You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
rilship

Happy Holidays =/= Family Friendly Update 0.8.11

26 comments in this topic

Players
174 posts
2,906 battles

Hello dear fellow captains,

After getting to see the New Year Directives the only logical reaction is to repeat Dasha's words " Family Friendly"! Repeat those 100 times more and still wont make them any less hypocritical . What we see here is the total disconnect between WG and their players. They had one job - give their players the ability to ENJOY the holidays and take a rest from the CONSTANT grind of Directives which came one after another during the year. Instead what we get is a hellish grind for premium ship which is worse than the same tier tree one. And lets not start with Puerto Rico's grind..

Enjoy the Holidays my dudes/girls and show WG that it is time to stop treating us like soulless bots.

EDIT: Addes screenshot from MR.Fingers Thread - A comparison between the grinds for Prinz Eitel Friedrich & Gorizia.  Full Thread here : Apparently in order for us to have Family Friendly season WG decided to UP the grind by 700% at least! Good one!

download.jpg

Screenshot_7.png

• Cool 7
  • Funny 8

Beta Tester
1,004 posts
16,036 battles

True that, and lets not forget the MAJOR long awaited German BB BUFf - 2m less dispersion for TX...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles

You can grind 24/7 in alternating shifts: Kids are up early to grind, your wife does the daylight shift and you grind during the night.

If that's not fun for the whole family, I don't know what is.

Thanks WG, for giving us a reason to enjoy and share our hobby with our spouses and loved ones during this peaceful Christmas season.

Happy Holidays! :)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 16

[THESO]
Players
26 posts
6,972 battles
7 minutes ago, rilship said:

Hello dear fellow captains,

After getting to see the New Year Directives the only logical reaction is to repeat Dasha's words " Family Friendly"! Repeat those 100 times more and still wont make them any less hypocritical . What we see here is the total disconnect between WG and their players. They had one job - give their players the ability to ENJOY the holidays and take a rest from the CONSTANT grind of Directives which came one after another during the year. Instead what we get is a hellish grind for premium ship which is worse than the same tier tree one. And lets not start with Puerto Rico's grind..

Enjoy the Holidays my dudes/girls and show WG that it is time to stop treating us like soulless bots.

download.jpg

should have been PR grind not gorizia...

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
6 minutes ago, Azalgor said:

True that, and lets not forget the MAJOR long awaited German BB BUFf - 2m less dispersion for TX...

It doesn't matter that much in the "left-right" dimensions (shell spread over the length of the ship), but makes a HUGE difference in the "front-back"-dimensions (shells landing short or overshooting). The latter was a huge weakness of German BB gunnery, where your shots were perfectly on target, but either falled short, or flew over the ship (or overpenned instead of dunked in the citadel).

Players
2,976 posts
16,912 battles
16 minutes ago, Xphenomenal said:

should have been PR grind not gorizia...

Goriza is already 700% more grindy than last years PEF grind (see Mr Fingers post.). If PR didn't exist, there would still be a firestorm about Goriza, but then, PR exists.

• Cool 2

Players
5,038 posts
28 minutes ago, genosse said:

You can grind 24/7 in alternating shifts: Kids are up early to grind, your wife does the daylight shift and you grind during the night.

If that's not fun for the whole family, I don't know what is.

Thanks WG, for giving us a reason to enjoy and share our hobby with our spouses and loved ones during this peaceful Christmas season.

Happy Holidays! :)

Source?  Official WG communication? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
1,814 posts
15,377 battles

If they just politely said "these are fairly high tier ships, especially the t10 PR, and there was always going to be a major grind to obtain them for free, which is why we included options to skip parts or all of the grind for money, since we do run a f2p business after all", I still wouldn't like the design of this event, but I'd go "fair play, they run their business the way they want to, I don't need to participate if I don't want to".

However, the ragey reddit posts by their staff that read like they were written by a salty player that just got farmed by 3 Smolensks, an Enterprise and a Hakuryu all at once 10 battles in a row and went on to vent on the forums make me less sympathetic. I suppose when they chase away enough people with this kind of behavior on top of insane grinds and overpriced stuff in the premium shop (a single unit for a game should never be priced as much as a full AAA game), it'll all be the community's fault..

