You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Dockyard: the Rules Made Simple

128 comments in this topic

Players
142 posts

Let's be honest here, after I read that post in the Russian forum (most of you know what I'm talking about) it was quite obvious that there would not be any changes, regardless of what the comunity thinks. It's quite commonly accepted that what was to be the best  Christmas event so far, became the worst event in the game's history, and nothing was done to fix it! All I have to say is that the dockyard in its current state does not deserve neither my money nor my time. I can accept events meant for more hardcore players, like the Aigle or Indianapolis marathons, but this is just not humanly possible! It was clearly made impossible from the very beggining, and without us even knowing it, until it was too late! I hope lessons are learned and that there will never be such a thing again, although I don't even know what to expect...

• Cool 6

[SFH]
Players
32 posts
11,192 battles

wg dont respect us wants only the money nothing more,no good gift at black friday and christmas also weel done wg,one good game like wows to built other company and wg gona lose all the players

• Cool 3

[SOLO_]
Beta Tester
88 posts
10,189 battles

You've got a plethora of gifts coming your way as the year comes to an end!

The "plethora of gifts" are four small santa cantainers so far. Can't wait to see the other gifts... :cap_look:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
261 posts
9,710 battles

this article must be published 12/12. Now is too late.

Is not that P Rico  is  for money, is because u say that can be done without money. All the other offers shadowing because of Directives that r totally ridiculous. They give coal and steel but r insane. Is an insult to every player. Like a billion $ for the man who will run 100m in 5sec. Its an athlos that nobody can make! It was better to give tokens for this directives so everyone just ignore them. 

All u say in the article r truth and if I have done my math earlier, I ll spent only 14000 d for boosters. Now I have spent 24000 d and I know that I ll have the ship in normal-slow pace of gaming. I was surprised to see gifts along the process of building of the ship in PT. I thought "well, its Christmas anyway", now I know why. Nobody can says that he gives money for nothing if he dont complete PR. 

Another frustrating reason was the crates for the snowflakes in T10. EVERYONE will want 100 steel instead. 

Dockyard is very beautiful and all the players want to be permanent in our game.  

U ruin the job that some have done for months, I am sure, for this event. 

Some of your money must go to hire a good PR person.

Merry Christmas and health to you and your families. My congratulations to the man who though Dockyard.

ps forgive my English, pls...

• Cool 6

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
15,307 battles

What a scuzzy article. If you were someone who hadn't seen the forums/Reddit/YouTube highlighting of how impossible the missions are then you'd be completely misled by it.

Judging things by previous events you'd look at it and might think that no Premium-Boosters would be too difficult and one Premium-Booster would still be pushing it. But you normally manage to complete directives before the next one unlocks, so two Premium-Boosters to allow 5 days for Directive One and 6 days for each of Directives Two and Three would seem achievable, and 12 days for Directive Four like you could even take your time over things. And even judging it by Directive One of this event (that you've already been doing before the article was published) two Premium-Boosters would seem achievable. It was a bit grindy, but you've done it or are close to having done it within the quoted 5 days, so how bad can it be?

Oh. It can be that bad.

[GATOI]
Players
41 posts
24,993 battles
On 12/12/2019 at 3:01 PM, The_EURL_Guy said:

Does the thought of building Tier X cruiser Puerto Rico in your Port excite you? Or perhaps you want to get your hands on more rewards? Read on for the detailed instructions!

Read it on the portal

Can someone please clarify what does the last line mean?

"You’ll still be able to complete the unfinished ship during the next Update, after the shipbuilding process comes to an end. So, there’s no need to rush, actually. "

You mean that the shipbuilding process can be completed during the next update and get all the rewards except Puerto Rico obviously? Or i understand it wrong?

• Cool 1

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
926 posts
14,425 battles

Nope.

Not gonna do it.

During this week I'll melt my snowflakes then there's nothing else for me to do untill the middle of january. Great way to put "content" into a game. Set up an event that 99% will never see the end of.

I also want to share a thought about how I feel. The reason I won't even start or bother with this is the same reason why I don't swim across the English channel. I don't start anything that I can't complete.

• Cool 10

[GOES4]
Players
31 posts
5,218 battles
57 minutes ago, matia251 said:

"You’ll still be able to complete the unfinished ship during the next Update, after the shipbuilding process comes to an end. So, there’s no need to rush, actually. "

You mean that the shipbuilding process can be completed during the next update and get all the rewards except Puerto Rico obviously? Or i understand it wrong?

I think that they mean that you can finish PR using doubloons until the end of the next patch.

So they ease the rules if you give them money, otherwise...

• Cool 2

Players
261 posts
9,710 battles
1 hour ago, matia251 said:

by paying doubloons...

[-GNG-]
Players
85 posts
8,125 battles

Wargaming doesn't stop to amaze us, this time in a negative way. Now this.... "article" is simply unacceptable...

Like we say in Greece "Stou koufou tin porta oso theleis vronta"

Translation, on a deaf man's door, knock for as long as you want. We usually say this on stubborn people, like these things who work at Wargaming....

• Cool 6

[OEL]
Players
174 posts
2,906 battles
11 minutes ago, hogger4169 said:

Wargaming doesn't stop to amaze us, this time in a negative way. Now this.... "article" is simply unacceptable...

