You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Last Chance to Get Your Hands on Festive Treats!

70 comments in this topic

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Yeah, but who in his right mind would want to reward Wargaming for this patch?

Any penny spend will just confirm them in their believe that they created a marvelous event for all players to celebrate.

• Cool 12

[BEWBS]
Players
11 posts
19,117 battles

"Jump behind the helm of Italian cruiser flag_Italy_206c77d5bf356559100ac3e95fdb7premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7e VII Gorizia to progress through the first three New Year Directives faster"

How to even complete the first one, without this cruiser, when the only completion criteria for "Holidays right ahead" is doing it in this ship? =)

• Cool 1

6,235 posts
10,704 battles
1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

Yeah, but who in his right mind would want to reward Wargaming for this patch?

Those who don't like being told by others on what to do with their earned money?

• Boring 7
  • Bad 5
  • Angry 1

Players
4 posts
1,789 battles

The Puerto Rico event  is the single most blatant cash-grab event i have ever experienced, i have played War Thunder and World Of Tanks and i know what a cash-grab is. The missions are RIDICIOLOUSLY hard and normal people cannot ever hope to complete them, while still enjoying the game, You are ruining your own game and destroying its player base with the fact that you can "just buy it" for 54K DOUBLOONS; ARE YOU MAD? its over 150 EUROS FOR A SINGEL SHIP.! The containers were risky enough, but this just shows that WG has no connection to their community and its playerbase with this awful event. JUST GIVE US THE SHIP AS A GIFT, IT IS CHRISTMAS PEOPLE! We put up with the games normal BS and then this..

• Cool 11

[BATH]
Players
5 posts
15,783 battles
1 hour ago, renelm said:

"Jump behind the helm of Italian cruiser flag_Italy_206c77d5bf356559100ac3e95fdb7premium_1114542bcd311c388080eea3a4d54a7e VII Gorizia to progress through the first three New Year Directives faster"

How to even complete the first one, without this cruiser, when the only completion criteria for "Holidays right ahead" is doing it in this ship? =)

I have to admit it seems like you have set a new precedent by insisting players have to buy a premium ship before they can play any of the the combat missions in game. I hope you rethink this policy, especially as it's part of the Christmas events. Even Scrooge would blush in embarrassment at this one guys. C'mon Wargaming make this the last mission instead of the first and give us a choice.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all from an old Submariner.

5595477693_dc78ddaa2b_o-ocelot.jpg

• Cool 8

Players
22 posts
32,392 battles

Shame on you WG for this upgrade. Dont use words like "simple" in your descriptions, its insulting. Its clear this is a money grab upgrade on your part.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
67 posts
16,826 battles
54 minutes ago, Eazy_Rider said:

I have to admit it seems like you have set a new precedent by insisting players have to buy a premium ship before they can play any of the the combat missions in game. I hope you rethink this policy, especially as it's part of the Christmas events. Even Scrooge would blush in embarrassment at this one guys. C'mon Wargaming make this the last mission instead of the first and give us a choice.

Well, they had this model before where you had to first get the ship, then do the missions - but those times, you could get those ships a lot easier than Gorizia is now. And of course it was a dirty cash grab model of mission design then, too.

The real shame is that WG apparently can't make content people may want to spend money on and instead make content to make people feel like they have to spend money on...

• Cool 1

[BOBS2]
Beta Tester
9 posts
3,003 battles

I was going to spend some money on mega containers but after i saw the directives i decided agianst rewarding their greed.

• Cool 4

[BOBS2]
Beta Tester
9 posts
3,003 battles

Its sad that we can now see the corporate WG move on monetization of WoWs. It was this agressive monetization pushing that killed WoT.

• Cool 3

Players
1 post
614 battles

simple my underpants, what good is it with this stuff if you have to build it.. spent hours (which I dont have) spent money (which I prefer spending on saving for my kids education).

This should be do-able for all types of players not just the elite. 

Im not spending more time or money on this, if that is gonna keep me from getting "presents" (which aint free since im paying for it anyway) then so be it. I thought the game has changed and improved since before my lil break..