• Cool 7

[XTREM]
Players
1,803 posts
14,058 battles
6 minutes ago, Captain_Newman said:

If they just politely said "these are fairly high tier ships, especially the t10 PR, and there was always going to be a major grind to obtain them for free, which is why we included options to skip parts or all of the grind for money, since we do run a f2p business after all", I still wouldn't like the design of this event, but I'd go "fair play, they run their business the way they want to, I don't need to participate if I don't want to".

However, the ragey reddit posts by their staff that read like they were written by a player that just got farmed by 3 Smolensks, an Enterprise and a Hakuryu all at once and went on to vent on the forums make me less sympathetic. I suppose when they chase away enough people with this kind of behavior on top of insane grinds and overpriced stuff in the premium shop (a single unit for a game should never be priced as much as a full AAA game), it'll all be the community's fault..

Replace a few words and this is starting to sound a little like Disney Star Wars :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles
36 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Source?  Official WG communication? :Smile_trollface:

Nah, I can just see it. I am a homely family man like that. :)

weegee.thumb.jpg.6c364bf786c2f76275a6a842991e223d.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 17

Players
1,002 posts
14,482 battles

I've seen one Gorizia already. Like PEF the optimal strategy seems to be buy it upfront, use it to complete missions for Directives and wait for the refund. In the meantime you can get a headstart on the mission chain for Furious and the 2 permanent camouflages. And just like PEF that's a big mental adjustment for a game that is marketed as "free to play" and is supposed to be fun.

• Cool 3

[XTREM]
Players
1,803 posts
14,058 battles
17 minutes ago, genosse said:

Spoiler

a4d.gif.fc1bac0546def848857e3793ec193a78.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
1 post
1,942 battles

They managed to drive me away from the game for nearly a year last christmas with their stupid santa containers and now I have to deal with this shitshow. This might truely be the point at which I just quit this game and all the games of this money grabbing holiday ruining company. They can stick the ship builder event up their bum and ride this almost dead horse of a game until it finally chokes to death on their horrible events and hundreds of overpowered premium ships.

• Cool 3

[KAKE]
Players
2,657 posts
6,355 battles

I dunno, I think this is the most family friendly new year's event so far (at least since I started). 

I mean, none of the rewards are actually possible to get, so you might as well just ditch the game and spend time with your family and friends instead.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

Players
1,814 posts
15,377 battles

It would have been far more honest if they just sold the ship directly for the total price of doubloons required to get her instantly. It's not like it's actually possible to get it any other way if you're an actual human being that requires sleep, food, toilet breaks, not to mention works for a living.

So, PR: not worth the money, impossible to get otherwise. Pass.

Gorizica: Still an insane grind for a ship I know would just be a port queen after the event. Don't particularly want or need a crappier Zara.

Christmas boxes: Was interested in buying a few mega ones due to not owning ships like Kami/Fujin, Belfast, etc.. but after seeing these directives, I'd feel like I need a shower after giving any money to WG.

Thank you for the christmas present WG. The present on saving my money and time. I shall spend both on people I care about.

• Cool 2

Players
2,156 posts
4,794 battles
5 hours ago, genosse said:

Can I nick that for my signature? With credit, ofc.:Smile_hiding:

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 6 Stunden, genosse sagte:

Rieekan read the directives and fainted. Vader had to render first aid.

direct.jpg

• Funny 5

[NECRO]
Players
1,584 posts
Vor 4 Stunden, Captain_Newman sagte:

It's not like it's actually possible to get it any other way if you're an actual human being that requires sleep, food, toilet breaks, not to mention works for a living.

Theory: It's a shrewd GRU operation to weaken NATO's manpower by exhaustion and wrist injury.

• Funny 1

[KOKOS]
Players
460 posts
6,789 battles
3 hours ago, LOZFFVII said:

Can I nick that for my signature? With credit, ofc.:Smile_hiding:

Sure, do whatever you like with it. :)

[L4GG]
Players
3,268 posts
10,872 battles

I arrived home after work and I logged in and i had some troubles with the game.

I went to the forum to see what was going on, apparently, many other people were having the same issue.

I did saw here and there people mentioning PR failure (I mistaken with public relations) and I moved on, without a second look.

after supper I saw the videos, and only then I understood.

:Smile_veryhappy::cap_fainting:

WG you have a future as a stand up comedian

• Funny 2

Players
2,156 posts
4,794 battles
21 hours ago, genosse said:

Sure, do whatever you like with it. :)

Seems the maximum size allowed for a signature image is 490x100 pixels, and resizing it to that scale...well, let's say it's not very legible.

Oh well, nevermind.:Smile_smile: