Funny 12

[SM0KE]
Players
5,801 posts
14,068 battles
27 minutes ago, Starchy_Tuber said:

you truly know that you have crap the bed and rolled in it.

Reminds me of that scene in Trainspotting - you know the one...!

• Funny 2

[BOBS]
Beta Tester
254 posts
3,439 battles

I’m really looking forward to watching the official update Twitch stream later, I predict crash tv at its very finest 😂

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[GOON]
Beta Tester
111 posts
4,010 battles

The Gorizia grind is also god damn brutal, and despite what WG's representative claimed on the WoWS subreddit, orders of magnitude worse than the Prince Eitel Friedrich event from last year.

This really is beyond the pale. 

• Cool 1

[BODEM]
Players
799 posts
7,026 battles

@Crysantos Could you please relay to the rest of the WG staff that at least we got a good laugh out of the reactions of the CCs :) Nobody will be doing the Puerto Rico grind, but at least the effort of the art department and every other person working on the ship dock didn't do all the work for nothing :) The reactions have been marvelous xD Do this again next year. It's great to end the year with a bang like this :D

• Cool 7
  • Funny 10
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester
1,004 posts
16,028 battles

WG loved the GZ disaster, they needed something more, hope you enjoyed the catastrophy of PR.

• Cool 1

Players
372 posts
5,745 battles
5 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

@Crysantos Could you please relay to the rest of the WG staff that at least we got a good laugh out of the reactions of the CCs :) Nobody will be doing the Puerto Rico grind, but at least the effort of the art department and every other person working on the ship dock didn't do all the work for nothing :) The reactions have been marvelous xD Do this again next year. It's great to end the year with a bang like this :D

Maybe they want everyone to quit work and families? Lol

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[AMAT]
Beta Tester
179 posts
8,170 battles

Funny to see how wg mess up huge this time. İ dont try to take or finish missions.Also i want to watch wg staff trying to finishing missions witout company support.

problem is this is not a free ship .But if i will pay for pre this is too rediculus way to get .

• Cool 1

Players
463 posts
8,432 battles

What a [edited]shitshow. Moments like these make me regret ever playing this game and falling into the sunk fallacy pit trap.

• Cool 2

[BODEM]
Players
799 posts
7,026 battles
13 minutes ago, Rionnen_marksman said:

Maybe they want everyone to quit work and families? Lol

Nah, they depend on you working and want to see family. They want your money, all of it. Every. Last. Dime. Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme. Grab, grab, grab, grab. Just like Flamu and Chase were talking about, they only care for the whales that have fallen for the trap and already have put 58000(!) dubloons down for it. And this is not even a guess or something. I mean, check all the objectives in the game. They almost spell it out. The titles of the objectives from 1 to 7 could easily be changed to No, Free, Ships, Here, Go, Buy and Them. Would spell out exactly what is is to be expected. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
2 posts
12,643 battles

WG lost my money right there!

I was actually ready to pay for some Dubloons to aid in this grind. But after seeing this.... Nope!

Not a single cent will be payed for this crap!

• Cool 7

Players
57 posts
6,921 battles

Well at this time of year I decide if it is worth my while renewing my Premium account - so thanks wargaming you are saving me £67.50.

There is no way that I could get this ship with Premium, plus all the camos and flags that I have in my collection. The really sad thing is that anyone who shows up in this game with this ship will just be known for having more money than sense as that is the only way to get this ship.

• Cool 7

Players
19 posts
6,425 battles

I wont even try to get the Puerto Rico and I certainly wont be spending money on it. The whole Christmas event is a massive disappointment, which is a shame as I was looking forward to it.

• Cool 5

Players
5,979 posts
11,609 battles
2 hours ago, Mikebello_2 said:

I can live without this ship.

Regards

With this grind, the question is whether you can live with it (unless you fork over the doubloons, of course).