Like we say in Greece "Stou koufou tin porta oso theleis vronta"

Translation, on a deaf man's door, knock for as long as you want. We usually say this on stubborn people, like these things who work at Wargaming....

Is it amazing to see how they keep acting like nothing happened, isn't it?

[OEL]
Players
174 posts
2,906 battles
1 minute ago, Kucsek said:

Just reported the Video on YouTube:

- spam/misleading: hoax & cheat

Sad but true as Metallica would say 

• Cool 2

[CIRC]
Beta Tester
236 posts
3,049 battles

I dare WG to publish the stats after this event is over, How many doubloons were spent, how many people managed to complete all 7 directives and then how many managed to get PR for 'free'.

I'm guessing the number is going to be a very round one! :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,882 posts

At least the details are now published.

But the apology for the miscommunication has been cut from it and there is still nothing in sight to address the anger of the players.

Nothing essential has changed so far.

• Cool 4

[WAR]
Players
428 posts

I have been told a short time ago by my neighbour, who is a legal research assistant, that I, and others, could make a case for the return of 100% of the money we have spent on WoWs since the game started, less a fair fee for use of their server etc, on the basis of the following argument...

WG.NET have proven themselves to less that adequate guardians of our accounts... the minute trust is breached by them, is the time we should be able to say we no longer trust them with our pixels and demand a refund.

The same argument, along similar lines, could be applied when a company that you have invested in is found to have stolen invested money... the money (or pixels) has been held in trust for us by WG.NET....

....and that trust is no longer there based on the criminal acts they committed to steal invested money, and attempt to steal more....

The fact is, WoWs should be shut down now to protect those coming after us... personally... I want to see the crooks locked up and the company closed. Nothing would make me happier. 

EDIT: I have looked and looked and I can find NO ONE that supports WG over this fiasco. Not on ANY of the four servers... nor on REDDIT.... the Community Contributors are on the verge of resigning because they were USED to mislead people... its not looking god for the crooks... silence is not helping matters... not this time... calls for Sub_Octavian to be fired are common now...

WG, grow a pair... man up, say sorry and offer refunds and make the event a REAL event... making amends like that will look good in Court for you....

• Cool 1

[OEL]
Players
174 posts
2,906 battles
11 minutes ago, Kiwi1960 said:

I have been told a short time ago by my neighbour, who is a legal research assistant, that I, and others, could make a case for the return of 100% of the money we have spent on WoWs since the game started, less a fair fee for use of their server etc, on the basis of the following argument...

WG.NET have proven themselves to less that adequate guardians of our accounts... the minute trust is breached by them, is the time we should be able to say we no longer trust them with our pixels and demand a refund.

The same argument, along similar lines, could be applied when a company that you have invested in is found to have stolen invested money... the money (or pixels) has been held in trust for us by WG.NET....

....and that trust is no longer there based on the criminal acts they committed to steal invested money, and attempt to steal more....

The fact is, WoWs should be shut down now to protect those coming after us... personally... I want to see the crooks locked up and the company closed. Nothing would make me happier. 

EDIT: I have looked and looked and I can find NO ONE that supports WG over this fiasco. Not on ANY of the four servers... nor on REDDIT.... the Community Contributors are on the verge of resigning because they were USED to mislead people... its not looking god for the crooks... silence is not helping matters... not this time... calls for Sub_Octavian to be fired are common now...

WG, grow a pair... man up, say sorry and offer refunds and make the event a REAL event... making amends like that will look good in Court for you....

Class action lawsuit seems possible in our case. But I guess North America is the place to file one.

[SRW]
Players
1,941 posts
7,960 battles

So much love...

likes.jpg

You're consistently making it worse and worse.

Not a single attention to any complain. Not a single constructive explanation. Not a single proper apology.

Just ignoring completely all feedback from your entire community and treating us like disabled hamsters.

flip-2.png?w=780

• Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[WAR]
Players
428 posts
32 minutes ago, rilship said:

Class action lawsuit seems possible in our case. But I guess North America is the place to file one.

It would work anywhere, the problem I see is that WG is based in Russia but their HQ is in Cyprus, a known tax haven and number one hang out of choice for crooks... the US courts might say they cannot rule on other nations where a wows server is housed... and I get that... it should be possible to sue them AFTER the commerce watchdogs are done with them as that could make our chances much better.

In the meantime... I'd LOVE IT with the crooks would remove that "dockyard" crap from my port... I do NOT wish to be insulted by them any more.... and why does the armory default to a Merry Christmas advert for us to buy gambling containers? If I want to see their lies about "Merry Christmas" I'll be sick...

BEST OF ALL.... rather than venting to cretins that are not listening... get on the phone, send emails and complain to your national commerce watchdogs asking them to investigate. mention illegal gambling, scams, extortion, fraud....

• Cool 2

Players
7 posts
5,858 battles

Honestly... whoever is in charge of the PR department needs to have a rethink. The ENTIRE community is outraged at this event. Do you think posting a video that contains misleading information is a good idea??? like who's bright idea was that?. It's been proven that the Prinz was much easier to grind than the Gorizia, yet here you are saying you've listened to the community and how people struggled to grind the Prinz...

Can you maybe go back to the drawing board, acknowledge the disaster that this event has been, actually properly apologize on the main website, not deep down in the forums where a small percentage of people will come across the non-apology that was posted before. The whole saga leaves a really bad taste in the mouth. 

• Cool 3