Oh well its still fun to shoot n sink ships..but thats it.

sorry not ranting, just getting it off my chest :)

ps: To get the Gorizia you need to complete the first 3 levels and then you need an crap ship (Gorizia) to complete more levels.. sorry I prefer my North Carolina or Iowa over any ship. :)

• Cool 3

[KRONA]
Players
6 posts
14,565 battles

Bought 20 big gifts

got worthless camo and signals

1000 dublouns

marblehead

SERIOUSLY!!!!!! FCK YOU WG!!!!!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

Players
2 posts
3,674 battles
1 hour ago, Spjuvern said:

Bought 20 big gifts

1000 dublouns

marblehead

you gambled and lost you knew what you bought.

i also bought boxes that im not fully happy with but lets face it we bought lotery tickets.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[4_0_4]
Players
7,673 posts
14,009 battles
4 hours ago, Spjuvern said:

Bought 20 big gifts

1000 dublouns

marblehead

I also spent ~ 10€ on the lottery today and got NOTHING. :cap_happy:

Atleast WG gives you something.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
7 posts
2,649 battles

I also spent 65 dollars today on 20 crates....got a huanghe tier vii which i kid you not i  had just deleted the day before to make room on my port..

a few crappy signals,25000 coal and 1200 doubloons..compared to last years crates i felt ripped off to be honest.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1 post
459 battles

You brainless morons don't learn anything from these gamble lootbox practices do you? As long as there are people buying this crap, they'll continue to do it. It already happened in so many other games and people still fall for it. They're playing on human emotions and it's [edited]disgusting. Just. stop. buying. this. crap. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1

Players
14 posts
19,288 battles

Hi!  I must congratulate you on captains logbook now we poor players can see what are we missing.  It would be nice if you would help us to acquire items we are missing in bundles (as you did with black flags and patches) or in special captains containers containing random 2 or 3 flags and patches.  It should be like in collections player should have an option to exchange duplicate flags and paches for missing ones at the rate of 5 to 1.

Best, Tomislav 

[-TAP-]
[-TAP-]
Beta Tester
96 posts
11,270 battles

Had a years' premium from the Christmas sales for several years now for WOT/ WOWS; but never again I'm afraid. Your recent track record WG of 'events', along with the sword of Damocles otherwise known as submarines - just too much.

• Cool 2

[ICG]
Players
529 posts
4,367 battles
On 12/13/2019 at 6:41 PM, Spjuvern said:

Bought 20 big gifts

1000 dublouns

marblehead

If you ask me  I think it isn't smart to buy Santa crates if you don't have all the lower tier ships.

• Cool 2

Players
725 posts

Buy a Ship to do the directives. Then they make that ship an Italian SAP thrower, No way paying for that then.                                            Next offer I see is 360 days premium mmm after all these antics and more on the horizon with the training centre and there are some warship games released in 2020 can I see myself still playing in 12 months time I think I'll hold off buying anything for now..

Sad really as I enjoy playing and  watching the CC's vids that's if there is any CC's left.

Edited by motor_g_b
mis spelling
  • Cool 1

[KARMA]
Weekend Tester
37 posts
15,489 battles

So people are hungry to WG and them come where hungry about "gambling" with contaneirs?!..People try use your "weapons" to talk...and stop "gambling" with contaneirs.

• Cool 1

Players
27 posts
11,006 battles

Despite the 50% discount on 1 year premium account, I don't know if I will play this game another year after PR and Christmas greed...

• Cool 5

[P4P]
[P4P]
Players
1,213 posts
5,059 battles

1. Head to the premium-shop

2. Buy the package containing 12.500 dubloons and 30 days of premium (€38,99)

3. Head to the armory ingame, buy 360 days of premium for 12.000 dubloons (12.000 dubloons = €39,47 in premium-shop)

4. ?

5. Profit (500 dubloons and 30 days of premium time extra)

Edited by DaMaGGo
typos
  • Cool 6

[NAES-]
Players
47 posts
8,025 battles

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a262eeceabec368af2f

Once they have you trapped for a year, why they should care about making fun events instead of money grabs like PR.

In short, PR event = NOT FUN =No money spent.

• Cool 6